Artur Jarosinski has passed away

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
dce

Re: Artur Jarosinski has passed away

Post by dce »

Those of us who have ever dabbled in the world of Leonard Cohen live recordings -- particularly on dimeadozen -- will know how passionate and energetic Artur was in bringing LC recordings to the widest possible audience. He was personally responsible for literally hundreds of recordings (old and new) making their way to probably thousands of fans around the world. His untimely passing is not only a personal tragedy, but also a sad loss to the international LC fan community. He will be so sadly missed, in so many places.

Artur's final avatar over on dimeadozen is a photograph of Leonard with a printed caption "Tell Me It's A Bad Dream". That's pretty much exactly how I felt when I read this news ...

Dean (from Adelaide)
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
mutti

Post by mutti »

Its always sad when someone so young dies so suddenly (of any age actually) and especially from our community.
I am so sorry and send my thoughts to Artur's family and friends and everyone here who knew him.
Leslie
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
jim devlin

Post by jim devlin »

The news of Artur's death has saddened me very deeply. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.
Artur, my friend: r.i.p.
Jim
3mariza1

Post by 3mariza1 »

So sad when a young life ends suddenly. He was just my daughter's age. When thinking back to how little time, when she is born us ...so little.
My condolences to his family.

-mariza-
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Like everyone else, I am deeply saddened by this loss to our community. It was great to meet him in Krakow-Anne & my condolences go out to all of his family and friends. Rest in peace.

Joe & Anne
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
holydove

Post by holydove »

How very tragic & sad this news. I didn't know Artur personally, but had indirect contact through tradings of recordings, & I know that he will be greatly missed by many.

I pray that his journey be peaceful, wherever he is & offer my condolences to family & friends.
kaz

Post by kaz »

Tell me it`s a bad dream.
Yesterday,I attended Artur`s funeral and memorial service in his hometown of Bochnia.I still think of him,try to understand why
and how ? Last time Artur was seen in the internet on Saturday evening at 9.19 PM .Eleven hours later,on Sunday morning he walked along the canal/river bank,suddenly collapsed, fell into water,help came a few minutes later, but it was late.
/banalny means banal/.
Attachments
last dime access.jpg
1985:Zabrze 2008:Dublin x 2 /London O2/Praha/Wroclaw/
:Bratislava/2010:Katowice/Bratislava./2013:Lodz/Vienna
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

So sorry to hear this sad, tragic news.
Although we didn't know Artur personally, he did sent us some Cds & he included a little card. Our condolences go out to all of his family and friends.
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
dick

Post by dick »

Regret not having met Artur. He sounds and looks like a wonderful Cohenite. RIP
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That makes it all the more confusing, kaz, and somehow even sadder, if that's even possible. It's good you were able to be at his funeral.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
neo

Post by neo »

Thank you for giving us some news of the funeral and memorial service, kaz!
What sad religions they want us to believe.
rvandewiel

Post by rvandewiel »

I am shocked as well. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but we communicated a lot via dime and our privat email addresses. He was a generous and grateful trading partner. When reading between the digital lines I always suspected there was a very pleasant and passionated human being behind the avatar of Dime. I will never forget how enthusiastically he explained to me how to smuggle recording equipment into concert areas, I must say he had an imaginative mind. I didn't know he was only 32. To me he is the archivist par excellence of Leonard's music.

Rene
Sasha K

Post by Sasha K »

"Love never dies..."

I am so glad that time is relative and on some level Artur is very much alive, in a better place I am sure...let's think of him surrounded by Love Itself and the purest light...Our love and support to his friends and family.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

From Artur's family via Daniel:
I was asked to thank you and the community for all the support the family has received from your forum.
Thank you very much -
Daniel

Dziękuję za uczestnictwo w ostatniej drodze Artura.
Mam prośbę jeżeli to możliwe o przekazanie na forum Leonarda Cohena podziękowań wszystkim przyjaciołom Artura,
Którzy tak ciepło i serdecznie wyrażali swe opinie jak również wyrazy współczucia dla Rodziny Artura.
Pozdrawiam
Halina Jarosińska
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
endoflove

Post by endoflove »

Traded discs & memorabilia with Artur for many years, such a generous person, last saw him in Manchester in 2008 at Cohen concert when I sat next to him, am playing his recording of the show now.
God Bless

Return to “News”