Message of good Wishes

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
surrender

Re: Message of good Wishes

Post by surrender »

Pe,
I enjoyed your "Get well soon, dear Leonard" very much.
My compliments on the manner you are fulfilling your job.
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Leonard,
If you ever read these messages you will know how much we love you and wish you well. You will also get a lot of advice, but do whatever feels right for you, you know best !
I am treating my concert withdrawal symptoms with your songs, poems, books by you and about you - as many of them as I can get my hands on, thanks to Amazon and AbeBooks, and trying to master your fingering for "Bird on the Wire" from your gorgeous first songbook. Can't imagine why you are so humble about your guitar playing ! ;-) :!:
Finally, I agree with carlowmike, it is YOU we want to hear at concerts. One exception, though; the Dublin audience on July 22nd, which had listened intently all night, joining in so splendidly with you and the band for "Marianne", and being rewarded by your "Ah, you sing so pretty !" Now that I will NEVER forget.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
Moonlover7

Post by Moonlover7 »

Dear Leonard,

So sorry about your injury. All the way across the Atlantic, from that small country right on the edge, called Portugal, I wish you a speedy recovery.
Meawhile enjoy all the pampering that goes with the unexpected rest. ;-)

Gentle Hug
Moonlover
jenrbr

Post by jenrbr »

Oy, I realize I am a few days late since the injury.
I only heard of it today.
Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.
May those in whose care you are entrusted, be gifted with wisdom ,skill, love and trust.
Refuah Shleima!
kol tov Jen
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Monsieur Cohen
I am sure you are getting a lot of TLC which you deserve. Wishing you a prompt recovery and look forward to the Lille concert
Victorine
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Leonard ~

May you be doing better every day. My experiences with physical therapy convinced me the therapists just didn't like me, when I had clearly told them I could not do as they were asking, and still they insisted... and made me try against my will. It seems you will not react as I did. You already have many years with Roshi tapping you with his stick and you know how much he loves you. Perhaps, during this down time, you'll have opportunities to spend some more valued time with him and his healing spirit.

You have the spiritual strength to get you through these physical days. You set a high standard... the gold and platinum standard... for all of us. Be well, my friend. I love you.

Love,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

Dear Leonard,

we also wish you a speedy recovery and all the best from the other side of the globe, where we so much hope to be able to see you soon again. (But as much as we hope - don´t forget for all of us your well-being is much more important than another concert ... we are so grateful for everything, we already had!)

Many thoughts and good wishes from Singapore, Amrei, Tage, Kristina, Marius and Stella Sophia
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.

Return to “News”