CONCERT REPORTS: Las Vegas, Nevada, December 10 & 11, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
drsing

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Las Vegas, Nevada, December 10 & 11, 2010

Post by drsing »

IrishAL wrote: With a special lead in by the members of the Fourm singing "Passing Through".....a great suggestion by Marie Mazur which started hesitantly but then gathered both volume and momentum until Leonard took to the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoDVbkE2Th8
albert
Thanks a lot for capturing this wonderful moment ;-)
Passing Thru, brings back old memories, my first LC show in 1985 :!: :)
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Maarten - as usual your photos are outstanding http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9 ... 631b226808 - Thank you so very much.

Zenon (you sat behind us in Phoenix) thank you for your personal memory and capturing 'Passing Through'.

Albert - leave it to you to capture all of us singing 'Passing Through' - wonderful!!!!! Thank you a bazillion times!

Will post my thoughts about these concerts and meetups later. No time now as I am busily searching the forum for where the next concert will be and making plans. What? you say? reality hasn't hit me yet? I guess I simply can't accept it - hope is the word :) :lol:

Til later, Best regards,
Mary

(P.S. Diana, you have just got to say more (hope you had a safe and non-eventful trip home)- I know there is sooo much more in your heart - let it spill :D :!: )
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Sochijava

Post by Sochijava »

What a night, what a celebration, what memories. I'm not sure how the night could have been more perfect.

It was lovely meeting so many you!

I will treasure my memories of Saturday night, and my December 11th set list, forever.

Albert - the videos are fantastic, thank you, thank you! Passing Through is so special. Any chance you have Take this Waltz?

anthonyreno - you didn't imagine it, it was Rebecca de Mornay.

I'm still high on the emotion of the evening.
Toronto June 6 2008; Ottawa May 25 & 26 2009; Las Vegas 11 December 2010; Montreal 2012; Ottawa 2012; Kingston 2012.
pe swijngedouw

Post by pe swijngedouw »

zenon,
you captured some of the most important moments of this tour (besides every moment of every concert of this tour, i've been to) ; thank you so much for that : catching some (of the highest ranked) members in singing and clapping their thanks for this tour ; and even more important, the last notes, is so warming up these winter days ; thank you very much

pe
... precisely ...
mutti

Post by mutti »

First I want to thank you Jarkko for the gift you gave me for guessing the city, Las Vegas for the last concert of the 2010 World Tour.
Thank you Albert for the videos and Maarten for your photos and all the others for yours.
I am still processing the 3 days. It went by so fast. I missed spending time with so many people that I only had a chance to say hi to.
I loved both evenings. The last night was incredible as you can see on the videos. It was fun to sing Passing Through...our voices were just rabble for the longest time and then it became wild and crazy and fun and we all got in tune. Thank you Paula and Don...The moment when the band and Leonard ran on stage and you knew they heard it, was great....especially when Leonard sang the one line...
The audience sang like they did at Lissadell to So long Marianne, Famous Blue Raincoat, parts of Hallelujah and "Then they take Berlin".
Leonard's voice was so full and just perfect...his moves were tight and he was elegant, sexy and soulful.
It was great to see so many familiar faces from the forum there and to meet a lot I only knew by name....from so many places.
all part of the 'family'...it felt so good.
Leslie/Mutti 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

luke79 wrote:Am I right about the second night?
Hi Luke,

The first set ended with "Anthem" on both nights (you have called it "Ring the Bells" and put it in the second set). "Tower of Song" starts the second set, both nights.

Cheers!
Lisa
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

How can one find words to describe the two concerts in Las Vegas that would even remotely express what they were like? I’ll do my best: Thrilling. Magnificent. Perfect. Wonderful. Sublime. Intense. Life-Affirming. Awesome. Touching. Beautiful. Transcendent. Joyous. Our dear, sweet Leonard Cohen was all of these things and more. He was funny and sexy and playful and serious, humble and gracious and generous. He performed with such incredible passion and infectious exuberance, most definitely giving us everything he had. My heart was overwhelmed with love and happiness. It was the best 8 hours of my life. I laughed, I cried, and I often found myself breathless during some of the greatest performances of the most extraordinary songs ever written. It was a privilege to have been there to experience the brilliance of this remarkable and incomparable man on two very special nights. Every song was a highlight, every moment a gem. Thank you, Leonard, thank you so much.
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

I don't know whether I am really ready to report on the two concerts as I am still trying to process the whole experience. It was my first time and it is rather overwhelming really. To actually be there to see Leonard and his wonderful troup perform is just an honor. I was in the center front, 6th row back. It was amazing as I was right in front of him when he was singing :D I felt he was singing just to me... I am sure he just sees rows of happy smiling faces, but I felt the contact. He really is awsome. No other words for it. Now I can see why people go to so many concerts. I need to go again. :D

My other memorable experiences in chronological order are: As I was walking down the hallway in the Hotel, there was Sharon Robinson walking towards me. I said hello and we talked for a few minutes. She is very, very nice and let me have a photo taken with her and signed an autograph (thank you mutti for the notebook :D it came in very handy). Then I met Jarkko at the entrance of the Theatre, he also signed my book and we had a photo taken. He is wonderful. What a pleasure to talk to him and his wife.

