Presale to Stockholm, Malmo, Gothenburg

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
lightasabreeze

Re: PRESALE TO STOCKHOLM, MALMÖ, GOTHENBURG

Post by lightasabreeze »

globaljuggler wrote:Wow, so there might be a God after all.
Maybe.. I'll agree with you if he comes to UK
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
goldstei

Re: PRESALE TO STOCKHOLM, MALMÖ, GOTHENBURG APR 15!!! NEW DATE!!

Post by goldstei »

R U referring to God or Leonard (or it is sacrilegious, on this site, to suggest there might be a difference?).

Molly, take long, deep breaths! This too shall pass. By the way, other threads indicate Salzburg is on tap, but that is east of Oslo, so there must be another place further west where HE shall pass.
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

I just went on the ticnet site and pretended I was buying a Rod Stewart ticket in Malmo (please don't ban me from the forum :) ) I was redirected to billetnet.dk. I got to the point of entering my credit card and it seemed like it would accept international Visa and Mastercard (only Danish Amex). I only tried to buy one ticket so I'm not sure if there is a limit. I have now set up an account on this site as well as the Swedish one.

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
ylva

Post by ylva »

Hi! Does anyone know if Ticnet will be selling the tickets for Scandinavia tomorrow? As of now there is no informationabout any Cohen concerts on their website. I HAVE to get tickets for this concert.
bkmccalla

Post by bkmccalla »

YAY, mary and bob and all the other trailblazers!!! this is getting stressful!

good luck to everyone on getting their tickets.
1970, 1983, 1988, 1993/Lyon July 9/Bruges July 10/Amsterdam July 12/Lisbon July 19/Nice July 22/Lucca July 27/Rome July 28/Athens July 30/Beacon February 19/Oakland April 13, 14, 15/Kingston May 22/London May 24/Ottawa May 25, 26/Red Rocks June 4/Las Vegas November 12/San Jose November 13/Las Vegas December 2011 x2/San Jose November 2012/Oakland March 2, 3 2013...i've obviously lost my mind...
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Hey Bonnie, they should be GIVING you tickets. Actually, you should be the one SELLING them to us!
Bob from the London, ON concert.
bkmccalla

Post by bkmccalla »

hey bob! that's one of the nicest things anybody ever said to me in my whole life!!!!!

i will pass it along to robert kory!!!! ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you tell i'm excited?

xoxo

good luck on the presale!! how many shows are you going to? it will be GREAT to see you again!!!
1970, 1983, 1988, 1993/Lyon July 9/Bruges July 10/Amsterdam July 12/Lisbon July 19/Nice July 22/Lucca July 27/Rome July 28/Athens July 30/Beacon February 19/Oakland April 13, 14, 15/Kingston May 22/London May 24/Ottawa May 25, 26/Red Rocks June 4/Las Vegas November 12/San Jose November 13/Las Vegas December 2011 x2/San Jose November 2012/Oakland March 2, 3 2013...i've obviously lost my mind...
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

well, bonnie, i WAS going to krakow. . . now hoping for malmo, oslo, stockholm tho it means scratching krakow entirely, the original reason for my trip . . . i guess if LC won't come to me i'll have to go to him! (tho if he ever collects any $ from his former accountant i would like a contribution towards my bankruptcy expenses. . . at least i had no job to give up, being indigent at both the start and end of things!

look forward to c-ing u at 1 or more concerts, bonnie.
Bob
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

I hate to see people pulling out of the Krakow event for concerts. Isn't is possible to go to a concert before and after? That is what I am doing. I think the event will be such a great opportunity for us as a community to get know each other better plus we will definitely have something to talk about! Also the organizers have gone to a lot of trouble for this and I would hate to see people not come because of concert scheduling that the event organizers had no knowledge of while they were planning this event.

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

some of us tried to urge this same idea on Leonard, but apparently he wouldn't go for it. i'm coming from the u.s. and there's just a limit to one's time and money (i came to france in march for the concerts and . . . ).

no one could be more disappointed than i that i can't do both.
bob g.
bkmccalla

Post by bkmccalla »

hey marsha, hey bob,

yeah, marsha, i was conflicted about it myself but i decided to go to krakow for the exact reasons you mention. and a concert before and some after. are you going to goteborg and odense?

but, that being said, i was really torn for the same reasons bob was. part of me would rather see leonard more than anything, but i too want to meet all those wonderful fellow forum folks i've been reading about for so long. i was really conflicted and krakow won out because of people like you, marsha. and mary/mollydog and all the others who will be there.

i had to make my decision today between oslo and stockholm and the krakow event because of the presales. it's been a crazy, stressful day.

not to mention trying to figure out how to pay for it all!

good luck to one and all on the presales!
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Mollydog wrote:I just went on the ticnet site and pretended I was buying a Rod Stewart ticket in Malmo (please don't ban me from the forum :) ) I was redirected to billetnet.dk. I got to the point of entering my credit card and it seemed like it would accept international Visa and Mastercard (only Danish Amex). I only tried to buy one ticket so I'm not sure if there is a limit. I have now set up an account on this site as well as the Swedish one.

Mary
Thanks for the info, Mary. I just set up an account on the Swedish site for midnight tonight, California time for the Gothenburg pre-sale.

ticnet.se is a Ticketmaster company so it felt like old times. Actually one year ago this month, both San Diego and LA Nokia. What fabulous memories.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
bridger15

Re: GOTHENBURG APR 15!!! NEW DATE!!

Post by bridger15 »

GOT EVENT is advertising the LC concert at Gothenburg's Scandinavium Arena on August 12. Tickets sales open on April 19.
http://62.88.129.99/gotEventExtern/?sel ... da&id=1290
Seating plan: http://62.88.129.99/gotEventExtern/aren ... LCohen.pdf

Ticket prices are 615-940 SEK = 85.95-131.38 USD

Here is the glowing promo on the ticket site (Google Translate):
Now is your chance again to experience the 76-year-old Cohen live. Do not miss it!

Last Leonard Cohen Scandinavium was visited in October 2008 when more than 7 000 people enjoyed his unforgettable classics as "Suzanne," "Everybody Knows", "Hallelujah" and "Who By Fire". "It is poetry of the highest carat, great music and a wonderful show", Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet reviewed the last gig.

There is no daring guess that the overwhelming reception last tour lit a spark in Cohen again - feel the heat at last year's live album "Live in London" if you have doubts - and the gigs he does in his 76th year of life can be some of the strongest over a nearly half-year music career. The Cohen who meets us on stage today reminds elegantly about how these songs of love's possibility and impossibility are talking both to himself and to us enchanted listeners.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

For those who are making plans for Krakow and concerts - or hesitate between them. There is still one concert not yet announced (and not 100% confirmed!). It's listed between Stockholm (Aug 8) and Gothenburg (Aug 12). It's not in Sweden.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Jarkko (as I wait for 3 a.m. in the U.S. for the presale), earlier I think you posted that all the early August concerts would be in Scandinavia. Might that have changed? Might this mysterious unconfirmed concert be slated for a country SOUTH of Scandinavia, for example, one which begins with the letter "P"? or can you toss out any other clue(s)?

A Finnish thank you to finish, sir!

Return to “The World Tour 2010”