LEONARD RESCHEDULES EUROPEAN PERFORMANCES DUE TO INJURY

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Rain

Re: LEONARD RESCHEDULES EUROPEAN PERFORMANCES DUE TO INJURY

Post by Rain »

[quote="Evie B"] If you find yourself in need of chicken soup, post a request on here and there will be legions of Jewish ladies with tried and tested family recipies to hand who can oblige. Sadly, my only offering could be Heinz variety, not being Jewish I lack the necessary genes to be able to come up with the goods.

I'm part Jewish, does that count? Mr. Cohen, you are giving me an ulcer! :shock: Take care of yourself for G-d's sake! Seriously, rest and recup and we'll all come over to your house, as sisters of mercy, bearing chicken soup and BIO-FREEZE, which is kind of like Icy Hot on steroids (it's good stuff, your doc or chiropractor should have it) I can sympathize and EMPATHIZE, because after years of riding horses and lifting things I shouldn't, I'm now paying for it.....

Please take a break..........

Rain
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

MarieM wrote:I just added a note a from Robert Kory to the original announcement (the first post in this thread). It is also in the World Tour 2010 section.
Marie! Thank you SO much for posting the further information from Robert! What exciting news for all of Leonard's fans, but most of all the news that he is healing rapidly! :D

I, for one, will be breathless with anticipation! From :( to :D in 24 hours!

The Forum will be running wild with speculation again...but this time all good!
remote1

Post by remote1 »

MaryB wrote: (P.S. I sure what like to know what the specific exercise was that caused the injury so that I can avoid it :roll: )
Well, according to this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lLvAyJt ... re=related, at 4.50, Roshi encouraged Leonard to take tennis lessons...
Here's a possibility? But I don't expect we will ever know which sport caused his injury... and I don't suppose it matters all that much after all... :razz:

All best
Remote1
"We are so lightly here"
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Lower back pain?...I think someone must have tied Leonard too tightly to the kitchen chair! But seriously (according to Louise Hay's "You Can Heal Your Life"), I believe that lower back pain is related to concerns over financial problems. Since Leonard presumably doesn't have such worries anymore, I'm told that it could be supressed anger over such things coming to the surface (regardless of what outer event caused the problem). Anyway, I wish Leonard a speedy recovery and a well-earned rest. I also hope that I may now get to see him on stage again, in the autumn.

All good things, John E
Last edited by John Etherington on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
remote1

Post by remote1 »

MarieM wrote:I just added a note a from Robert Kory to the original announcement (the first post in this thread). It is also in the World Tour 2010 section.
Many thanks MarieM!Exciting news!

Could you ask Robert Kory if they've been looking at our threads on the World Tour 2010 section, namely 'The UK is calling...', 'Leonard for Ireland?' and 'To the 2010 World Tour organizers: Cities Wish List'?

Only kidding, don't worry! :lol:
"We are so lightly here"
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

Wishing Len a speedy recovery, I don't mind the 6 month wait til Grenoble as he is more than worth it - just take care of yourself Len :)
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
crystal

Post by crystal »

Now that the links are back I went ahead and bought Marseille tickets even though the date says still March 7th.
I had to try for some time both gdp and fnac before parterre seats were offered. Although I can't quite figure out where the seats are I bought them.
Now I am quite excited and looking very much forward to September.
By the way: To the rescheduling people - Berlins is also waiting! We would gladly provide backrubs and massages. i would personally oversee the procedures.
Have a nice evening, Christel
lightning

Post by lightning »

I read somewhere that the two main reason people visit a doctor are 1. Fatigue, 2.Lower back problems, so it's a very common complaint and part of the price we pay for walking upright.
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Wow, what a relief. :D
Thank you Mariem for keeping us posted.

All best wishes for a speedy recovery Mr.Cohen.

Oh, what a beautiful Summer :razz: In August The big Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow.We are looking forward to meet the members from this forum :D
And in Summer one or more Concerts.............A dream 8) Vienna or Salzburg 8)
And the 13.October ist painted red for Bratislava. :D

Marina
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Ah, Salzburg....one of my favourite cities! That would be one not to miss... But, I think that may only be a dream.

Perhaps IrishMar will get her wish after all (Dublin)! You would have thought she was campaigning for the Olympics ;-)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Whew!! I'm so glad that Leonard's okay, and that it's nothing serious. I thought he looked to be moving a little gingerly at the Grammy award thing (compared to his sprightly self at his concerts), so I was a tiny bit worried until I heard the news.

Take it easy, Mr. Cohen! We'll see you when you're ready!
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Yes, Salzburg A dream :D
marina
commonweal

Post by commonweal »

I have a ticket for Lille and have today received an email from Gerard Drouot Productions stating that tickets for the March shows in France will be valid for the rearranged September dates. The email does not appear to say anything about procedures for refunds and the like. The email is in French and my language skills are poor, so I may have misunderstood. It seems we are being led to believe that info re refunds and the like will come from each venue. Apologies if this is old news: I thought it might be worth posting.

Thanks all.
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Just today I read in the Slovak daily SME that Leonard will culminate in a concert in Moscow. A Bratislava nowhere, so I do not know now! In Slovakia, some journalists do not know, the information processed exactly .

Writen on nine concerts:

Leonard Cohen is injured. Come to Bratislava on a half years later

LOS ANGELES. Canadian songwriter Leonard Cohen postponed for half a year European tour, in which the 13th had March stop in Bratislava. It happened on the advice of doctors 75-year-old artist after you exercise to cause injury to the back area.

Sources close to the living legend of music scene reported that doctors recommended a four-artist to a six-month rehabilitation regime following the example of injured athletes.

The recent award of the prestigious Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, where Leonard Cohen received little turntable small for Lifetime Achievement, showed no signs of injury.

Under the new schedule would tour, which should be part of a total of nine concerts, had to start 15th in french Caen September and the climax in Moscow on 7th October.

Leonard Cohen will return to concert stages following the 15-year break in May 2008 and has since played 191 concerts, including appearances in a successful Special Incheba 28th August 2009.

Saturday 6th. 2. 2010 12:49
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Leonka

Look on the side from Jarkkos Schedule with tickets link

Bratislava 13.Ocotber 2010 ............... :razz:

marina

Return to “News”