Leonard, don't do France

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
goldstei

Re: Leonard, don't do France

Post by goldstei »

haven't the slightest idea of what all this soccer/football stuff is all about (like most Americans, I have not a clue in general as to what the sport is about either), but

nice to see your postings, Trish

since Philly, saw our man in NYC, St. Louis & Kansas City and, as I recall, we'll both be at some of the French concerts (I'm going to Caen, Lille and Strasbourg and then will formally file my bankruptcy papers while singing "I've got you like a habit and my checkbook's not near enuf")

sounds like things went well in Australia, Anne, yes?

I've met the woman I've been looking for 62 years in recent weeks and know that without all of our common's friend's wisdom somehow percolating in my brain and body I never would have attracted such a fine lady. I also owe one to Bruce Springsteen, who gave an amazing concert in Cleveland which I caught on the way back from LC in Kansas City. In an awesome song entitled "Back in Your Arms Again," he taught me that sometimes, when you've found the right person, you have to got on your knees and beg, and that it will work, if, as Bruce preaches, "you really mean it."
trish

Post by trish »

Hi Bob, yes good to talk to you here and yes I will see you again en France! Looking forward to it! Nice that we can continue to feed the habit for the next couple of months... Delighted to hear your personal news. I hope the lady in question is a Cohenite - if not I am sure she will be converted soon enough :)
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Hi Trish,

let's just say that when I sing to her she doesn't protest too much.

my lead courting song is:

I'm achin' for you baby
and I can't pretend i'm not...

i've got you like a habit
and i'll never get enuf...

She's a singer herself: jazz/blues, with an amazing voice. And she's already read some of my books!! I could never even get past girlfriends to look at them, tho that's what my life has focused on.

Bob
trish

Post by trish »

Ah Bob, that's brilliant. Delighted for you. What a perfect end to a perfect year - nice to be going into 2010 smitten AND facing some more concerts. She sounds great :)
efc

Post by efc »

trish wrote:Hi Rob

Thanks for that, glad to see we are all just having fun here.
Even better to deal with substance also
efc

Post by efc »

Womanfromaroom wrote:Rob,

I am not Irish, so it is obvious that it is not true that me and my "ilk wouldn't have been all that upset if the same thing had happened the other way round" - I would! However, I don't like blunt injustice, admittedly least of all if the "major" football nations are favoured by it; I would not have felt good about this even if Germany had profited by it. And with far-reaching consequences as this time, well, I just think that rules should be re-considered and a replay in these obvious cases made possible, otherwise, we do not have to be that surprised that there is corruption in sports...
I missed this last time I posted. "ilk" was a reference to the Irish contingent only
sebmelmoth2003

nicholas baines - prayers - world cup

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

bishop baines has previously outed himself as a L.C. fan - he appeared in documentary discussed in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12635

It is surprising what grabs the attention of the media. Yesterday the Church of England published our prayers for the World Cup. Today I have done a pile of radio interviews and have more booked for tomorrow....

http://nickbaines.wordpress.com/2010/05 ... world-cup/
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Revenge is the Lord's huh?

Have to say , it was so sweet to see France's performance in the World Cup :) :) :)
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

What performance are you talking about, Tinderella? They have not performed yet.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
sebmelmoth2003

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

nick baines is in winnipeg.

any leonard-fans in the vicinity - get acquainted.

http://nickbaines.wordpress.com/2010/06 ... innipeg-1/
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Tinderella, isn't it a great comfort that apparently, it was NOT kindness that made the powers that be France go to South Africa?! ;-)
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

I have to say, it feels good to know that the ref that allowed the hand ball apologised to Ireland.

Au revoir France

Come on Germany ( my money is on you ) :)
crystal

Post by crystal »

tinderella wrote:I have to say, it feels good to know that the ref that allowed the hand ball apologised to Ireland.

Au revoir France

Come on Germany ( my money is on you ) :)
We did our best, it wasn't much....
Christel from Berlin
sebmelmoth2003

nick baines discusses hallelujah

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

bishop baines - brief explication of leonard's hallelujah - 24 minutes into bbc radio 4 `sunday` programme onwards - referencing the king james bible

audio online for one week only.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00x89fq

And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
sebmelmoth2003

bradfordians rejoice! - baines is a-comin'

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

leonard-lovin' cleric to become bishop of bradford :

...Bradford’s new Bishop will be enthroned at the Cathedral in May...

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/n ... take_seat/

http://www.churchofengland.org/media-ce ... pbrad.aspx

Return to “The World Tour 2010”