What's your 2010 Concert dream scenario?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
GinaDCG

What's your 2010 Concert dream scenario?

Post by GinaDCG »

Mine is that Leonard Cohen will decide to play Mountain Stage here in Charleston WV. It will be the usual small theater - or maybe they'll move it to The Clay Center, but wherever it is I'll have front row center seats.

AND, since some Mountain Stage people know me, I will relay to them my willingness to lead a hike of any duration and fitness level, anywhere in the state, for any band members who just might want to try that.

Then, of course, as the fantasy continues, The Man himself asks for a hike, and after we negotiate travel time, hiking distance and preferred scenery it is decided that I and some of my Club hiking buddies will show Leonard Cohen the New River Gorge's Endless Wall Trail, or maybe some of Holly River State Park's waterfalls, or Dolly Sods, or the Middle Fork in the Cranberry Wilderness, or my favorite local Kanawha State Forest hike accompanied by my bouncy, happy brown JaneDog.

OK Dr. H. Guy. How serious is it? is it time to seek treatment for my Cohenphiliac Disorder?

Anyone else want to make me feel less crazy by sharing any such fantasies you have? (which are fit to post.)
remote1

Re: What's your 2010 Concert dream scenario?

Post by remote1 »

If Leonard is going to play his concerts in brand new locations across the globe, my dream scenario would be that he chooses none of the songs that were on the 2008/2009 setlists, but completely new setlists based on his other songs... A simple concert dream scenario... The rest is not fit to post, sorry! :D

Great idea for a new thread!
"We are so lightly here"
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

remote1

I have not been to a concert, when Leonard Slovakia in August 28.2009. :cry: So when Leonard comes to Slovakia in the 2010 tour, I want to hear the songs that he sang here in 2009. Of course, also new. I look forward to. ;-)
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

I have a very simple desire - that I hear him play Avalanche live at last! Once I realised it was on the set list, each time I went I thought, 'this time...', but it was not to be. Seeing it on YouTube just isn't the same, so I'm hoping that in Lille he'll suddenly get the urge to play it (go on Leonard, you know you want to ;-) ).
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
remote1

Post by remote1 »

LEONKA wrote:remote1
I have not been to a concert, when Leonard Slovakia in August 28.2009. :cry: So when Leonard comes to Slovakia in the 2010 tour, I want to hear the songs that he sang here in 2009. Of course, also new. I look forward to. ;-)
Dreams are not meant to be contradicted...
"We are so lightly here"
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

How about this: a private concert, just for me, in my house, just Leonard and his guitar (and his keyboard! why not?), playing any songs he wants. (You called it a "dream scenario"!) :lol:

But seriously... (well, I actually am serious! But, realistically!), my 2010 Concert dream scenario would be to win a big lottery so that I could simply go wherever Leonard goes. (Yes, winning the lottery is so much more realistic!) :lol:

By the way, I like everyone's avatars! Nice variety of photos!
Inne

Post by Inne »

I don't have a whole dream scenario, just one tiny little wish : a Joan of Arc performance, in duet with Anjani, preferably in Lille or Strasbourg.
Am I asking too much ? (but then, "why not ask for just a little bit more", you never know ).
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf »

inne,

allow me to add something to your "tiny little wish":

anjani, sharon robinson, the webb sisters and...
jennifer warnes!!!

but that' s a dream, isn' t it!
Inne

Post by Inne »

And what about the unforgettable Julie Christensen ?
In fact, any of these super talented ladies will do, as long as Joan of Arc figures on the set list. Maybe we should start a petition ...
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

Dream Scenario... hmmm.... well I'd love to see him in an open air concert by the sea on a warm day at sunset near San Francisco OR joining him onstage at Grenoble to sing 'Take this Waltz' as I love to sing and have sung that one many a time at home and a girl can always dream :)
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

Thierry Henry singing a duet with Leonard, preferably Anthem:"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
bruinsy19

Post by bruinsy19 »

I would love to have Leonard come back to the Savoy in Glace Bay,Nova Scotia.Rumors are that he wants to come back to Eastern Canada,perhaps LC will perform again somewhere in the maritimes.
RegularCliche

Post by RegularCliche »

Deleted.
Last edited by RegularCliche on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009: Oakland 2x, St. Louis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, San Jose
2010: Sligo 2x, Lisbon, Caen, Grenoble, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Oakland 2x (again), Las Vegas 2x
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Oooooh to see him perform in some small intimate club (max capacity 250), have him do all the banter between songs he used to do back in the day, take requests, and finally for him to circulate amongst us at the end of the performance because he enjoys our company so very much and just cannot bear to leave - heaven!!!!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
holydove

Post by holydove »

Along with following him everywhere he goes, a concert in the little bar he used to frequent in Montreal (I'd love to see him in his hometown). The setlist (of the songs he hasn't been doing) would include: The Window, The Traitor, Joan of Arc, Master Song, Nancy, Teachers, Stories of the Street, Minute Prologue, Stranger Song, Light As A Breeze, Avalanche, One of Us Cannot Be Wrong, Diamonds in the Mine (oh, it is so hard to stop naming songs!); he would continue to do Anthem, Bird on a Wire, Chelsea Hotel, & The Miracle (AT LEAST those 4 cannot be omitted).

Then he would take me back to his house, or a room in his favorite Montreal hotel. We would drink tea & oranges, & Red Needles, and we would eat chocolate. He would let me stare into his beautiful, fathomless eyes, and he would let me touch his sweet lips; we would talk, and sing, and dance (slow dance, of course!). We would lay down together, and the rest is not fit to post, but the night would go on forever and ever. . .
Last edited by holydove on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The World Tour 2010”