The final poster

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
caz

Re: The final poster

Post by caz »

Laura and the team - kudos. It's......perfect. :D And now sit back and relax, in the sure and certain knowledge that on the 21st someone is going to have a very big (if crooked) grin on his face. Thanks from us all.

Carole
Puddingdale

Post by Puddingdale »

You did it!!! Well done again. I cannot even begin to imagine how many hours and nervewrecking stares at squares ;-) you must have put into this. Bravo!

Now I am really looking forward to hearing how this special present will be received. Yes, let's hope for a broad crooked grin :D
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

Laura et al –

It is stunning indeed!! I commend you on this fantastic job.

Roman
kind regards -דרישת שלום
roman - pan cogito- מר קוגיטו
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
swan13

Post by swan13 »

Laura and all the team, very big congratulations on a wonderful piece of work. Thank you so much for such an inspired gift to our man, I think he will be really chuffed with such an original gift. Just think, perhaps he will be looking at us as often as we look at him! :D

Could consideration be given to providing us with a chart of all the names, only if not too much trouble?

Liz
"Should've got in the car"
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Laura,
Thank you for all of the hard work you put into this poster for Leonard. You have done a wonderful job and you have been very patient with all of the requests and changes that you were asked to make. It is a beautiful poster and I am honored to be part of it. Thank you again Laura.....
donalagata
a.ephroni

Post by a.ephroni »

Oh, so wonderful! So deserving of the anticipation! Thank you so much, to everyone who worked on this. (And to everyone who contributed photos!) What a perfect birthday gift.
sourire

Post by sourire »

Laura, Pam, Marie, Linda and the amazing forum team,

Many thanks for crafting our birthday gifts into such a stylish, beautiful poster with your hours of hard work :D I'm so happy everyone finally made it into the frame!
Kiwi56

Post by Kiwi56 »

Laura and the whole team,

thank you so much for that wonderful poster and the hard work you've done !!!!
It's great!!!
Thank you, thank you !
2008 Lörrach,Oberhausen,2009 Dublin, 2010 Stuttgart, 2012Verona
sanneka

Post by sanneka »

Dear Laura and Friends.
What a beautiful beautiful job you have done, it is really a wonderful gift.
Thank you so much for all the time and creativity you have put into this project.
Susanne
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Excellent final result! Thanks again to Laura, Pam, Marie, and Linda for the perseverance and oh-so hard and tedious work involved!

Roman, it's so nice to see your face on the mosaic! Sorry to hear about the surgery you had to have. Hopefully the pain is subsiding. Does this mean you might not make Barcelona?

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

It is beautiful!! Really lovely :D
Thank you to Laura, Pam, Marie and Linda and anyone else who worked on this. I am so happy to be a part of it.

Marina
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Having been away for much of the past 2 weeks, I am only just catching up with all the various threads. However, now I've found my way here, I would like to add my thanks once again to the team who put the poster together. It is simply wonderful!! I have already spotted quite a few faces I recognise and I printed out an A3 version of the poster before I left work this evening so I can study it at my leisure - though maybe not before we leave for Barcelona on Thursday!

Wendy
redstudio

Post by redstudio »

I just returned from a long weekend in the mountains to find the completed project. Bravo to all who participated! Great job Laura, Marie and Linda finishing up on the mosaic and tending to all the last minute changes that always have to be made on a project this complex. Thank you to all who submitted photos. Very well done and fascinating to look through. A very big thank you to the person who thought up this brilliant idea and I believe that person is Lizzy. Another thank you to Maarten for finding the software program for us to use and Jarkko for overseeing the whole thing.
Leonard will be able to see all those smiles he's been working on all this time. Pam
Halifax May 15, 2008 / New York February 19, 2009 / Boston May 29, 2009/ Columbus October 27, 2009
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Geez, thanks for the credit, Pam... but I don't believe it was me, though I may well have heartily seconded the idea. I'm trying to remember just how it came into being... I must say, I'd be surprized to learn it was me :shock: . Wouldn't that be a kick :lol: !
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Kanga

Post by Kanga »

Well done, The poster looks wonderful. Thanks for all the hard work you have put in. I was away last week so I missed the panic over the missing faces. I have found both myself and my sister so I am very happy :D
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”