Leonard Cohen gigs Cologne and Berlin confirmed!

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Actually

Re: Leonard Cohen gigs Cologne and Berlin confirmed!

Post by Actually »

Yep, they're back on sale... And it's called "exclusive presale", whatever that means...
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

How exciting!

Hopefully some more dates will be announced soon!
faithfully

A gig in Colmar maybe?

Post by faithfully »

I guess there will be also a gig in Switzerland this summer. But where? Montreux Jazz Festival for sure NOT as he was there last year.

Maybe in the Arena of Avenches??? Or any other idea?

It would be great if Leonard would be in this year's program of COLMAR WINE FESTIVAL (Foire aux Vins), that is near Strasbourg (France) or Freiburg im Breisgau, (Germany) and also Basel (1 hour). It is very likely! Last year, there was Neil Young and Alanis Morissette and in 2005 Iggy Pop...so why not Lenny?

The Colmar Wine Festival takes place in August, and this year from August 7 - 16.

What do the others thing about this presumption? Ok not really a presumption but it could be possible as he does a lotta Festivals!
Flash Pan Hunter

Post by Flash Pan Hunter »

faithfully wrote: Really hope he also will do a gig (or even more) in Switzerland again! Do you think so?
Who knows?
faithfully

Post by faithfully »

Or later on, in November, at the AVO Session in Basel???

You can dig in the archive to see who was there - pretty high levelled stars!

F***, I missed Ray Charles!

http://www.avo.ch
Attachments
basel.jpg
basel.jpg (53.79 KiB) Viewed 4007 times
loulou

Post by loulou »

Re: Getgo, there was a programme on the radio (BBC Radio 4) this morning which discussed this company. I understand from that it is a secondary reseller and owned/set up by AEG Live (LC tour people). Companies like AEG have lobbied to make secondary reselling (basically professional tout outfits) illegal, but not been successfull. These tout outfits usually sell the tickets hugley inflated prices minutes after the sales started and sometimes even at pre-sale stages (not ot be confused with conmen though who do not have the tickets in hand and often take peoples money and deliver nothing). The story on the radio was that AEG Live then started getgo to get a slice of the inflated price action.

Having said that though, the prices for Berlin via the getgo link which Actually provided, look like normal prices to me.

Just be aware folks though that not everyone is who they seem in the word of ticket sales ! There is a lot of legalised profiteerign going on (search for some of the UK ticketmaster threads from last summer if you want to know about this murky world....).
desire the horse
depression the cart
loulou

Post by loulou »

p.s. Actually, respect re : the one and only late Lee Hazlewood, who is sadly missed (I saw his last London show at the RFH Southbank and was in tears at the end, as it was so clear that it would be the last time...) - must go and put something by him on now ! :D
desire the horse
depression the cart
crystal

Post by crystal »

I can't believe it - I was once more too late. Row 12 - not too bad, last year I had row 8 and it was great.
Although I would have liked to see Marianne as well.
Anyway, I am just so happy!
christel
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

da2008 wrote:That would mean no break between the North Amwerican and the European tours? Crazy.
A whole month? From the beginning of June to the beginning of July?

A short break but they must think they can cope with it.

W
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Eventim is the official and authorized seller in Germany. They have sent out a circular email today to all their clients and started to sell the tickets
to Berlin and Cologne. The ticket info is on their website at
http://www.eventim.de/cgi-bin/tickets.h ... en&x=0&y=0
Looks like Eventim started - again, just like last year! - ahead of schedule, before the summer itinerary has been confirmed by the tour
management, but according to what we have heard today, people who want to see these concerts can take action now.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

If they haven't already... I mean, say "Cohen Concert in Germany" and I'll buy anything! Almost... What people could sell me that way if they wanted is incredible! ;-)
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
IMAFAN

Post by IMAFAN »

YES !!!!

Innenraum Bl. 102 Reihe: 8 Platz: 3
Heike

Post by Heike »

Hi everyone,

This is just incredible - Leonard Cohen will be playing in my hometown in the summer :D :D :D !
I have a feeling that this year is getting even better than last year.

Henning and Womanfromaroom, and everyone else who will be coming along - if you need help with setting up a meeting, let me know!

Happy regards from Cologne 8) ,
Heike
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

Welcome, Heike happy ! :D
I greet you
and all friends !

jeremek
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Faithfully,

This is several hours after everything started but I have to say that you have to be the most adrenalin pumped poster in the history of the Forum! 8) Within an hour or so you managed 20 posts, about 6 photos and asked Jarkko who he was! :lol:

The audacity of the young! I won't say ignorant because you certainly are NOT, but it was quite delightful to read your wealth of posts re the Cologne/Berlin gigs. I think you took the breath away from some of the "old-timers", even though they are not really old-timers. You were a hurricane of fresh air!

Stay with the Forum please. I think we will all welcome your input. And in the meantime, enjoy every concert you can! :D

Welcome, and thanks for a day of smiles!

All the best,
Diana

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”