Leonard Cohen lands in Israel

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
seadove

Re: Norman? :-)

Post by seadove »

Just a few pieces of news from the local media, as of this morning:

1. It does not seem that Lennie ever left the premises of his room at all. Can't understand this bit.....

2. But it was indicated. this time, that he ordered to his room a plate of Shnetzel and chips. Lol. ;-)

3. At about 7 in the evening he and his crew spent about one hour trying out the sound. Mr Cohen played on his organ and was caught on camera leaning on his right knee, probably singing out Hallelujah. I know that for a fact that he was there, being that I live not far away from the stadium and there was a lot of police activity ushering the drivers to keep on moving. I was amongst the drivers.

4. In contradiction to what was written earlier on, Mr Cohen is staying on in Israel till Saturday evening, and only then will he go back to the States.

That's all I got to say.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Local media is really giving him a rough time, isn't it?
tomsakic

Re: Leonard Cohen lands in Israel

Post by tomsakic »

Knowing Leonard's style of living, the fact that he was forced to accept the apartment instead of a simple room was probably a bad surprise.
seadove

Post by seadove »

Tom Sakic wrote:Knowing Leonard's style of living, the fact that he was forced to accept the apartment instead of a simple room was probably a bad surprise.
It's a security thingee. It seems that the suite in question is a better place to protect our man.
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

I wonder what time he is going to shower!! lol
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
seadove

Post by seadove »

Tom Sakic wrote:Local media is really giving him a rough time, isn't it?
Local media and seadove. :cry:
mbgg

Post by mbgg »

I sure wish they would have been discreet [actually close-mouthed is what I mean by that] with the personal details, considering Leonard's preference for privacy,
In Israel ????
Paula

Post by Paula »

Seadove - Your enthusiasm is palpable. I am torn between leave the poor man alone and let him have some space and laughing at your obvious happiness that he is in the country and you are going to see him. :lol:
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
seadove

Post by seadove »

Paula wrote:Seadove - Your enthusiasm is palpable. I am torn between leave the poor man alone and let him have some space and laughing at your obvious happiness that he is in the country and you are going to see him. :lol:
Thanks Paula. I am really excited about the whole thing. Even much more excited since Roger Waters visited us some 3 years ago. I have to calm down now, haven't slept a wink since one in the morning from all this anticipation. :shock:

Some tell me why I should not prefer to slip in a disk into a player and listen to him? I'm saying that is not the same thing. Like in a football match. You have to go out and capture the atmosphere, don't you think? ;-)
Paula

Post by Paula »

Seadove I have no idea if you have seen him before but you are in for a treat. I agree with you it will be totally different to listening to a CD and you will love it. You have such an obvious joy and enthusiasm for life it is lovely.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
seadove

Post by seadove »

Paula wrote:Seadove I have no idea if you have seen him before but you are in for a treat. I agree with you it will be totally different to listening to a CD and you will love it. You have such an obvious joy and enthusiasm for life it is lovely.
I have seen him in 1972 where he came to play at the sports stadium, that's in Tel Aviv. The sound was awful but I enjoyed him and his combination with the female vocalists behind him. Then all of a sudden there was a skirmish midst the crowds and the police was involved and Cohen himself joined in the fight, would you believe that? 45 minutes was wasted only for this.
Evie B

Post by Evie B »

I just want to say to all our friends in Israel, have a wonderful, wonderful evening. We who have had more than one chance to see Leonard have been so fortunate, you are in for the best night of your life.

One tip, if you normally wear contact lenses, don't, because you are going to cry, trust me. At least bring some specs so you can resort to them when your contacts float away on your emotion. I am so looking forward to any videos fans are able to record, I just hope Security doesn't stop them. We all get so much from these clips, they are treasures. We get to live a little bit of each concert with them.

Again, have the most magical evening. My thoughts (and envy) will be with you.

Evie B
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

Thanks Evie, I have been fortunate to come over from the UK especially to see him and I feel very honoured that I am going to be there this evening - am on countdown now!!
I have been lucky to have seen him several times over the last years but this concert is going to be VERY special.
To everyone who will be there this evening - enjoy and lehit xx :D
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
RoyJerusalem

Post by RoyJerusalem »

To all our friends - thank you so much

May it be a night we all remember.
Yalla Rockn'roll
Roy.
siempie1956

Post by siempie1956 »

for those interested, i will report live from twitter on tonight's concert