What is going to happen on 10th of August 2010?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
pironi

What is going to happen on 10th of August 2010?

Post by pironi »

I repeat my recent question. When does the curtain go up?
Pietro.
I think I see a pattern here, a concert every 2nd day:
Malm 4th
Oslo 6th
Stockholm 8th
Gothenburgh 12th
Odense 14th

I wonder what's coming for 10th and 16th?
Pietro.
Cate

Re: What is going to happen on 10th of August 2010?

Post by Cate »

I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on a concert - but I hope he sight-sees or goes to cafe or visits with friends instead.
TheSpice-BoxOfEarth

Post by TheSpice-BoxOfEarth »

They mentioned at the newscast of Suomi TV that LC is going to play a concert in Helsinki then! :D :D
And also here:
http://www.rumba.fi/pokerinaamat-areena ... meen-6248/
Pokerinaamat areenalla: Lady Gaga ja Leonard Cohen Suomeen
14:22 - 15.04.2010 Kirjoittanut: Rumba
syksyllä saamme kuultavaksi sekä hermafrodiittipoppia että vanhan miehen mörinää.
Suomi-soffa, anteeksi, SuomiTV tietää uutisoida, että Lady Gaga ja Leonard Cohen esiintyvät kumpainenkin syksyllä Helsingissä areenalla, joka on saanut nimensä erään virvoitusjuomatehtaan mukaan. Valitettavasti ajan- ja tilanpuutteen vuoksi joudumme jättämään tässä kohtaa yhtiön nimen mainitsematta. Tiettävästi eli arvatenkin kyseessä ei ole kimppakeikka.

Cohen, 75, esiintyi Suomessa viimeksi syksyllä 2008. Lady Gagan ensivisiitti koettiin Helsingin Kulttuuritalossa heinäkuussa 2009.

SuomiTV:n uutisesta on tulkittavissa, että Cohenin konsertti on elokuun puolivälissä. Lipunmyynti konsertteihin alkaa tuon yhdysvaltalaisomisteisen kristillisiä arvoja noudattavan kanavan mukaan ”todennäköisesti vielä huhtikuun aikana”.
A cross on every hill
A star, a minaret
So many graves to fill
O love, aren’t you tired yet?

- The Faith, Leonard Cohen
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Viivi.

That is SOOOO wonderful for you and all the other fans in Finland! I look forward so much to your reviews. What an awesome moment!

Diana
BlizzardofIce

Post by BlizzardofIce »

My finnish is bad, so i might be wrong, but does this say that Leonard Cohen and Lady Gaga will be performing together?
It also says that lady gaga will be dressing up Loenard Cohen for that evening, after what I can translate.
she will also be dressing javier solana, for the rest of the tour.
There are many ways a man can serve his time
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The text in the Rumba magazine is written in a humorous way, and it says that "probably they will NOT have a shared concert". Nothing about the clothing. The magazine describes the concerts as "hermafrodite pop" and "growling of an old man". Both concerts are said to happen in August at an arena that has a name of a soft drink factory. The text is copied from the entertainment news of our newest TV channel TV Suomi. I didn't see the broadcast myself but have received several emails from Finnish fans who saw it. - I cannot confirm the rumour.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

So, Jarkko, you're ready for Lady Gaga after the Krakow Event? 8)
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

jarkko wrote: The magazine describes the concerts as "hermafrodite pop" and "growling of an old man".
Are we sure which is which? Incidentally, I sort of understood that Javier Solana might be looking for a new job since he is no longer EU head of foreign affairs (or whatever it was) but taking Javier Mas' place in the band is a big step. I wonder what position 'our' Javier will take with the European Commission :-)
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
Stamatina

Post by Stamatina »

TheSpice-BoxOfEarth wrote:They mentioned at the newscast of Suomi TV that LC is going to play a concert in Helsinki then! :D :D
And also here:
http://www.rumba.fi/pokerinaamat-areena ... meen-6248/
Pokerinaamat areenalla: Lady Gaga ja Leonard Cohen Suomeen
14:22 - 15.04.2010 Kirjoittanut: Rumba
syksyllä saamme kuultavaksi sekä hermafrodiittipoppia että vanhan miehen mörinää.
Suomi-soffa, anteeksi, SuomiTV tietää uutisoida, että Lady Gaga ja Leonard Cohen esiintyvät kumpainenkin syksyllä Helsingissä areenalla, joka on saanut nimensä erään virvoitusjuomatehtaan mukaan. Valitettavasti ajan- ja tilanpuutteen vuoksi joudumme jättämään tässä kohtaa yhtiön nimen mainitsematta. Tiettävästi eli arvatenkin kyseessä ei ole kimppakeikka.

Cohen, 75, esiintyi Suomessa viimeksi syksyllä 2008. Lady Gagan ensivisiitti koettiin Helsingin Kulttuuritalossa heinäkuussa 2009.

SuomiTV:n uutisesta on tulkittavissa, että Cohenin konsertti on elokuun puolivälissä. Lipunmyynti konsertteihin alkaa tuon yhdysvaltalaisomisteisen kristillisiä arvoja noudattavan kanavan mukaan ”todennäköisesti vielä huhtikuun aikana”.

I was SURE something like this would happen as soon as I saw Sweden on the list. Lucky, lucky, lucky you if you manage to see him! :D
"Oh chosen love, Oh frozen love
Oh tangle of matter and ghost
Oh darling of angels, demons and saints
And the whole broken-hearted host
Gentle this soul..."
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

tomsakic wrote:So, Jarkko, you're ready for Lady Gaga after the Krakow Event? 8)
Jarkko is a bold man - he is even ready for Lady Gaga instead of the Event :lol:
reverandH

Post by reverandH »

Well, at least the other part of that news is now confirmed(gaga). Let's hope that LC will be confirmed as well!
Waiting for the miracle... ...and the miracle came.
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

Congratulations Jarkko and Viivi and all Finnish fans!

I have learned to read between the lines, that you did not confirm the concert in Helsinki, but you did not decline it either ;-) ;-)

I am happy on your behalf!

Amrei :D
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”