Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lizzytysh

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Jokapaikanapina ~
Yes, I'm going with Mum. Apart from the experience of seeing Leonard and the band live, it will also be a really memorable night together with my mother.

And thanks to everybody for the warmest welcome I've ever had to a forum!
That's WONDERFUL news, Jokapaikanapina!!! Yes, too, you are SOOoooo right on the memorable and bonding night this will prove to be with your mother 8) .

Thanks for your assessment of this Forum. It really, truly, is a remarkable group of people who belong and participate here. I hope you'll remain an active part, too.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Kai75 ~

We SO much understand how you feel about Leonard and the role he has occupied in your life. I'm so glad you were able to see Leonard perform live. For so long, the old timers here feared that would never happen again and that those who missed their chance years ago were simply lost to the possibility of that pleasure. In your own hometown... how lucky and wonderful was that 8) !?! Did you write your own report of it in the tour thread that covered Graz? If there's not one, start one! We'd love to read your own perspectives of it all.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Kai75

Post by Kai75 »

lizzytysh wrote:
Did you write your own report of it in the tour thread that covered Graz? If there's not one, start one! We'd love to read your own perspectives of it all.

~ Lizzy
Dear Lizzy,

I, in fact, wrote some lines about the concert in the tour thread before I did introduce myself in here. Not very much detailled informations because the experience was overwhelming to me. LCs music has been a constant attendant throughout the years. Both in good and bad times. I am quite interested in music and I have been to a lot of concerts in my life. But the LC-concert was probably the most moving experience I have ever made concerning music. I, somehow, had quite huge expectations for this evening and they were exceeded so much!

At the beginning of the concert Leonard promised "to give everything". And that`s just what he did for the following 3 1/2 hours...
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Jokapainkanapina and Kai,

It's always such a pleasure to read of other's first encounters and passions regarding LC and then to see their continued interaction on this forum. Welcome both to the forum and looking forward to seeing many more posts from both of you!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Lii

Post by Lii »

Hello!

I am Liisa, a 23-year-old Finnish university student.
I must have been listening to Leonard for about three years now. I was an idiot to miss the concert in Helsinki in 2008, so luckily I did see the concert a week ago and I am so happy I did. I am going to see him in Berlin. I am possibly going to see him in Strasbourg or elsewhere in France, too. I feel so strange, I never spend my money on concerts or travels, but now I cannot think of money. I hope to meet some of you on the way, as well!

Have a good week, everyone!
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Hi Liisa,

You're not an idiot, just simply let you miss the concert in Helsinki. Now, all this offset . I've also had bad ˝ luck ˝ last year when not, I got there in Bratislava Leonard concert . This year I have to give careful attention to when it will sell tickets to the concert. I managed to secure VIP tickets, at 5-th row of seats. Do you know what I am very happy. Also, I am not at all interested in how I give money for a ticket, especially I want to be at the concert . At first I said that I just go to a concert in Bratislava, but then I decided to go to the concert in Katowice.

my friends now, I said how much I pay for a ticket to the concert, they we told that I am crazy.I tell them also that they are fools, because they know not who is Leonard Cohen . I also have ready money for souvenirs.
And no, nobody stops me is that I bought what I love to Leonard, it means everything. If you have symptoms Cohenphilic personality disorder, you are right. We all are affected in the proper sense but here I am satisfied that I am in the right place. So welcome and enjoy it here. ;-)

His poems are like a prayer
His songs are like a caress the soul

*** Leonard is a love for life. 8)
scarletttango

Post by scarletttango »

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and still need lots of time to read my way around overhere. Have been a fan of Leonard and his songs for years, just love his poetry!