Of course, also I met a lot of the Forum members who I feel I already know from their postings. I was sitting next to a very nice young man at the first concert, Brad, do not know his forum name. Hi Brad if you read this. He is from Boston, I forgot to tell him that I used to live in Cambridge, still live in Ma. though. All in all it was wonderful to be there. It was everything I was hoping for and a lot more.

Marie
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
mousey03

Post by mousey03 »

Cheshire gal wrote:I don't know whether I am really ready to report on the two concerts as I am still trying to process the whole experience. It was my first time and it is rather overwhelming really. To actually be there to see Leonard and his wonderful troup perform is just an honor. I was in the center front, 6th row back. It was amazing as I was right in front of him when he was singing :D I felt he was singing just to me... I am sure he just sees rows of happy smiling faces, but I felt the contact. He really is awsome. No other words for it. Now I can see why people go to so many concerts. I need to go again. :D

My other memorable experiences in chronological order are: As I was walking down the hallway in the Hotel, there was Sharon Robinson walking towards me. I said hello and we talked for a few minutes. She is very, very nice and let me have a photo taken with her and signed an autograph (thank you mutti for the notebook :D it came in very handy). Then I met Jarkko at the entrance of the Theatre, he also signed my book and we had a photo taken. He is wonderful. What a pleasure to talk to him and his wife.

Of course, also I met a lot of the Forum members who I feel I already know from their postings. I was sitting next to a very nice young man at the first concert, Brad, do not know his forum name. Hi Brad if you read this. He is from Boston, I forgot to tell him that I used to live in Cambridge, still live in Ma. though. All in all it was wonderful to be there. It was everything I was hoping for and a lot more.

Marie
Hello, Marie. It was lovely meeting you, as well. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

Brad
tigerm

Post by tigerm »

Well, hope all had a good time in Las Vegas. I didn't get to meet as many of you due to my miserable infirmities-a seasonal cold and I found out on the Friday I had broken my foot several times. Despite all that I managed to get myself to attend both shows and my physical miseries melted away.
I always come away discovering something about a song, or appreciating a song in a new light and Friday and Saturday were no exceptions. Unforgettable is the word.
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

Hello Brad,

Glad I actually got you to post again. :D It was a lovely Concert and you made it special for me also with your friendliness and patience with a first timer. I hope I did not interupt your concentration on such a great performance with my obvious enthusiasm. You did tell me you did not post very often.... but four times Brad ? :D

All the best
Marie
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Lisa - your superlatives of this show were spot on! Ditto, I say.

Marie - I'm sooo glad you finally were able to experience LC live - takes loving his work to a whole other level, doesn't it?

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

May I join you in your absolutely accurate choice of words, too, Lisa? You couldn't have chosen them any better!

~ Lizzy :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
musicmania

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Las Vegas, Nevada, December 10 & 11, 20

Post by musicmania »

I am only just home a few minutes from Las Vegas. What an amazing weekend which for me was the best moment of my life when I met Leonard as he was leaving Sunday. I have hand written a report and once I get some sleep I will type it up. I also have hand written review of the concerts and lots of photos to sort from both nights. I was a good bit back but I took loads so hopefully some will be good. I also met Dino and The Webb Sisters. Amazing people all round. I'm so overwhelmed at present. On the flight home as I wrote my concert report I listened to Leonard on my MP3 for the first time since meeting him. When Hallelujah came on I so overcome in tears for the whole song. Many of you will know how much this song means to me and Leonard signed the lyrics for me in my lyrics book of his music. He also signed my flag which Dino had seen me waving in the audience. Some of you may remember seeing him pointing and waving at someone. I know I was speaking to people after the concert who had seen this. When I met Dino he confirmed this for me. Lots of the crew and The Webb Sisters also spotted it in the audience. Some I think remembered it from Poland or from being my friend on FB. I have so much to share and I want to read what everyone else is saying and of course watch the videos of this magical weekend. For now I must lay down for a while as I am awake over 23 hours and in tears as I type this so going to listen to my body and rest a while.
Last edited by musicmania on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

I'm so happy for you, Gwen! Your adventures turned out to be wonderful this year.
(Just as mine :D)
Eva

Return to “The World Tour 2010”