Marseille, Who's going?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
harald

Re: Marseille, Who's going?

Post by harald »

hi all
on my way to france
if someone cares to know
regina and me are staying from saturday on at the small hotel Hermès, 2 rue bonneterie, close to vieux port, tel of the hotel +33-496116363 (my mobile has broken down, no time to buy a new one before france)
best
harald

i am searching 2 very good tickets for bratislava - please pm
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
Inne

Post by Inne »

deleted
Last edited by Inne on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
Tripping

Post by Tripping »

Patrice wrote:
Tripping wrote: QUESTION: what are the normal rules regarding cameras at concerts?
The "Dome" website indicates : no cameras and mobile phones must be turned off.
It seems there are a lot of local guards (not AEG) and a very strict policy :(
(guards of AEG are rather cool)

Elsewhere, you can enter with a little camera in your pocket or in a small bag...

Patrice
Thanks, Patrice.

This is bad news - it is going to be very difficult to spend my first and only day in Marseille without a camera.
Marseilles 2010, Barcelona 2012, London 2013, Amsterdam 2013. Hoping for more ..
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

We have two spare first row tickets for Marseille: parterre rang 0.
Box office collection from the presale so tickets will be handed over before the show!
Face value of course!
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
fenna

Post by fenna »

Dear coCohenites,
I'm also planning to join the meet-up on Tuesday..
Be seeing you all
Fenna
harald

Post by harald »

mondayday edit of the list for the meetup
harald wrote: MEETUP TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST, 2/3 PM TO 6 PM AT THE MASSILIA CAFE

INTERESTED, NOT LISTED - YOU ARE WELCOME, JUST SHOW UP THE CAFE
MEALS - NO SET MENU, INDIVDUAL A LA CARTE ORDERS

confirmed with meals:
2 “basecamp”=Hans + Caren (Berlin) /eat: 2 Yes
4 “BEATRIZ SALLES”=Bea + "Chema"=Chema + Meritxell + Merche (all BCN-team 2009) /eat: 4 Yes
2 "Bill´s Bar"=Tony Curran + Terry Murray / eat: 2 Yes (hope to be there)
1 “ciaran”=Ciarán /eat: 1 Yes
1 “cohenadmirer”=David(Wirral/UK) /eat: 1 Yes
2 “Conny”=Conny + Tigrib /eat: 2 Yes
2 “crystal”=Christel + Kalle /eat: 2 Yes
1 “daveeliver”=Dave(Liverpool) /eat: 1 Yes
1 “dave gilbert”=Dave /eat: 1 Yes
2 „holydove“=Rachel + "celtictyde"=Bob (New York/Connecticut) /eat: 2 Yes
1 “Inne”=Ingrid /eat: 1 Yes
1 “Judy”=Judy(France) /eat: 1 Yes
1 Montse(Madrid) /eat: 1 Yes
2 “mydoglorca” = Jill + John (Bristol) /eat: 2 Yes
1 "paola2"=Paola
2 “segelregina”=Regina + “harald”=Harald (Munich) /eat: 2 Yes
1 "Vlastik"=Vlasta /eat: 1 Yes

confirmed, no statement about meals:
2 “trish”=Trish + "Aloevera"=Paula – will come at 99%
1 "fenna"=Fenna

confirmed, coming later (3 of them with meals after 4 pm):
1 “mamcglynn09”=Marianne – will join us at 4 pm /eat: 1 Yes, only after 4 pm
1 "sandrine1"=Sandrine - only after 5 pm
2 “Tripping”=Lynette + Engela – will join us at 4 pm /eat: 2 Yes, only after 4 pm

not confirmed:
none

so we have to my knowledge
participants:
30 confirmed participants (2 of them at 99%)
4 more confirmed participants coming later

thereof with meals:
27 confirmed
3 more confirmed for meals after 4 pm
(edited monday morning)
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
sandrine1

Post by sandrine1 »

Hello

if you want I can buy flowers ! I don't think we'll have problems to get them into The Dome. And I also think Harald could give these flowers to Leonard.. It's up to you.
rpan

Re: Marseille, report on trial run

Post by rpan »

OK just to say I went up there this morning to see the lay of the land

1.50 on the metro flat rate, about 10 minutes from Vieux Port, no problems, the station is literally at the Dome.

The venue is absolutely ghastly! It actually looks to me like as if it has gone out of business, no signage to say what it is, no boards to say what is on there, didnt really find an entrance to it, all covered in graffiti etc - really really GRIM to my eyes. So... unless some miracle transformation is going to occur between now and tonight, those who were at Barcelona which was just beautiful should prepare themselves for a bit of a shock. They were cleaning the windows so I guess we should be grateful for that! Sort of concrete jungle on its own, did not notice anywhere much to pass time if you were early. Whoever chose this for Mr Cohen's 76th birthday venue should be severely punished in my opinion :roll: Maybe it is just me.

The trucks were arriving between 10-11 when I was up there
http://rospan.blogspot.com/2010/09/leon ... illes.html

Tried the walk back in case it comes to it. Straight down the Avenue St Just which runs down the right hand side under the overhead road and then just keep on walking straight down, once past the venue and overhead freeway I thought it was generally OK as a walk - interesting in the day time so see something outside the touristy centre. Leisurely pace took me 30 mins to Reform church at top of Carabiniere and then another 10 I guess to the port if you are down that end.

Enjoy everyone.
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
sandrine1

Post by sandrine1 »

you're right, the Dome is ugly. If you want to appreciate Marseille, you have to take the boat and visit the calanques, or go to the "Corniche", or see the Old Port. There's nothing to see in the surroundings of le Dome, and nothing to do. It's a shame.
trish

Post by trish »

Many thanks to Harald, Dave and Judy for organising the meetup. It was great to see everyone and it was the perfect lead-up to a wonderful concert. It was a truly memorable day. A bientot, mes amis, I hope to see you all in Vegas! XX
trish

Post by trish »

Just noticed the above my was 100th post! So I too have something personal to celebate, not just Leonard's birthday! As those of you who know me will know, I don't post much, but now that I've hit treble figures there may be no stopping me! ;-) Big wink!

What an amazing last couple of days! It's truly been wonderful :)

Thanks to Dave, Harald, Judy once again for the great meetup, and Meritxell and Beatriz for the candles and roses. It was a truly memorable day.
Tripping

Post by Tripping »

Thank you, thank you thank you1

It was the most wonderful day of my life!!

Love
Tripping
Marseilles 2010, Barcelona 2012, London 2013, Amsterdam 2013. Hoping for more ..
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

trish wrote:Just noticed the above my was 100th post! I don't post much, but now that I've hit treble figures there may be no stopping me! ;-) Big wink!.
Congratulations Trish! Be careful, it becomes addictive :roll: :lol: Nice to hear the meetup in Marseille went so well. Hope to hear more info on it (and photos also, please).
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Chema

Post by Chema »

Patrice, there was no problem to enter in Le Dome neither cameras of photos or mobiles. This one information does not put it in the web of Le Dome. What did want to say to us with this?
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Harald, Meritxell, Chema in the CafeMassilia before the concert in Marseille.<br />Three special people
Harald, Meritxell, Chema in the CafeMassilia before the concert in Marseille.
Three special people
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫

Return to “The World Tour 2010”