PRESALE TO LIVERPOOL BEGINS ON MARCH 24

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
krysia.k

Re: PRESALE TO LIVERPOOL TODAY (March 24)

Post by krysia.k »

Thank you Jarkko.

I'm thrilled to have tickets in row A block 15.

Krysia
Leeds Uni 197(2?), Manchester Nov 2008, Weybridge 2009, Liverpool 2009
Paula

Post by Paula »

I don't believe it I am going to see Michael Jackson on that day at the O2. Talk about sod's law.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

Thanks Jarkko. Working overseas in a remote area, however still managing to keep in touch with the Forum. Only recently got a broadband connection in my location. I was on the ticket master site immediately on opening, unfortunately the workplace computer I was using decided to mess about trying to block cookies before frustratingly logging me out. I managed to get a wireless broadband connection on a (very helpful) colleague's laptop so got on again about 3.30 pm UK time. Eventually got 2 seats Block C row F. Still very happy to have tickets reasonably near the front, thanks to you. Back home to UK soon. See you all in Liverpool. Too early to think about meet-ups? (I'm sure there will be another thread for this soon!) :D

Dublin - 14 Jun 08
London O2- 17 Jul 08
London O2 - 13 Nov 08
London RAH - 17 Nov 08
Brighton - 28 Nov 08
Last edited by ScottM on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Paula wrote:I don't believe it I am going to see Michael Jackson on that day at the O2. Talk about sod's law.
I feel for you Paula. The only reason I'm not going to see MJ on that day is that Ticketmaster did not allocate any decent seats to me - I do at least want to see the stage for my £86 or whatever it cost. In fact I suppose I should be grateful to Ticketmaster - it's down to them that I am free to see Leonard on 14 July!

Wendy
Arathrael

Post by Arathrael »

I just registered to say thanks for this. I only found out that this was happening this afternoon, and I didn't have the information on the presale until Google directed me here!

I've now got a ticket for block C, row S. Can't wait for July!
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

It seems other presales are operating for this. I got the following email from seetickets this evening. Wonder if they will have a different ticket allocation to the seats we were offered.

As a valued customer of ours we would like to give you the opportunity to be
one of the first to book for the NEW Leonard Cohen date. He will be
returning to the UK for a one off date in Liverpool. The pre sale will
begin at 9am Wednesday 25th March 2009 and will continue until the general
sale starts on Friday at 9am.

Leonard Cohen
Liverpool Echo Arena
Tuesday 14th July 2009

To book tickets click here:
http://www.seetickets.com/aeglive/?c=386352

Note how it says "one off date"
caz

Post by caz »

I've been lurking for a while around the site too (though I've been an LC fan for much, much longer) and also just wanted to say thanks to Jarkko for all the helpful information - couldn't get last year at all so I'm absolutely thrilled. Also to say I've really enjoyed my lurking: this is a great site but I've never quite felt confident enough to post anything before (except for a snippet about the Biography Channel which incidentally still is showing the LC programme as "coming soon").

Anyway - thanks again.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Wendy 50 Michael Jackson dates to choose from and I picked this one. I thought the date looked familar when I saw Leonard's concert date come up and then it clicked :cry:
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Pete

Post by Pete »

Paula wrote:Wendy 50 Michael Jackson dates to choose from and I picked this one. I thought the date looked familar when I saw Leonard's concert date come up and then it clicked :cry:
Paula
Don't fret...due to the phenomenal success last year at the Matlock Bandstand show, Leonard is returning there. He's just waiting to see which dates are suitable for the two of us...
Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Thank you once again Jarkko for letting us know about the pre-sales. I've got 2 for Liverpool, not as close to the front as I would like, but at least it's Leonard AGAIN!!

I've also booked a room at the Albert Dock Premier Inn. I've stayed there before when I've been to shows at the Summer Pops. It's a perfectly acceptable box to spend the night at and has the advantage of being within walking distance of the Liverpool Arena.

I know it's early to speculate, but I wonder if there'll be many or any changes to the set list from last autumn's tour.

Paula what a b****r having a Michael Jackson show the same day! Of all the shows he's doing at the O2, it has to be that particular day.
sensei_deano

Re: PRESALE TO LIVERPOOL BEGINS ON MARCH 24

Post by sensei_deano »

I went to see Leonard for the first time at the MEN arena in November and it was one of the most special concerts I have ever had the pleasure to attend. I have just got a couple of tickets for me and my girlfriend at Liverpool, block C row Y which will hopefully provide a good view of the concert. It will be nice to be able to get a cab home too, with me being a scouser and all ;-) Not seeing Jacko until Feb 2010 here, but very grateful to get tickets for two of the finest (though very different) artists ever to draw breath :D
Paula

Post by Paula »

Pete it is my fault I did not give Leonard my dates :lol:

Sensei - I was pleased to get early dates for MJ too in case he never made it to the end of his tour :lol:
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Paula - come to your senses! (this may be Leonard's last ever UK show). It cannot be too difficult to sell/exchange MJ tickets.

All good things, John E

P.S. I'm assuming your post is not some sort of in-joke or wind up!
sensei_deano

Post by sensei_deano »

Yes Paula I would have preferred an earlier date if possible, the picture of Jacko a few days ago complete with mask did set a few alarm bells ringing I have to say ;-) Hope you are able to see both Leonard and MJ somehow :)
philw2008

Post by philw2008 »

Do we really think this a 'one-off' show? Is this the sort of thing they often say and then announce other dates?

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”