„Leonard Cohen will return to Australia and New Zealand"

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Hartmut

„Leonard Cohen will return to Australia and New Zealand"

Post by Hartmut »

Sydney Morning Herald: „Legendary Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen will return to Australia in November.“

„A show has been booked at Rod Laver Arena on December 14, but extra dates are expected in what may be the 75-year-old's last Australian tour.“

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... -wb0x.html

***The date is not correct! The concert in Melbourne is on November 12 / Jarkko***
sturgess66

Re: „Leonard Cohen will return to Australia in November.“

Post by sturgess66 »

Lucky people! You are blessed. :D
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Great news for our friends down under!

I wonder if it will be preceded by a tour of the Far East?

Wendy
RC

Post by RC »

Unbelievable :lol:

Great news. The Today show on Chanel 9 gave this news this morning and gave great feedback on the last visit as well!
They said tickets on sale next Thursday. Does anyone know which ticket agency?
Richard
Australia
canuck

Post by canuck »

Leonard Cohen to bring back the ballads PATRICK DONOVAN
May 26, 2010

LEGENDARY Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen will return to Australia in November.

His last tour in 2009 was described by many attendees as one of the best shows they had seen. It won the Helpmann Award for the Best International Concert of the year and was voted the second-best tour of the year in The Age EG Awards.

Promoter Michael Gudinski said Cohen was one of the best acts he had toured in 40 years.

''I can't think of a tour that has lived for as long after the shows,'' he said. ''People are still coming up to me and talking about it. Everyone who went will want to go again, and people who were disappointed about missing it will get a chance to see him.''

Gudinski also revealed that Cohen's generosity was the catalyst for the Sound Relief benefit concerts. He said Cohen had played at Rochford Wines in the Yarra Valley a week before Black Saturday and was saddened to hear the fires came within a kilometre of the site. ''He donated $200,000 the next morning, which says a lot about the man, and it made me think about what else could be done.''

A show has been booked at Rod Laver Arena on December 14, but extra dates are expected in what may be the 75-year-old's last Australian tour.

Meanwhile, Empire of the Sun and Temper Trap will battle it out at this year's APRA (Australasian Performing Right Association) Awards. They have been nominated for breakthrough songwriter of the year alongside Jessica Mauboy, Lisa Mitchell and Daniel Merriweather.

Tracks by Empire of the Sun, Temper Trap, Sarah Blasko, Troy Cassar-Daley and Kate Miller-Heidke are up for song of the year. Winners will be announced on June 21.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... -wb0x.html
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

From the Mercury article:

"Tickets officially go on sale from www.ticketmaster.com.au on June 3, but pre-sale tickets will be available from www.frontiertouring.com from noon on Monday."

Looks like it won't be long before we hear what dates are going to fill the gap between Hobart on November 15 and Melbourne on December 14.

Wendy
nosnerfam

Any presale info for Perth, Australia concert 24 Nov?

Post by nosnerfam »

Hi,

Does anyone know of any presale info for the Perth, Australia concert in November? The presale is meant to start in a few hours I think. (Edit: oops in 2 days and a few hours! - my mistake)

Many thanks
Last edited by nosnerfam on Wed May 26, 2010 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SandyW

Australia - Hobart concert - presale tickets

Post by SandyW »

Just heard that there will be concert in Hobart on 15th Nov. Yahoo! How to I qualify for the presale tickets? Do I need to join an official fan club and if what is the link for it? Do you need to have a code/password to buy tickets. I went to his last concert in Melbourne and it was the best concert I've been to and I want to get the best tickets I can for this one. Ta for any help.
ladydi

Re: Australia - Hobart concert - presale tickets

Post by ladydi »

Hi Sandy,

Well....you, in your first post, have brought the rest of the Forum wonderful information that is "BREAKING NEWS"!!! Perhaps this is the start of the Far East tour this fall!

Hobart... November... wow! Don't fret. Any presale is probably a few months away but you've taken the first step by joining the Forum. That's all you need for any presale. If there is a presale, Jarkko (our high priest of Cohendom ;-) ) will provide everyone with a password on this forum prior to any sale. Stay with us and keep checking. Sometimes these presales happen immediately, but we're happy to have you on board!

Thank you Sandy! I think you may have just made many fans very very happy. :D :D

All the best,
Diana

edit: Sandy..keep an eye on the forum VERY closely. Presale may be soon...very soon!
ladydi

Re: Any presale info for Perth, Australia concert 24 Nov?

Post by ladydi »

Hey Greg,

Have you heard anything about this? Will send you message on FB.

Thank you SOOO much nosnerfam...seems things in Australia are happening quickly!
itsglenn

Leonard Cohen Australia/New Zealand Tour Dates - Oct/Nov '10

Post by itsglenn »

From the Tour Promoter's website:

29/10/10 – Vector Arena - Auckland (NZ)

31/10/10 – TSB Bank Arena - Wellington (NZ)

3/11/10 - Westpac Arena – Christchurch (NZ)

6/11/10 – Brisbane Entertainment Centre – Brisbane (Aus)

8/11/10 – Acer Arena – Sydney (Aus)

12/11/10 – Rod Laver Arena – Melbourne (Aus)

15/11/10 – Derwent Entertainment Centre – Darwin (Aus)

18/11/10 - Adelaide Entertainment Centre – Adelaide (Aus)

24/11/10 – ME Stadium - Perth (Aus)

http://www.frontiertouring.com/index.ph ... onardcohen&
SandyW

Re: Australia - Hobart concert - presale tickets

Post by SandyW »

Hi, I just checked the dates to make sure I hadn't misread them - they are: Fan Club pre-sales from Friday May 28, 10am. Frontier pre-sales from Monday May 31, 10am. Ticketmaster Pre-sales from June 6, 10am. General Public tickets on sale Thursday 3 June 2010.
So Fan Club sales open in only two days!! Will there be info provided on this forum to be able to access the Fan Club tickets. I read in one of the posts about 'Fan Club' membership costing $30 but could find info about 'joining' ?? I don't mind joining a club or paying $30 if it means getting better tickets but I'm hoping this isn't necessary. I'm completely confused by the different categories and how to qualify for them. What is a 'Frontier' presale? (Ticketmaster is the distributor here so I know I qualify for that one.) Any help regarding the Fan Club membership would be welcomed. ta
graham.putt

Post by graham.putt »

oh happy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday 28 to work out my plans? Buy now work out later I think...
If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
They will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem

Sydney Jan 09, Las Vegas Nov 09, San Jose Nov 09, Auck Oct 10, Wgtn Nov 10, Chch Nov 10, Syd Nov 10, Auck Dec 13
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have not yet received any presale info from AEG. Frontier Touring had emailed the press release during my night.
I am sure we will hear the details today or tomorrow.
IF there is a Fan Club member presale, people registered to this Forum will qualify (and nobody else)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “The World Tour 2010”