London Dates?

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
curiousberyl

London Dates?

Post by curiousberyl »

Please please tell us that Leonard is returning to London!

Is the delay in confirming dates due to the block booking of the O2 by Michael Jackson :?:

There are still lots of gaps in July / August :)

The DVD was recorded here... he has to come back! Please!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Barbara

Dublin 1988
London O2 2008 x 2
Weybridge 2009
London Wembley Arena 2012
tommylen

Re: London Dates?

Post by tommylen »

Hi

Just a quick look through the web pages reveals that the South of England has seen a fair bit of Leonard Cohen in the past twelve months
unlike for example the land known as Wales or the part of Scotland around Aberdeen that havent seen a dickiebird of the tour.

I appreciate what your hoping for but fairs fair.

Lets give other people a chance to get to a show.
evie

Post by evie »

Appreciate what you're saying Tommylen, but he could come South also.... well we live in hope!

Evie
I heard of a man who says words so beautifully that if he only speaks their name women give themselves to him.

Manchester 1972; London O2 2008; Bournemouth 2008; Manchester 2008; Dublin 2012; Bournemouth 2013; Brighton 2013
curiousberyl

Post by curiousberyl »

Completely

xxx
Barbara

Dublin 1988
London O2 2008 x 2
Weybridge 2009
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Hehe, I very much have my fingers crossed for another London date, but I know this is rather greedy as we've seen more action than most. The Royal Albert Hall would be a nicer venue than the O2 though (and I think Jacko has made it pretty impossible for this year anyway).
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

tommylen wrote: unlike for example the land known as Wales.......
Funny, I seem to remember enjoying a wonderful evening in Cardiff (that is in Wales, isn't it...?)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
curiousberyl

Post by curiousberyl »

Me too
somewhat_nifty wrote:Hehe, I very much have my fingers crossed for another London date, but I know this is rather greedy as we've seen more action than most. The Royal Albert Hall would be a nicer venue than the O2 though (and I think Jacko has made it pretty impossible for this year anyway).
Though when i first heard he was playing at the O2 I was really disappointed, however having been there twice to see him now, and having seen lots of other artists at the Royal Albert hall, the O2 is far far superior acoustically

Saying that, The Albert Hall is less of a trek...

There are gaps in Jacko's tour dates... I'm hoping lLonard won't feel weird filling the gaps :!:

Anyway, ive heard the Michael Jackson Tour is all a big April Fool - they'll never get all of him in one place! ;-)
Barbara

Dublin 1988
London O2 2008 x 2
Weybridge 2009
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn »

curiousberyl wrote:Please please tell us that Leonard is returning to London!
There is still the possibility of that date at MB World in Weybridge which is practically London.

Regards,

Melvyn.
bean

Post by bean »

I am happy to admit to being greedy. The more London dates the better.

The chances of Wacko Jacko completing even half of his dates are remote.

Where is this Wales you are talking about :D
curiousberyl

Post by curiousberyl »

Melvyn wrote:
There is still the possibility of that date at MB World in Weybridge which is practically London.
I Live in Weybridge!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Barbara

Dublin 1988
London O2 2008 x 2
Weybridge 2009
curiousberyl

Post by curiousberyl »

oooo!

i just found this on the MBW website!
10th, 11th & 12th Summer Concerts (artists TBA)
ooooo!
Barbara

Dublin 1988
London O2 2008 x 2
Weybridge 2009
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn »

curiousberyl wrote:i just found this on the MBW website!
10th, 11th & 12th Summer Concerts (artists TBA)
ooooo!
Yes, this was mentioned on this forum on March 25th by Malbeanie, the Summer concerts thread ;-)

Regards,

Melvyn.
Dee Campbell

Post by Dee Campbell »

I know we are greedy here in the south,I was completely spoiled by two London concerts last year......but it hasn't stopped my lovely sister booking tickets for us all in Belfast..so excited...thank you sis...but I still live in hope for another visit to the RAH... :lol: Deex
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards »

We would all like concerts on our doorstep, that is but human nature, However it will not happen. I managed four concerts last year from the far north of Scotland: Dublin, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester. Too far away - possibly: affordable, no not really: worth the travel - most certainly yes, even when Birmingham and Manchester involved a drive back overnight. Am I a wealthy banker, NO! Merely a retired person who has loved the music and poetry of Leonard Cohen since college, some forty years ago.

Dave

Post by guest »

The Royal Albert Hall is almost impossible because it will host the BBC Proms every night between Friday 17 July and Saturday 12 September.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”