Summer tour: speculations (several threads merged)

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
danslenoir

Re: Summer tour: speculations (several threads merged)

Post by danslenoir »

cpl593h wrote:if you have decent liverpool tickets i might take them
where are they for, please?
Block B Row K. They were £75 each + £20 ticketmaster "fees"
Midnight Choir

Post by Midnight Choir »

Speaking of the Roundhouse I would love it if Leonard did a concert there. Surely he will do a concert or two in London. He could book out the Roundhouse in a matter of hours. If it's big enough for Dylan..
2008: O2 London - July 17 | O2 London - November 13 | O2 London - November 14 | RAH London - November 17 | 2009: Antwerp - July 4 | Weybridge - July 11
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

FOXWOOD wrote:http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q= ... arch&meta=
This pdf file shows a picture of a seated concert at Mercedes World
Can you relink this? It just links to a google search page and I cant see a seating plan on it. Thanks :)

Edit - Don't worry I found another here: http://www.ticketline.co.uk/images/tick ... lt_lrg.gif
Last edited by danslenoir on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have taken Godalming off from the list, according to an email received today it is not ready to be announced.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
TueLo

Post by TueLo »

Is it certain that Denmark will not be on the list, because then I'll have to buy for Berlin probably. Just to be sure (as far as sure can go)?

And thank you Jarkko for all the amazing work you put into this.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote:I have taken Godalming off from the list, according to an email received today it is not ready to be announced.
Interesting. Mercedes World announced their concert series in early February last year. I wonder if they are waiting for Leonard to be confirmed before they make their announcement, or whether the announcement on Leonard is being held up until they are ready to announce their shows ....!

W
Elsie

Post by Elsie »

I can't believe my eyes.... Leonard is coming to little Langesund, almost on my doorstep, on July 17 !!! and I will be in Italy on summer holiday with my grandchildren :?
Oh well, what a wonderful thing to happen, for those staying home.
I saw Bob Dylan in Langesund some years ago, and Elton John. Dylan was great. Leonard Cohen is.... too good to be true. Congratulations to the Langesund concert management!
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

I have taken Godalming off from the list, according to an email received today it is not ready to be announced.
Can't wait to hear about Goldalming - just googled it, and apparently the skid pan is used as the venue. Thanks for everything, Jarkko - it's all so exciting!
Snoozze

Post by Snoozze »

Jarkko,
First of all I'm new to this forum (writing, not reading) and I wanted to congratulate you and your team for all the great work you do concerning Leonard. I had the enormous luck to see The Master playing last November @ Olympia in Paris in which was the best musical experience I ever had. Now, seeing that soon or later you are going to announce a bunch of concerts in my country, Spain, I'm getting more and more worried of missing him. Thing is I'm on a long vacation until late August and I'm pretty sure that's when he'll end up playing in Barcelona :cry: (especially after seeing the Gijon concert confirmed on July 31st). However, since I read you saying there might be several changes in August and September dates, are there any chances that I might get to see Mr.Cohen in Barcelona or anywhere nearby late in August or September? You would make me the happiest man on Earth. Thanks and keep on with the good work. Cheers from Barcelona ;)
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn »

Mordy wrote:
Can't wait to hear about Goldalming - just googled it, and apparently the skid pan is used as the venue. Thanks for everything, Jarkko - it's all so exciting!
I really don't know how the tour organisers thought MB World was in Godalming. Godalming is a nice little place but there is nowhere there that I know of to hold a concert. As I said earlier, MB World is in Weybridge and in fact is on the site of the famous Brooklands race track, and the old aircraft factory which built planes like the Vickers Viscount, the Vanguard, bits for Concorde etc. Anyway, it remains to be seen whether that concert comes off or not. You can see the venue here -

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content ... endar.html

then go to "Download Events Calendar".

Regards,

Melvyn.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

there any chances that I might get to see Mr.Cohen in Barcelona or anywhere nearby late in August or September?
Indeed there is such a risk, assuming that the tentative plans won't change! 8)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Snoozze

Post by Snoozze »

My English is a bit rusty so I don't wanna get this wrong: does your fast answer (thanks for that!) mean that I might get lucky and see The Master in my hometown????????? :shock: If so, I think I'm gonna jump from my chair up to the 2nd floor : D
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

So I'm noticing a gap between the Dublin concert on July 19th and the Belfast concert on July 26th....mmmh....is Mr Cohen planning on holidaying in Ireland for a little while?? ;-)
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

Thanks for the link to the MB site, Melvyn. We''ll just have to wait and see ...

Jarkko - can you give us a clue as to how many concerts are pencilled in up for the UK this year????

Mordy
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

Any indication of when all the dates will be announced?

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”