Summer tour: speculations (several threads merged)

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tommylen

Summer tour: speculations (several threads merged)

Post by tommylen »

Just finished chasing the sheep around the hills and desperate for a bit of relaxation.

Whats this I hear about Leonard Cohen heading for the remote outback of northern Scotland?

What do you mean its too far away?

What about that well known wee "toon" of Aberdeen with its Airport and its Exhibition centre?

One of the biggest cities in the United Kinngdom with excellent road links to Bonnie Dundee.

Think a wee outback with a surrounding population of about 500,000 could attract a Leonard Cohen concert?
TueLo

Re: Summer tour: speculations (several threads merged)

Post by TueLo »

My girlfriend and I are busting our heads in thinking what to do this summer. We live in Copenhagen and are thinking about going to Berlin to see him. However if he's playing in Denmark, for instance Roskilde Festival or more hopefully some other venue it would be a great amount of money to save for us poor student 8)

I'm all for the way it is going with the progress of showing which dates where and when. Also I'm aware that the list as mentioned probably does not contain Denmark now or later. However this is still a mere guess for me.

Therefore I hope for just a small hint to help us choose before all the good seats are taken or the Berlin show is sold out. Nothing final or anything confirmed, just a hint on whether there might (with the stress on might) be a show here.

I know this is somewhat annoying and impatiently. But please, this is not to sound ungrateful or anything. Just a little handout for a confused and stressed stranger ;-)

Thanks.

Tue
ForeverYoung

Post by ForeverYoung »

Aberdeen would be AMAZING.

I hope there's even a slightest chance of this happening, I don't think Leonard could get a better reception anywhere in the UK :)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

This is good news for many:
Looks like things are moving to a direction many members in the East have been hoping...
Some gaps in the tour itinerary are being filled with a couple of cities that balance the European routing in a very nice way.

We will know more soon!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

Is this now the full itenerary or is it likely that there are more cities added?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

It isn't complete yet.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
deedee7

Post by deedee7 »

Is the announcement on the 4th May, the last for this cycle of concerts?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

No, just one concert to be added to the summer itinerary. More on the way.
jglBB

Post by jglBB »

Don't know if it has been "speculated" elsewhere, but, according to this (sorry, french only): http://www.venise1.com/concerts-a-venise-7137.html Leonard COULD be in Venice on August 3rd. Hope it helps... :D
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

This tentative date in Venice has not been confirmed. The itinerary for the rest of the summer tour is still in progress, and the dates will be announced one by one after every detail has been nailed.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

jglBB wrote:Don't know if it has been "speculated" elsewhere, but, according to this (sorry, french only): http://www.venise1.com/concerts-a-venise-7137.html Leonard COULD be in Venice on August 3rd. Hope it helps... :D
Any snippet helps to keep the hope alive - thank you jglBB!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
tommylen

Post by tommylen »

That sounds good.I had given up but now?
I have a tiny flicker of hope.
Zeronic

Post by Zeronic »

Jarkko, I don't suppose you know if there is any chance / any rumours of a possible concert in London? Am looking to buy tickets as a present for my Dad and will get tickets for Weybridge... but will hang on for a few weeks if theres any chance of a show in London, Any info (or even a guess) would be great :) Cheers!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

London is not in any lists I have got. There will be more concerts in the summer & fall, but according to the recent development they will be in the Mediterranean area and/or in the East. However, after all the additions I don't want to say anything definitive, but don't interpret this as a hint; it isn't.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

jarkko wrote:...There will be more concerts in the ... fall, but according to the recent development they will be in the Mediterranean area and/or in the East.
Is that Eastern Eorope, the Far East or Eastern U.S.?

***Eastern Europe / Jarkko***
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”