You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan If …

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
afanghanel

Re: You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan If …

Post by afanghanel »

Paul Z and other afflicted types: I humbly offer my services in this study as your sociologist as I am currently engaged with similar toil on exclusion and disability... and am much more motivated to do this. hence why i am here and not, sadly for my deadline, chained to my typewriter*!

*not really but you get the idea...
2008: Manchester, London 02, London RAH x 2, 2009: Weybridge, Belgrade, San Jose, 2010: ...
Rain

Post by Rain »

DrHGuy wrote: Gracious, now we not only have case studies, but also likely epidemic vectors, genetic markers, documented cross-cultural and intergenerational transmission, immunologic indicators, ...

And it just occurred to me that it might be possible to identify Judy Collins as a cofactor in the initial outbreak. Then there is the Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat Epidemic of 1986.

Yep, I think we're talking major NIH grant.
I agree. Judy Collins started the whole thing. (Thank G-d) It's all her fault. She's like that dude who introduced the Africanized honeybee...now look what we got! I'm now realizing the contagiousness of this epidemic. I walked into a bookstore here in KY, 2 weeks ago, and the young man behind the counter looked at the Dear Heather CD I was purchasing and I thought he was going to start crying (tears of joy). He couldn't have been 18, and he passionately cried "Oh, do you like him? Isn't he phenomenal?" Poor kid. It strikes the young hard.........intergenerational transmission :shock:
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

afanghanel wrote:Paul Z and other afflicted types: I humbly offer my services in this study as your sociologist as I am currently engaged with similar toil on exclusion and disability... and am much more motivated to do this. hence why i am here and not, sadly for my deadline, chained to my typewriter*!

*not really but you get the idea...

or in my case manacled to the Macbook! .. in that rather reluctant way that the English have I was volunteering myself ... beats social exclusion any day ... but I am sure if there is one psychologist (Allan) we need more sociologists!!!
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
sallyp

Post by sallyp »

What's all this talk of disorders and afflictions - all this is NORMAL - isn't it? :?
SallyP

Weybridge 2010
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

sallyp wrote:What's all this talk of disorders and afflictions - all this is NORMAL - isn't it? :?
Of course it is! So we tell ourselves :lol:
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You may be a Leonard Cohen Fan If you begin trying to negotiate on the sale of his childhood home. Time will tell who surfaces on that.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
B4real

Post by B4real »

lizzytysh wrote:You may be a Leonard Cohen Fan If you begin trying to negotiate on the sale of his childhood home. Time will tell who surfaces on that.
Well Lizzy,
That was supposed to be a secret negotiation and now you've gone and blown my cover :razz:
Good news is you are all invited to the house warming :lol:
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: Well, I know that at one point awhile back, when it was thought that Leonard's house on Hydra was for sale, a number of folks here considered going in on it together, akin to timeshares, for both individual and group 'stays' at 'the house.' So, who are your partners, dear ;-) ?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

For my one night in Dublin (enroute to Sligo), I actually considered requesting Leonard's room at the Gresham Hotel. But then realized HOW VERY WEIRD I would sound to the booking clerk..... :roll: :roll:
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

ladydi wrote:For my one night in Dublin (enroute to Sligo), I actually considered requesting Leonard's room at the Gresham Hotel. But then realized HOW VERY WEIRD I would sound to the booking clerk..... :roll: :roll:
Unless, of course, the booking clerk is one of us!
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

ladydi wrote:For my one night in Dublin (enroute to Sligo), I actually considered requesting Leonard's room at the Gresham Hotel. But then realized HOW VERY WEIRD I would sound to the booking clerk..... :roll: :roll:
No more weird than you must have sounded to the hotel clerk in Detroit when you tried to retrieve Dino's forgotten socks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13616&start=195#p206676

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Rain

Post by Rain »

You might be a Leonard Cohen fan if you GET HELD AT THE CANADIAN BORDER, by the border guard, who says to you (This is the absolute truth) "I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm having trouble believing that you would drive all the way from Kentucky, just to see a Leonard Cohen exhibit. Would you mind pulling over?"

I'M NOT KIDDING. This happened. My husband and I were trying so hard not to laugh. We must've looked really seedy.......anyway, after some background checks and SEARCHING OUR CAR, (for Cohen contraband of some sort, I guess) they let us into Canada.
On the bright side, we had a perfect trip, just didn't get to stay long enough, but we're going to go back. Montreal was amazing...I've never seen so many good-looking people gathered in one place. Rue St. Catherine at noon-time, the energy is palpable.

I wrote in the guest book at the exhibit: Mr. Cohen, please come to Kentucky. We have to come a long way to see you.........etc.
It was silly, but if he came down to Lexington or Louisville, he would sell out, no question.
Still on Cloud 9, maybe 10...
---Rain
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Rain,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was too, too funny. Alan's got to find a way to incorporate this 'Cohen Border Police' episode in his list. Are they all on the lookout now for us crazy Cohenites :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

lizzytysh wrote:You may be a Leonard Cohen Fan If you begin trying to negotiate on the sale of his childhood home. Time will tell who surfaces on that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now Lizzy, we found out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imight have had a quick look myself ... :oops:

Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

bridger15 wrote:
No more weird than you must have sounded to the hotel clerk in Detroit when you tried to retrieve Dino's forgotten socks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13616&start=195#p206676

---Arlene
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Can we hear more about this, Diana? Would this have been the beginning of the secret connections? :shock:

Why do I never get such a chance? ;-)
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.

Return to “Comments & Questions”