Hanging Rock, Victoria Australia Nov 20

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Fontana

Hanging Rock, Victoria Australia Nov 20

Post by Fontana »

Our presale is over***

Use this link: http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Hanging- ... nue/156210

Cohen to sing at Hanging Rock

Andrew Murfett
September 28, 2010

Ready to rock: Michael Gudinski with Clare Bowditch.
Photo: Simon Schluter

AS PROMOTER Michael Gudinski began to spend more time at his Mount Macedon holiday home near Hanging Rock, he thought hard about hosting some big shows at the location. ''It's one of the best-kept secrets in Australia,'' Gudinski said yesterday at the site.

Now, after a year of planning, Canadian vocalist, songwriter and poet Leonard Cohen will be announced today as the headline act of the first rock show at Hanging Rock on Saturday, November 20. Victorian acts Paul Kelly, Clare Bowditch and Dan Sultan round out the bill.

''I've been trying for years to talk with the council about how to utilise this area,'' Gudinski said. ''The rock itself is a treasure. So we are going for more older-appealing heritage acts. Leonard is very keen. And if this works, we have an agreement from the Macedon Ranges Shire Council to do a series of shows.''

Gudinski believes the Cohen show will help attract interstate visitors and eventually bring recognition to Hanging Rock in the same way U2's seminal Live at Red Rocks album did for Colorado.

Cohen is said to have jumped at the gig, having heard of the site from Peter Weir's eerie film Picnic At Hanging Rock.

The event will also aim to highlight the area's produce and wines, and proceeds from parking will go towards a local Lions club. To cope with traffic, gates will open at lunchtime and acts will play during the day, before Cohen appears in the early evening.

Although capacity for the site is 20,000 it will be capped at about 12,000 for the first show.

''We're playing on the other side of the rock, which is a beautiful open field,'' he said. ''We are not interfering with things. There will be specially designed lights to light the rock, though,'' Gudinski said.

More gigs are planned at the site for early next year. For ecological reasons - two nesting owls on the rock need to be protected - shows cannot be held after March each year.

''It will become an iconic site for live music and hopefully the home of some very special concerts over the next few years,'' Gudinski said.

Source: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/ ... 15u4c.html
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Cohen to sing @ Hanging Rock, Victoria Australia *Confirmed*

Post by jarkko »

This seems to be true, but we are waiting for official confirmation.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Fontana

Post by Fontana »

Ticketsto Leonard Cohen at Hanging Rock with very special guests Paul Kelly, Clare Bowditch and Dan Sultan
go on sale on Monday 4 October from 9am.

FOR ALL INFO:
http://www.frontiertouring.com/hangingrock
Fontana

Post by Fontana »

PRE-SALE TICKETS VIA FRONTIERTOURING.COM WED 29 SEP NOON AEST - THU 30 SEP NOON AEST

(You must register ^ at the above website to be eligible to purchase the pre-sale tickets)
Fontana

Post by Fontana »

Fontana wrote:PRE-SALE TICKETS VIA FRONTIERTOURING.COM WED 29 SEP NOON AEST - THU 30 SEP NOON AEST

(You must register ^ at the above website to be eligible to purchase the pre-sale tickets)
As I mentioned in a previous thread, I contacted Frontier Touring and asked them to supply ASAP a *special* password if possible for the Forum members here to purchase pre-sale
tickets for this concert.
suburban.hornbag

Post by suburban.hornbag »

Oh my goodness how exciting!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

CONCERT CONFIRMED BOTH BY THE TOUR MANAGEMENT AND AEG LONDON.
PRESALE INFO WILL BE POSTED ON WEDNESDAY.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
blonde madonna

Re: Hanging Rock, Victoria Australia Nov 20 - Presale

Post by blonde madonna »

Yay :D

Now does anyone want my Friday night Rod Laver Arena tickets?
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
cecilia_000_99

Post by cecilia_000_99 »

At one minute past noon today (Wednesday 29 September) I purchased my tickets for Leonard's Hanging Rock concert on 20 November 2010.

When I was part of the memorable night he played at Rochford Winery in the Yarra Valley, just before so much of our valley was consumed by bushfires, I never thought another chance would come again to hear him and his friends at such a venue.

Hanging Rock is a magical place and I am so thrilled so be able to look forward to being there.

cecilia
dce

Post by dce »

Like cecilia, I was also hovering over the computer a few minutes after noon EST to grab some of the Frontier pre-sale tickets for the Hanging Rock shows (row E).

I will admit that when I first saw the line-up for the Aus & NZ tour, I was a bit disappointed that it included only indoor (mainly gigantic sporting arena) venues. Having seen some of the 2009 Winery shows as well as some of the other concerts on that tour, I can say that there is a completely different -- and I think better -- atmosphere at the outdoor shows.

I'm very glad that this late addition to the 2010 tour schedule will allow us to see LC and band perform at such a venue. Plus, it sounds like quite a magical place. I can't wait!

dce
Dean (from Adelaide)
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Ticketmaster Presale link the presale is active now:
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Hanging- ... nue/156210

Password: PICNIC
Maarten

Re: Hanging Rock, Victoria Australia Nov 20 - PRESALE NOW

Post by Maarten »

Jarkko,
Just tried this (for fun...) but it looks like the password is invalid (link takes you to "Frontier Members Presale"...). Can you please check this? Thx!

Maarten

***I made a test (now), and it works OK - they call it "Ticketmaster presale", and after you enter the password the system was open for a reservation! / Jarkko***

*** It's working now, but refused the password earlier... @Mikeaus: you lucky b*st*rd :-) *** Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Mikeaus

Post by Mikeaus »

I was able to get my tickets this morning Maarten. Imagine - Lissadell and Hanging Rock concerts for us in the one year (and Sydney). Could you get more amazing venues to listen to Leonard Cohen?
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Mikeaus,

I'm thrilled for you both! Met you briefly at the Garavogue in Sligo. No..it is hard to imagine being present in 2 such magical places for a Leonard Cohen concert...both in the same year! When this was first hinted at, I checked flights to and from Melbourne, car rentals, and accomodation, but then decided it was simply more than my budget could bear. Hah..the word "budget" seems unrelated to attending Leonard Cohen concerts :roll: Hanging Rock has fascinated me ever since I saw the film many years ago...and once again a few months ago! Enjoy every moment! My spirit will be travelling with you!

All the best,
Diana

Return to “The World Tour 2010”