MERCH details

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
evilcharles

MERCH details

Post by evilcharles »

Someone on one of these threads had been wondering about merch for this tour. I didn't do a full report but I did spend some time at the merch booth, so I thought I'd open a discussion others can elaborate on.

-Numerous styles of tshirts for sale at $35 each. The actual tour shirt with the dates on the back is a really good looking shirt. All of the shirts available are (according to the label) climate-neutral in that they are made using only wind and solar power.
-Nice track jacket available for $65 with the Unified Heart Touring Company logo on the breast.
-Thin black silk tie with the intertwined heart logo embroidered in a nice baby blue thread. (Not sure on price.)
-Book Of Longing $15
- Cohen Live in London DVD $20
-Cohen Live in London CD, not sure about cost.
-Pewter keychain with the Unified Heart intertwining hearts logo with added hands & symbol, $15.
-Various CDs by other members of his band. I think these were all $15 each.
-Tour program, $20. A neat keepsake with selected lyrics, band bios, pictures from many different stops along the way, list of shows on the North american tour, etc...
-What looked to be sterling silver rings with the Unified Heart emblem on them, not sure of price.
-Shoulder bags (not purses, they look like record bags) of a few different varieties, prices vary
-Cohen tour flyer, think these were $20. At the Long Center gigs they had some which were venue-specific and looked great.

I'm sure there was much more, but this is what's coming to mind at the moment. It was crowded there and I was trying to do my business as quickly as possible so I could get away from that crowd and back to my friends, whiskey rocks and discussion about the show.

The merch booth does take credit cards and the people working there were very polite, though they were working just as fast as they possibly could to keep up with the swarming crowd. It was pretty tightly packed around there but if you wanted some good Leonard Cohen merch it's a necessary evil.

I know that as soon as I click "submit" I'm going to remember five more items which have slipped my mind at the moment.
surfergirl

Re: MERCH details

Post by surfergirl »

I think I was the one who asked, so thank you so much for this thread! Wow, that thin tie sounds excellent! Was it one of those thin '60's type ties?
I was cautioned to surrender, this I could not do . . . .
black.swan

Post by black.swan »

The ties were $30, fyi.

(I got one in Austin!)
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

I heard the merch includes a pin with the Unified Heart intertwining hearts logo . I wonder if that's the lapel pin that Sharon Robinson was wearing in the "Live in London" DVD. Does anyone know?
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
surfergirl

Post by surfergirl »

Thanks for the info about the ties. Now, about those pins, hope they have them, I collect pins.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

The pins were $5 each in Grand Prairie and came in 3 different colors, but the fellow helping me out could only find 2 - blue and red. The other pin displayed was a bit different, but can't remember the details since I don't have it in hand :cry: . I think the rings were $75.00. Evilcharles covered pretty much everything to my recollection - thank you for doing this.

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
gussiecat

Post by gussiecat »

what about posters? are they available at the concerts?

thanks!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

gussiecat,

Yes, posters, how did we forget :roll:? LC Unified Heart Touring Company, with a list of all the US and Canadian dates, 17x11, white background with red lettering, LC with guitar case in black and white. Pretty sure $20. Comes in a hard cardboard sleeve so as not to get damaged (something they must have started after the Beacon NYC). There might have also been other posters - not sure :( .

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
surfergirl

Post by surfergirl »

Oh, I didn't realize there were two different colored pins. I bought one (blue) and this is a really nice pin that has "2009 tour" on it. Roscoe Beck was wearing one last night. I'll have to go back and check it out this evening.

They touted guitar picks for sale $8.00 for a set, but did NOT have them -- darn! Since I play guitar, I have a guitar pick collection.

I did pick up the $30 tie and will wear it tonight!
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

surfergirl wrote:Oh, I didn't realize there were two different colored pins. I bought one (blue) and this is a really nice pin that has "2009 tour" on it. Roscoe Beck was wearing one last night. I'll have to go back and check it out this evening.
When I bought my Unified Heart pin (no inscription, just the two interwoven hearts) in San Diego, they only had Blue. It is very nice. I bought a blue tour pin last night in LA. It is smaller, with the 2009 tour inscription. I wear them both together - looks good on, what else at an LC concert, a black jacket.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
hesperides23

Post by hesperides23 »

Is the merchandise that is being sold on the tour also being offered for purchase online anywhere?

I wanted to buy the black t-shirt with the big print of the cover of Songs Of Love And Hate (my favorite L. Cohen album) but it seemed just too expensive at $35. Now, the day after the concert, I'm wishing I'd bought it.
"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..." (Noel Scott Engel)
tonymoco

Post by tonymoco »

There are photos the tour merchandise here:

http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-2.html

As others have noted, they don't always have everything available. And if you really want something and/or a specific size/color etc, get to the merch tables early.

Last edited by tonymoco on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

Do the merch tables provide plastic bags to put your purchases into?

It may sound like a funny question, but I don't want to have to worry about my shirt(s) dropping onto the floor while I'm enjoying the show.
If they don't provide any, I will bring a bag into the show.
surfergirl

Post by surfergirl »

^^ yes, at least at the LA show they did provide plastic bags.

I don't know if the other shows will have the same problem as we did in Los Angeles, but I want to WARN you that we had problems with the merchandise stand sellers. There were two merchandise stands, both with long lines. If you purchased, say, a medium t-shirt but really wanted a large at stand 1, and stand 1 said they only had medium, you could NOT exchange that medium for a large at the other stand if they still had them there. This happened to my friend. Also, you stand there, and once they've sold out of something you want, you have NO IDEA it's sold out until after you get up there -- tried to ask and they just shut you down. For example, the special LA poster was sold out at stand 1 when we got up there (after waiting 15 minutes in line), but there were still those posters (a few) at stand 2, but you had to go back to the end of line 2 and wait all over again. Needless to say, the posters were gone by the time I got to the front of the line. And the cool canvas sacks were all sold out, only the leather. Stand 2 sellers insisted they could not exchange because they were "different" sellers. Give me a break! :shock:
Last edited by surfergirl on Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

Thanks, SG. Good to know. Hopefully the early entry will work out for us and we can purchase what we want.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”