fanclub presale advance ticket pick up problem

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Hello

fanclub presale advance ticket pick up problem

Post by Hello »

I bought my tickets through ticketmaster (fanclub presale) for the Apr 30th concert in Winnipeg. I tried to pick my tickets up this week (at the venue will call) and ticketmaster told me I had to pick the tickets up the day of the concert. The ridiculous part of this process is I have to show my ID and credit card because I bought the tickets. I bought the tickets for my sister as a gift and I am not even attending the concert. Has anyone else had this problem in Canada? Why can't we pick the tickets up a few days before the concert to avoid the rush?
Melvyn

Re: fanclub presale advance ticket pick up problem

Post by Melvyn »

Hello wrote:I bought my tickets through ticketmaster (fanclub presale) for the Apr 30th concert in Winnipeg.
You're in the wrong forum, this is for the Summer Tour of Europe. You need to post under The North American Tour 2009. But presumably the reason you can't pick up before the day of the concert is to prevent scalping.

Regards,

Melvyn.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Hello wrote:I bought my tickets through ticketmaster (fanclub presale) for the Apr 30th concert in Winnipeg. I tried to pick my tickets up this week (at the venue will call) and ticketmaster told me I had to pick the tickets up the day of the concert. The ridiculous part of this process is I have to show my ID and credit card because I bought the tickets. I bought the tickets for my sister as a gift and I am not even attending the concert. Has anyone else had this problem in Canada? Why can't we pick the tickets up a few days before the concert to avoid the rush?
As Melvyn says, you are in the wrong section of the forum. However, to answer your question, Ticketmaster is absolutely right. It was made totally clear at the time that all pre-sale tickets were sold on a Will Call basis, to be collected at the venue on the day of the concert one hour before the show and on presentation of photo ID and the credit card used to make the booking. This was to stop scalpers from buying "our" tickets, collecting them from the Box Office in advance then selling them for ridiculous amounts of money in the secondary markets. Some people have been able to collect their tickets in advance from the venue box office but it's more at the whim of the individual box office than anything else. I'm afraid you'll just have to go to the venue with your sister on the night and collect the tickets for her. If you live out of town, well you'll just have to surprise her with your presence!

Hope she enjoys the show!

Wendy

PS I just noticed that you only joined a few days ago. Does that mean that you weren't a member when you took advantage of our pre-sale????
Hello

Post by Hello »

My sister is the huge fan of Leonard Cohen (I like him, but she goes crazy over him). Her friend is the fanclub member (not a new member like me). We thought to surprise my sister for her birthday with the tickets and I was available to go on line that day to buy them, for the fanclub member to take my sister. Oh well, maybe I will have to buy a single seat and go to the concert now, since I have to pick up the tickets one hour before. Thanks for the explaination.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I moved this thread from Europe to North America! :razz:
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Hello wrote:My sister is the huge fan of Leonard Cohen (I like him, but she goes crazy over him). Her friend is the fanclub member (not a new member like me). We thought to surprise my sister for her birthday with the tickets and I was available to go on line that day to buy them, for the fanclub member to take my sister. Oh well, maybe I will have to buy a single seat and go to the concert now, since I have to pick up the tickets one hour before. Thanks for the explaination.
Did you got to the box office or to a TM retail outlet? I picked up my Ottawa tickets last week from a retail outlet (in Ottawa) and didn't have any problems.

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”