Sligo-Help for newbies.

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
swan13

Re: Sligo-Help for newbies.

Post by swan13 »

carlowmike wrote:The Tree-planting will take place today at noon, the
meeting place is at Shenanigans, near to where the ceremony will take place.
Leonard's team are working onhaving a representative perform the planting.
Latest communication from them say they will do their best.
All are welcome to attend.
Misty up here this morning. The ground at Lissadell is soft and mucky in places, so be ready for the worst and hope for better :!: ;-)
Great news. We are just through Clougher and hope to arrive on time. Where would be best place to park close to shenanigans? Liz
"Should've got in the car"
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

There is some parking on Stephens Street, no need to pay for parking ticket.
Seen the Venue at Lissadell this morning ,
Wellies may be a choice but sensible footwear is a must ...very mucky+slippy.
The latest on the Tree-planting is that Rep. from Band are unable to attend.
I share extract from a message from Joseph and Mike on Leonard's Management team:

"Good Morning Michael,

As logistics have simple become unpredictable due to traffic and certain technical issues, we will not be able to get band members to and from Sligo today. I apologize for this let down, but on show days all decisions must be made erring on the side of caution. Hopefully we can make an event happen in the future".

However the Tree-planting ceremony to commemorate the visit of Leonard and his Band to Sligo will go ahead at noon. carlowmike ;-) .
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Did anyone hear anything on the traffic to the Westlife concert yesterday. Know it's best to leave early for the venue, but do not relish being out in the elements for 8 hours if we leave for the venue at 3pm.

Tinds - fantastic news! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
rpan

Post by rpan »

[quote="MaryB"]Did anyone hear anything on the traffic to the Westlife concert yesterday. Know it's best to leave early for the venue, but do not relish being out in the elements for 8 hours if we leave for the venue at 3pm.quote]

I had a chat with coffee shop owner this morning in town and he had heard from friends attending last night that the roads and parking were pretty grim, huge traffic jams etc etc on some roads for kilometres out, the prioirity routes not working all that well and so on - but it is all just vague. Best to leave early I guess but as you say this could mean some rather miserable hours in the damp if it turns out to be running more smoothly today.
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
vanvliet

Post by vanvliet »

My wife and daughter went last night - Priority buses were a bit of a disaster coming home. They waited nearly 2 hours to even get a bus, 2 am before they arrived back in town. We're booked for tonight, so hopefully improvements will be made.
scarlet

Post by scarlet »

Im travelling on the coach leaving Markree Castle at 5pm tonight, should i be worried about getting to the concert on time?
avo101

Post by avo101 »

You should be fine. There is a lot of traffic on the way out so you will be an hour getting there. Best advice is to be one of the first to leave the venue when it ends as the car park can only hold a limited number of buses and if you dont get on one of the first ones you could easily be waiting an hour at least if not more. Was there last night, great place.
scarlet

Post by scarlet »

thanks avo thats very useful info :)
deda

Post by deda »

Does anyone know how much parking is available at the venue? I am travelling up from Carlow and planning to try and park there. I hope to leave home round 12 so should get there round 3.30 to 4. I know there are coaches from Sligo but I have never been there before and don't know where I would leave the car in Sligo. Due to family commitments I will be driving home again after the concert. Any tips, help gratefully appreciated!! I am looking forward to the concert but getting stressed out over all the minor details at the moment. Thanks, Deirdre
scarlet

Post by scarlet »

I didnt manage to find out how much parking there is at the venue and to avoid the risk of not being able to park in sligo town im driving to Markree Castle, Collooney to get on the priority bus. Plenty of parking there and there shouldnt be too much congestion driving there.
deda

Post by deda »

Thanks Scarlet, I will look that up. Do you need to book the priority bus in advance?
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Weather forcasts/men must have the same track record around the world - so many mistakes and they still have their jobs :roll: :lol: Forecast was for rain all day - actually, a bit of rain, but mostly cloudy with the sun threatening to come through. Will be a cold one though. No worry, LC will warm us :D
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Diane

Post by Diane »

Have a marvellous time this weekend, everyone, by 'the waters and the wild'. The west of Ireland is a magical place.

Don't worry about it raining - those of us who were in Kilmainham recall that nothing better can happen!
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... a65d4f4a29 Photos of the Tree planting and meetup. Heading across to the venue in 45 minutes!!!!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
wexfordanne

Post by wexfordanne »

Going to gig tomorrow.Is it definitely a wellies affair?Also what's the deal with bringing in food and drink?

Return to “The World Tour 2010”