CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jdhayes

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 2010

Post by jdhayes »

Sorry, ladydi, no message yet. I tried to send you a private message but the message I got was that I was not allowed to send a private message to this member.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

:lol: :lol:

oh-oh..has the Forum banned me from receiving private messages? I must have done something wrong! But no...I got one a couple of days ago (whew :roll: ).

My email is ddahart@gmail.com. We'll give up on pm's! :)
gallina

Post by gallina »

Hi,
your box might be full, and if you delete some messages it could work again. Did you try it?
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Thanks Gallina,

That was the first thing I checked but I had deleted about 20 messages a couple of weeks ago. Probably just a little "gremlin" in the system! Appreciate the suggestion though.

See you in December.....maybe? :D

Diana
gallina

Post by gallina »

Oh, yes, Diana, see you in December!!!! Looking forward to know you personally. Szilvia
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
Mikeaus

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Sligo, Ireland, July 31 & August 1, 201

Post by Mikeaus »

annmarie wrote:
Mikeaus wrote:The voting only proves that those who went to Templehouse did not go to either of the Leonard Cohen concerts. Had they been to see Leonard the score would have been 100% for Lissadell. The greatest concerts ever held in Ireland. :lol:
Some people seem to have been busy, Lissadel is leading again (198 vs 139) :D
Easy to see you're a Ballymote man, Mike! You spelt Templehouse as is used to be. Wonder when/why it became Temple House? I'd imagine it would also be a nice concert venue.
For me, second greatest concerts ever in Ireland. But then you didn't experience Kilmainham!
Best wishes.
Anne
You are very perceptive Annmarie. To deduce that I was from Ballymote from looking at the spelling of Templehouse, is simply amazing!

I still think the Lissadell concerts were the best ever. I accept that the Kalmainham concerts were amazing. In fact, Kilmainham was the reason I went to Lissadell. I saw fantastic Youtubes of the Kilmainham concerts and I hoped to experience that amazing atmosphere. Was it worth the trip? It was far far better. The Irish crowd were simply amazing.

On the 20th November we off to see Leonard at Hanging Rock (Australia). If we can recapture 50% of our Sligo experience, we will be in heaven.
Last edited by Mikeaus on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

If/ when Leonard comes back, I wonder will he play Lissadell or the O2?
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

Mikeaus wrote:
annmarie wrote:
Mikeaus wrote:The voting only proves that those who went to Templehouse did not go to either of the Leonard Cohen concerts. Had they been to see Leonard the score would have been 100% for Lissadell. The greatest concerts ever held in Ireland. :lol:
Some people seem to have been busy, Lissadel is leading again (198 vs 139) :D
Easy to see you're a Ballymote man, Mike! You spelt Templehouse as is used to be. Wonder when/why it became Temple House? I'd imagine it would also be a nice concert venue.
For me, second greatest concerts ever in Ireland. But then you didn't experience Kilmainham!
Best wishes.
Anne
You are very perceptive Annmarie. To deduce that I was from Ballymote from looking at the spelling of Templehouse, is simply amazing!

I still think the Lissadell concerts were the best ever. I accept that the Kalmainham concerts were amazing. In fact, Kilmainham was the reason I went to Lissadell. I saw fantastic Youtubs of the Kilmainham concerts and I hoped to experience that amazing atmosphere. Was it worth the trip? It was far far better. The Irish crowd were simply amazing.

On the 20th November we off to see Leonard at Hanging Rock (Australia). If we can recapture 50% of our Sligo experience, we will be in heaven.
Mike, I have to come clean here, I'm not that perceptive after all!! I married a Ballymote man almost forty years ago and have a fair amount of knowledge of the area!!
We also saw the article in the Sligo Champion.

I hope you can recapture some of the magic on the 20th.

Best wishes,
Anne
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

jdhayes wrote:If/ when Leonard comes back, I wonder will he play Lissadell or the O2?
Ah come on JD, while they were all magical nothing could beat Kilmainham!
Not that the venue matters, I'd go to Killnascully to see him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anne
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

But would you go to Ballydehob, Annmarie?
annmarie

Post by annmarie »

jdhayes wrote:But would you go to Ballydehob, Annmarie?

Yes JD, I'd even go Ballydung :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wonder if they'd have a good outdoor venue??
Anne :)
Mikeaus

Post by Mikeaus »

Is it true, there is a proposal before the Sligo County Council to erect a statue of Leonard on O'Connell Street?
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

Let's start a campaign to invite LC back, even if it is just to have a holiday!
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

jdhayes wrote:Let's start a campaign to invite LC back, even if it is just to have a holiday!
I did just that when I met him in Vegas. I also said it to Robert Kory and Ed Saunders. I told Robert Ireland loves Leonard and Leonard loves Ireland and we would love to have him back even as you say just for a holiday. Just after this was when Leonard came back over to us telling us how kind we were so Robert must have told him what I said. I'll be forever grateful to him for that as that was my favourite moment of meeting Leonard and then being able to talk to him about Lissadell.

Anyway my reason for coming back to this thread is to post the following video. I was checking stuff on teletext the other day while the RTE News Review was on in the background when I heard Leonard being mentioned but the clip was over really quickly but thankfully I was able to find it on the RTE Player online and I recorded it from my laptop screen with my phone. It is only a few seconds long but I like the choice of words and the fact that RTE included it in their review of the year! :D I also like the fact that the unmentionable act from the previous night was not mentioned :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5yTdlh1JHw
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

Good on you msicmania! Did you also tell him that I was his biggest fan and have been since 1967? Happy New Year!

Return to “The World Tour 2010”