Big Announcement (July 22)

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
sue7

Re: Big Announcement today at 7:30 am EDT!

Post by sue7 »

ladydi wrote: "Most of us are totally thrilled at the prospect of being able to see Leonard one more time....perhaps one last time. I doubt anything would put a damper on our excitement today! :D"

You're absolutely right, Diana. I feel so happy and privileged that I'll be able to attend another concert.
Of course, the next bout of craziness will be trying to buy tickets from Ticketmaster. Does anyone know if there was any resolution to the issues around the withholding of seats and releasing the good seats much much later?
Thank you so much, Jarkko. I love the image of you racing to a gas station to post an announcement we're all sitting waiting for.
What a day!!
amcgee

Post by amcgee »

Hi

it is great news for all Cohen's fans alright and he does seem to be enjoying himself, and i know USA is a big big place , and its hard for him to get to all fans, i was half hoping that it was an announcment that he was ending touring, so i would probably have gone out and bought a ticket for his last show in Dublin, but as it is not , i will have to wait and see will he come back.
this forum has had a lof of major announcements and all have being for extensions of tour so i suppose we should have koped it long ago.
he is some man for one man...
amcgee
mutti

Post by mutti »

I am so happy! Thank you Jarkko for keeping us all focused and together. I can just see you on the road looking for a gas station knowing you are making so many people happy! I woke a few times in the night and then at 4:30 slowly got up...savouring the suspense, making coffee..stalling and then I finally sat down at the computer and smiled...so excited!
Thank you Leonard for this Big Announcement.
Leslie (Mutti) :lol:
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

amcgee wrote:Hi

i was half hoping that it was an announcment that he was ending touring, so i would probably have gone out and bought a ticket for his last show in Dublin, but as it is not , i will have to wait and see will he come back.
I'd get another Dublin ticket if you wanna see him again one last time.

The PR states "his fall return to the U.S. will mark the final engagements of the intimate, superbly crafted concert tour," which quite strongly suggests there will be no more dates after this.
Last edited by danslenoir on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

sue7 wrote: Of course, the next bout of craziness will be trying to buy tickets from Ticketmaster. Does anyone know if there was any resolution to the issues around the withholding of seats and releasing the good seats much much later?
What a day!!
Hi Sue,
From past experience I think what I'm going to do is try to jump in as soon as the pre-sale starts, but wait and see what seats are offered. If only Rows 10 and back are showing up, I'll wait for the public sale. And in some cases, the pit seats weren't even realeased until a couple of weeks after the public sale started! I think many of us have been on the unfortunate end of "eating" tickets from a presale because we could purchase better ones later. Really wish Ticketmaster would release some of those pit seats in the presale, but somehow I doubt they have changed much!

Diana
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Yes, Diana, I'm afraid that you echoed my thoughts exactly. I don't know if I have the nerves of steel it will require to wait, though. It didn't matter too much at the Beacon (we were in the last row) but at Madison Square Garden it will matter. I guess we'll just have to hope for the best.
Sue
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Sue,

Oh no..last row at the Beacon! I was able to snag a 6th row seat at the Beacon via the presale but that was just luck!

Of course, now I want the pit all the time ;-)

All the best,
Diana
cjs

Post by cjs »

by brightnow on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:38 am
Hmmm... we have about 30 registered users online and 47 guests, we love you lurkers! (but while you're here, why don't you register and introduce yourself?)
Hi everyone, found the forum by chance when googling reviews of the Brighton concert in the autumn and have been really enjoying it ever since but havent introduced myself. My best friend gave me The Best of Leonard Cohen for my 15th birthday in 1975 and that was it! I work in london and was hoping to get to the O2 dates last year but then was sent away for work :cry: . Gave up hope then opened the local paper one day and there was an advert for the Brighton concert just 5 minutes walk from home :D :D !!!! Not being a Leonard fan my husband didnt really want to go because he said it would be an evening of 'suicidal droning' but he agreed to go (if I'd known about the forum at that stage I could have left him behind and found some of you !) and now OF COURSE he is a compete convert. We didnt have great seats in Brighton - right over to the side facing the Webb sisters backs but it was fantastic anyway but we got wonderful tickets for Liverpool (my home town so extra special) in row F (thank you Jarkko). Cant aford to go to America but who knows - perhaps it isnt the end....... Lovely to speak to you all at last
CJS
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

jarkko wrote:My announcement was a bit delayed - I'm on the road and to my surprise didn't have any connection at the given time! Drove to a gas station and got hotspot connection there. The complete list of venues and pre-sales is in a separate thread now!
This sounds perfect for a Hollywood script. Let's have a contest for, "Who should play Jarkko?"
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi cjs and a belated welcome to the Forum!

What a delightful story you shared! So great that you were able to attend the Brighton concert (even with not-so-good seats) and that your husband became a convert to Leonard! That happens so many times! And then this year you were able to make it to Liverpool...fabulous!

Special thanks go to your friend who introduced you to Leonard so many years ago, but it seems that no matter if we've been loyal fans for 30-40 years, or new fans who have come onboard in the past couple of years....even young fans in their teens who've just heard his music for the first time....that incredible devotion to him, his words and his music is always there. The poetry and music will live forever!

Enjoy the Forum, and make sure to check out the Files, Speaking Cohen, and even Anjani's lovely website http://www.anjani-music.com.

All the best,
Diana
richardrj

Post by richardrj »

sue7 wrote:Thank you so much, Jarkko. I love the image of you racing to a gas station to post an announcement we're all sitting waiting for.
What a day!!
Except of course that Jarkko wasn't the first one to make the announcement – another forum member found the press release online and posted it first. Not to take anything away from Jarkko's fine work but in this case it is clear that the information was released by multiple sources at the same time.
cjs

Post by cjs »

ladydi on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 pm
Hi cjs and a belated welcome to the Forum!

What a delightful story you shared! So great that you were able to attend the Brighton concert (even with not-so-good seats) and that your husband became a convert to Leonard! That happens so many times! And then this year you were able to make it to Liverpool...fabulous!

Special thanks go to your friend who introduced you to Leonard so many years ago, but it seems that no matter if we've been loyal fans for 30-40 years, or new fans who have come onboard in the past couple of years....even young fans in their teens who've just heard his music for the first time....that incredible devotion to him, his words and his music is always there. The poetry and music will live forever!

Enjoy the Forum, and make sure to check out the Files, Speaking Cohen, and even Anjani's lovely website http://www.anjani-music.com.

All the best,
Diana
Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I hadnt looked at Anjani's site but now i think you've solved my birthday present search for my husband. thank you!
cjs
sue7

Post by sue7 »

ladydi wrote:Sue,

Oh no..last row at the Beacon! I was able to snag a 6th row seat at the Beacon via the presale but that was just luck!

Of course, now I want the pit all the time ;-)

All the best,
Diana
Well, we did get to move towards the front of the balcony for the second half, and then got reasonably decent seats downstairs for Radio City (nowhere near the pit, though). We're getting closer all the time: who knows what kind of luck we might have next? :)
I'm just so so thrilled...
Good luck for the presale,
Sue
atlgahsmom

Post by atlgahsmom »

The tickets for Atlanta don't go on sale until August. How can I get the presale code? I'm so excited!!!!
Dumbjaw

Post by Dumbjaw »

I am wondering about pre-sale information as well, particularly for the Philadelphia show. GREAT news!

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”