Cohen at the movies

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
vern.silver

Cohen at the movies

Post by vern.silver »

I went to see the latest Russel Crow movie last night and was surprised to see a clip of the Jiam Gomeshi interview played in amongst the ads and other stuff they subject us to nowadays. Talk about exposure!

Vern
"Clarence said a striking thing about rowing that I've always valued ... that he liked rowing because you were approaching life backward. You could clearly see the past, and you glanced quickly at the future over your shoulder.' Jim Harrison.
anneporter

Re: Cohen at the movies

Post by anneporter »

Did you catch Great Big Sea singing Pat Murphy's Wake at the beginning?--noble Newfoundland lads all ...
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

SUGAR The story of a promising young pitcher from the Dominican Republic
http://www.independent.com/news/2009/may/14/emsugarem/
Deep into the film, a Spanish language version of Leonard Cohen’s modern-day secular hymn “Hallelujah” seems to sharpen the emotional focus of the tale. Reprised during the final credits, the song becomes an unofficial anthem (yet another link to the anthem-driven — “Streets of Laredo” — against-type baseball saga, Bang the Drum Slowly). “Your faith was strong, but you needed proof,” goes the lyric, and our hero’s wandering path.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Dasia

Post by Dasia »

I saw the same clip as vern.silver last Sunday before the new Star Trek movie. My deep admiration for LC goes back almost as long as I've been a fan of ST, especially Mr. Spock. My daughters said it was special for Mother's Day that I got to see both my boyfriends named Leonard on the big screen that day. I'm just thrilled they're both going full steam ahead and still finding new fans!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Me, too! I saw the CBC Cohen clip before Star Trek. A friend of mine later commented that LC and Leonard Nimoy bear a strong resemblance. Maybe a little...

Return to “News”