using leonard's music for romantic success

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
sebmelmoth2003

using leonard's music for romantic success

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

which song of leonard should i use to increase my chances of romantic success?
--------------
June 21, 2010

Romantic Music Increased Male's Flirting Success

An average-looking man's chances of getting women's phone numbers after flirting doubled when the women had just heard romantic music. Cynthia Graber reports...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/podca ... r-10-06-21
Womanfromaroom

Re: using leonard's music for romantic success

Post by Womanfromaroom »

You know, I can only speak for myself, but "Suzanne" works wonderfully well! AND "I'm Your Man" does for me, too, although the woman in question might then decide she'd prefer Leonard himself... ;-)
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy »

I'm glad to see Scientific American finally addressing an issue of substance and offering clearly useful information.
First the researchers found a guy who was rated average looking by a group of women. Then that average Antoine talked about a couple of food products with 87 different women, aged 18 to 20. But before the conversation, half the women heard this romantic French tune: Je L’aime a Mourir. The other half heard this song that most in France agree is neutral: "L’heure du Thé," or "Tea Time". After talking, Antoine pulled each one aside and asked for her phone number. Only 28 percent of the women who heard the tea song gave out their info. But 52 percent of the women who listened to the love song said yes. So maybe, guys, you should wait for a romantic tune before making your move.
If the goal is to induce the desired woman to say "yes," the obvious choice would seem to be "Do I Have To Dance All Night:"

I learned this step a while ago.
I had to practice it while everybody slept.
I waited half my life for you, you know,
I didn’t even think that you’d accept.
And here you are before me in the flesh
saying “Yes, yes, yes!”
Stamatina

Post by Stamatina »

Lullaby..
Not sure about the lyrics, but the music is sweet enough to open me up. But that's because I am much into Leonard's music, if you're trying to get to a woman who isn't maybe you should go with the simple and easy choices, Dance Me To The End Of Love, Take This Waltz..etc..
"Oh chosen love, Oh frozen love
Oh tangle of matter and ghost
Oh darling of angels, demons and saints
And the whole broken-hearted host
Gentle this soul..."
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Hey there sebmelmoth,

Here's what you do:

Get a small room with a good sound system, a small window and bare walls. Make sure there is no one around to distract you, get yourself comfortable and listen to Leonard's songs. It does not really matter which songs you choose, you may play them all in series or choose just a few. What matters is that you truly listen. Try to listen with your heart if you can. Do this for some time.

After a while you will find that you have learned how to appreciate, perhaps even worship a woman's beauty without objectifying her. You will make friends with words that will later prove useful. You will be at peace, and you will come to posses a respect for women's mystery, perhaps even a few sparks of insight into their charms.

The woman you desire will then come to you and love you.

Later, when she leaves your heart in blooded shreds on your room's floor, you will find that you are quite well prepared for that as well.

Good luck, and please let us all know how it went!

Avi
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hi Sebelmoth2003,

It really depends on what will make a person feel better about herself, more alive, and connected to you through
a particular song... This varies, of course. (Presumption being that you are a male and that the "herself" is
applicable).
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Well, I would suggest Ain't No Cure for Love, depending on how into the person you want to be (um, that came out wrong). "I'm aching for you, baby," and "I need to see you naked in your body and your thought" will certainly convey the message that you really want to be with this person! And that jazzy saxaphone is just so hot!
KjeXXXer

Post by KjeXXXer »

brightnow wrote:

Forgive me if I do not believe. Also I doubt there's any need to tell any true Cohen-fan to deter from objectifying women.

More on topic, I have been gifted with a deep voice which I make great use of. Anything from I'm Your Man (apart from the great Jazz Police, perhaps!) and songs like Light As The Breeze growled softly in her ear does the trick, particularly if she is a fan.
Obviously, one should also possess confidence and personal authority to ensure success.

Show her a good time now :D
Now you've got the gist of what my lettuce meant.
Cate

Post by Cate »

all good choices
for me
Always

but to be honest,if I were single you'd have my interest at 'here's a Leonard Cohen song'.
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

KjeXXXer wrote:
brightnow wrote:
Forgive me if I do not believe.
Well, I didn't mean for anyone to take this quite so literally.
KjeXXXer wrote:
brightnow wrote:
Also I doubt there's any need to tell any true Cohen-fan to deter from objectifying women.
I beg to differ and so does my friend Mr. Martin Buber. We all have a tendency to objectify the Other which we must counter. It is even more difficult to focus on someone's external appearance and not fall into the trap of objectification, yet Leonard does it incredibly well (for example, in "Opened My Eyes").
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
KjeXXXer

Post by KjeXXXer »

:) How should I have taken it?

My point is that Lenny teaches us to avoid objectification, so assuming that one understands his message, it might be redundant to mention it.
sebmelmoth2003

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

thanks for all your messages of support (if that's what they were :) ).

here's what happened when i typed leonard's name into tastebuds.fm - a meeting-service for music-fans to share their tastes.

http://tastebuds.fm/search?artist_list= ... der_male=0

joining up is necessary to read profiles - haven't done so (yet) but i'm tempted. ;-)
Cate

Post by Cate »

That's a great idea for a dating site - you should join!
even if you don't find a match you might make a friend or two - no harm in that and music is a great conversation starter.
KjeXXXer

Post by KjeXXXer »

No matches in Norway!

Damn shame.

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”