THANKYOU JARKKO

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
B4real

THANKYOU JARKKO

Post by B4real »

I suspect what I’m about to say has been said many times over the years since 1995. As I am a reasonably new member I haven’t had the opportunity to tell you this before. Thankyou, so very much, Jarkko to you and your family for creating this web site. I imagine that a lot of blood, sweat and tears have gone into its making.

It is a haven in cyber space. I find it very informative and user friendly. I especially appreciate the forum and its moderators and members. Everyone is so helpful towards each other. Maybe it is because we all have at least one interest in common and we all know “who” that is ;-)

I have laughed, cried, became ecstatic and been informed by the posts of yourself and of the other members. Even though I haven’t physically met anyone (see where I live) I feel I know the personalities of a lot of members by the way that they post. There is a genuine openness here and I feel it is connected to the way the forum is structured – everyone is made to feel at ease.

And you Jarkko with your dry wit and always teasing us with what is coming next! I secretly think you love doing this :roll:

From the bottom of my heart – I thankyou. :D

I feel sure everyone will agree with my words.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
lizzytysh

Re: THANKYOU JARKKO

Post by lizzytysh »

I feel sure everyone will agree with my words.
We sure will agree with your words, B4real, beginning with me.
You're right that it's been said before... but you know what? Yes you do. It never hurts to say it, again. If our beloveds told us only once in our time together that we were wonderful and deeply appreciated, would we have minded being told again?

I second everything you've said. As maxed out in his professional and personal life Jarkko gets, he still makes time to do SO MUCH of what gets done here... along with the moderators assisting... and at least three of them have their own sites to maintain; Marie [she actually maintains more than one], Tom, Wybe, Maarten, and Henning.

Thanks for taking the time to express your gratitude, B4real.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
holydove

Post by holydove »

I don't know how I ever survived without the forum (especially as it took me so loooong to discover it)! But since I've discovered it, I think I might have gone totally insane, or at best been more unbearably lonely than ever, in my addiction to LC, without it.

Jarkko, your creation of this forum was truly visionary and brilliant, and your maintenance of it, (along with the moderators, etc.), and all you do for the members, is incredibly thoughtful, kind, and generous. Your hard work and the time you must put into it, are deeply appreciated; I'm grateful for this opportunity to thank you. . .

Be4Real, thank you too, for starting this thread - great idea!
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I totally agree with everything written here. While I don't make that many posts I check in here everyday. I love the forum and the website. I too am truly grateful for all the hard work that goes on by Jarkko and everyone else here.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

All this is true about Jarkko's work on the forum but more to his credit is the fact that if you ever have the privilege to meet him in the flesh he is such a nice human being .
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Dear Jarkko

Your work to the utmost respect and I thank you for everything you do for us what we are infatuated with Leonard. Nothing important thread in the 'tickle us a bit but for Leonard' suffer 'everything. I am happy that I discovered Leonardcohenfiles.com site and share their thoughts and feelings on the forum with other members. I do not know why I did not have the courage to start earlier to share their thoughts and feelings on the forum.
Maybe it was respect for the members, who are already on the forum as a home and know each other. I decided then, as Leonard had a concert in Slovakia August 28 2009.Jarkko for your work you are doing for our members, once again thank you from the heart. :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

All this is true about Jarkko's work on the forum but more to his credit is the fact that if you ever have the privilege to meet him in the flesh he is such a nice human being .
So SO true, Yorkshire Lad.

Those are very sweet comments you've made, LEONKA.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Lizzy

Thank you

My reverence for all who care about Leonardcohenfiles site. ;-)
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thankyou everyone who responded to this thread.
It's just a reminder for all of us that we don't ever take this site and opportunity for granted.
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's such an intriguing sketch of Leonard and . . . is that of an existing photo or did you insert yourself into that position .

You're so right, that we cannot and dare not take this site for granted and all that it brings. Jarkko and Leonard have developed such a friendship that we have all be rewarded by it. Marie's site is beautiful, as well... and she has privy information, too.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
B4real

Post by B4real »

Hi Lizzy,

Oh My......how observant you are.......I know you have an attention to detail. It is not from a photo, it is my original drawing right from the start - I began with no particular female figure in mind and you already know what happened......she does look remarkably like someone I am very familiar with.........ummmm........me. I wanted a personalised avatar and I thought I can and I will. Artistic licence taken.

If you're interested in my drawings I've done one of Leonard for his 75th birthday (page eight) and Jarkko said he will put it in the "Inspiration" section of the files, hopefully before the end of the year (not much time left for that) so it will probably be as he says "sooner or later".
GinaDCG

Post by GinaDCG »

Jarkko,

I wanted to add my thank you for all the time and effort -- your time and effort are appreciated -- very much!

Thank you, and Happy Holidays! (And to conservative Yanks -- no I am not at "war" with Christmas.)

Gina
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Ah, thank you for clearing that up for me, B4real :D ... I feel satisfied now... you know how when you think you're on to something and then you find out you really were ;-) ? It was a very lovely idea executed very well. You look quite satisfied yourself and snug in a very sweet way 8) .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

I am a little sorry that so far only seven members of the Forum expressed thanks to Jarkko. For all this, how much time they Jarkko sacrificed for us so that we can rejoice that we are so close to Leonardo. Excuse me. I'm sorry if wrote something inappropriate, but I feel this way. :neutral:
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Hi Leonka,

No, it's not an inappropriate comment. I think the reason that so few people have posted here is that a lot of us have had the good fortune to meet wonderful Jarkko and thank him in person. :D

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton

Return to “Comments & Questions”