Age 47, single mom, live in Belgium and will have the opportunity to see Leonard Live this coming Saturday in Ghent. Will take my youngest son with me to the concert.
alikatis

hi from a sydney girl

Post by alikatis »

hi everyone - i am loving reading all on this forum - very excited to hold tix (in the 9th row!!) to the november concert in sydney!!

i'm not sure of the most appropriate place to add this: i'm a singer in a jazz/blues/soul quartet, called 'ali & the thieves' and i am writing a show concentrating leonard cohen's work for the sydney fringe festival.

the show is called 'Leonard Cohen Koans' and is on for two september nights (19 and 23) in the sydney inner west suburb of Enmore. i would love to pop a flier up here and let you all know more about it, in case anyone is interested in coming to see it - may i ask one of the moderators here to let me know if that is cool to do?

thanks - looking forward to maybe meeting some of you at the november sydney concert!!

ali :)
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

I discovered Leonard Cohen in my youth in the early 1970's, enjoying his first 3 albums immensely. Then life went on, and except for VERY occasionally listening to those albums, I gradually forgot about the man. Fast forward 30 years or so...we were channel surfing and encountered a PBS fundraiser featuring the Live In London concert. The segments they showed...probably a dozen....just floored my wife and I, we had never seen performers who were so genuinely happy and pleased to be plying their crafts (later I learned that is Mr. Cohen's, and his band's, style). I was also pleasantly surprised to find that his newer music, while often strikingly different from the old songs I knew, was just as intriguing. This was late 2009, and since then I've acquired most of his music and read his 2 novels and most of "Stranger Music." To me, he has a way with words that can only be described as magical, whether in songs or literary works. I found this site recently and very much appreciate the efforts of the many who post and provide videos of the current concert tour. We dream of attending one of the "to-be-announced" concerts that will conclude this tour if one of the venues is in eastern US or Canada and we are lucky enough to be able to find tickets.

Curt
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
ivana_258

Post by ivana_258 »

Hello!
I am Ivana, from Belgrade.
Leonard had a concert in Belgrade last year. He chanced my life then like many times before and after.

I am so happy that I can read all of those words.

My favorite song is ''If It Be Your Will''

Hello, again for all!
tinawarrington

Post by tinawarrington »

Hello, I`m new to this site, and believe I will enjoy it very well. I was first introduced to Leonard`s music last year, when I met my soon to be husband. He sent me Leonard`s song, Ain`t no cure for love in an e-mail. I have been hooked ever since. He has become one of my all time favorites, if not the one. It would be a blessing in disguise to be able to sit down and talk with this man, and the band members. I can see in his face, that he has a lot to tell, if someone would listen. I think it would be an awesome gift. The man has been given a talent and uses it well. Thank you Leonard.
tinawarrington

Post by tinawarrington »

Hello, I`m new to this site, and believe I will enjoy it very well. I was first introduced to Leonard`s music last year, when I met my soon to be husband. He sent me Leonard`s song, Ain`t no cure for love in an e-mail. I have been hooked ever since. He has become one of my all time favorites, if not the one. It would be a blessing in disguise to be able to sit down and talk with this man, and the band members. I can see in his face, that he has a lot to tell, if someone would listen. I think it would be an awesome gift. The man has been given a talent and uses it well. Thank you Leonard.
lorcamaria

Post by lorcamaria »

Hello Everyone,

I'm brand new here.

My name is Maria from the UK and I really admire Leonard Cohens' work whether it be music, literature or Spirit!

Look forward to reading your posts and adding where I can.

Maria :D
Maria

Ring the bell that still can ring, forget your perfect offering,
There is a crack in everything, that's how the Light gets in.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Been a while since I've been on this thread and so many new members introducing themselves - wonderful! So, welcome; Liisa, scarletttango, alikatis, Curt, ivana258, tinawarrington, and lorcamaria. Thank you for sharing a bit of yourselves with us and hope you decide to stay. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts in this vast forum.

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lorcamaria

Post by lorcamaria »

Thank you for the warm welcome MaryB
:)
Maria

Ring the bell that still can ring, forget your perfect offering,
There is a crack in everything, that's how the Light gets in.

Return to “Comments & Questions”