A Note from Robert Kory

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MarieM

A Note from Robert Kory

Post by MarieM »

We appreciate the patience and good will of Leonard's fans all over the world as Leonard heals and we reschedule tour dates. Leonard is healing rapidly and we expect to announce additional dates in Europe for this summer and dates in the Far East to be played later in the year.

That said, we ask for a little patience as we modify plans that we had been about to announce. Rescheduling the year will take some time. Most importantly, we anticipate Leonard's 100% recovery because we have been prudent in allowing time for a modest injury to heal and avoiding risk of additional stress that could aggravate the injury and prolong healing. We will announce our new plans as soon as possible.

Robert B. Kory
Marie
Speaking Cohen
tomsakic

Re: A Note from Robert Kory

Post by tomsakic »

I received this answer from Mr. Kory when I asked about the Zagreb date!
I understand that the fans in Croatia may wonder why all the other dates from the March tour have been rescheduled and Zagreb is not mentioned. Rest assured, we have not forgotten our wonderful fans in Croatia. We are working on finding a date and we ask only for modest patience.
Sometimes, I think that fans do not appreciate the challenges of booking a tour. We have to take into account availability of venues in all the cities as well as travel times between cities, and then add to that, the preferences of local promoters as to which days are best in their communities. That said, we will reschedule the Zagreb date with ample time for the fans to make arrangements.
Robert Kory, menadžer Leonarda Cohena, za http://www.leonardcohencroatia.com
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The ticket links are now back in the separate announcement! We will get information about the March tickets. In principle, these tickets will be honored on the new date without changes; refunds will be available if the date is inconvenient. Every venue will let us know what ticket holders should do.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

Okey doke cheers Jarkko for the update - I'll keep an eye out for what the Grenoble venue plans to do. Other than that I'll be going in September and simply wish Leonard well with his back injury recovery - I'd rather see him 6 months later and know he is completely ok to tour.
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
commonweal

Post by commonweal »

I have a ticket for Lille and have today received an email from Gerard Drouot Productions stating that tickets for the March shows in France will be valid for the rearranged September dates. The email does not appear to say anything about procedures for refunds and the like. The email is in French and my language skills are poor, so I may have misunderstood. It seems we are being led to believe that info re refunds and the like will come from each venue. Apologies if this is old news: I thought it might be worth posting.

Thanks all.
confetti

Post by confetti »

Robert Kory is a gentleman.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

Thank you Robert , and again thanks to Jarrko,
my fingers are still crossed for Dublin or Carlow concert in 2010,
Best Wishes to Leonard for a complete recovery.
My offer of "Poteen" still stands, mick.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Marie,
Thank you for sharing this note from Robert Kory it is encouraging to hear such news in regard to Leonard and for the future of the tour. My first concern of course is for Leonard and his health. I would rather have our Leonard completely healed above all. He has given so much of himself over the years it is now time for us to give back to Leonard with our patience and continued good wishes for a full recovery. We will be here when he returns...
donalagata
drsing

Post by drsing »

confetti wrote:Robert Kory is a gentleman.
I agree with that,
Thanks mr Kory, from the Netherlands
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
maltmom

Post by maltmom »

I second that. He truly cares about our Leonard (that really came out at the Chelsea Plaque ceremony) where I was lucky enough to chat with him for a few moments and got him to sign my concert book. And it is obvious he keeps abreast of Leonard's fans here at the forum and is concerned about us. Thank you Jarkko, Marie, et al. for being here. Leonard, heed the doctor's orders...we all need you!
Lorraine
NYC-MSG – 2012, Las Vegas -2010, MSG - 2009, Philadelphia - 2009, Philadelphia – 1993, Philadelphia – 1988, Philadelphia – 1985, Philadelphia-Main Point - 1975
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

I would second that as well. I was fortunate to meet Robert Kory at the Plaque Celebration in New York, as well as at the party at the Fairrmont after the show in San Jose. He is very much a "good guy". He answered my questions very humbly. In New York, I asked about Leonard's grueling schedule and he assured me with rest and excercise Leonard could go on to his eighties! Remnds me of Leonard's comment that he hoped he was in as good shape as Alberta Hunter when she was 82. We all hope he will , albeit with a bunp or two along the way!
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
NelisWillers

Post by NelisWillers »

A huge disappointment!

First let me state I wish Mr Cohen a speedy and complete return of this health.

We are from South Africa - My wife's life dream is to see Mr Cohen perform in person. I bought tickets for the performance in Lille on March 3, as a surprise for my wife. Airline tickets bought, hotel room, everything is already paid.

Sadly, because of cost, my wife might now never see Mr Cohen perform. Unless he maybe can visit South Africa? Just for one performance, please?

Or maybe he can visit South Africa as part of his recovery programme? We would love to receive him in our lovely county!

Nelis
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

NelisWillers wrote:A huge disappointment!

First let me state I wish Mr Cohen a speedy and complete return of this health.

We are from South Africa - My wife's life dream is to see Mr Cohen perform in person. I bought tickets for the performance in Lille on March 3, as a surprise for my wife. Airline tickets bought, hotel room, everything is already paid.

Sadly, because of cost, my wife might now never see Mr Cohen perform. Unless he maybe can visit South Africa? Just for one performance, please?

Or maybe he can visit South Africa as part of his recovery programme? We would love to receive him in our lovely county!

Nelis

Hi Nelis,

I am really sorry for you and your wife and I can perfectly well understand, that you must be so disappointed, being so close to your once in a lifetime chance and then loose it.
I am not so rich that I can buy you new tickets, but if you somehow can make it to Europe or to Singapore (if there will be a concert there --- and Far East is announced :razz:) , I can try to arrange for private accomodation either at our place or with our friends, so you at least can spare the hotel costs.

Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
confetti

Post by confetti »

have you had a look at the interview with Javier Mas thread?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20503
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
TrishBuckland

Post by TrishBuckland »

II'm new to the forum so please excuse if I've posted in the wrong place! We, too, have had an email informing us of rescheduled dates. We have tickets to see this wonderful man on 1st March at Caen. With fingers crossed I'm hoping that this one is going ahead - can anyone confirm for me that's correct? I certainly don't want to start cancelling travel and hotel arrangements if there's any chance that Mr Cohen will be well enough to perform. Many thanks if anyone can help.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”