Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Box_of_Rain

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by Box_of_Rain »

Website are very strange. I've heard a lot of people don't post because it's kind of brutal out there. I'm not talking about here in this forum but about forums in general. It's easy to get misunderstood. I always like to hope for the best, that everyone really has the best intensions, and all that. So, I'm just hoping for the best here, and try to believe it's not what it seems.

PS...Icon...What's your name? I love your new idea, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Box_of_Rain wrote:because it's kind of brutal out there

Who has been brutal.
Box_of_Rain wrote:I'm just hoping for the best here, and try to believe it's not what it seems
What does it seem?

You make it sound like there is some sort of civil war going on.

I do wish I lived some of your lives when a couple of words about the colour of a font turn into brutal behaviour and some sort of implied conspiracy. Do you live your life in a ball of cotton wool?
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
kwills

Post by kwills »

There is a war
Between the black and pink,
There is a war
So change your ink!

;-)
Last edited by kwills on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Manchester 19th June/Cardiff 8th Nov
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

IB--please stop this silliness.

Every one of the 10,000 members on this Forum ( maybe a handful of exceptions), posts in black, BECAUSE IT IS EASIER TO READ!!

Could you show your creativy in a less controversial way....you would would a lot more respect that way.

Leonard from Montreal....same name...same town...no Golden Voice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
Cate

Post by Cate »

:lol:

Iconoclastic you have chosen your name well.

Welcome to the forum.

Cate

Post by Box_of_Rain »

Do I live my life in a ball of cotton wool?

That's interesting. I'm not sure what it means. I'll think about it and have to get back with you on that.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Box no need to think you have answered the question.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Cate wrote:.
:lol:

Iconoclastic you have chosen your name well.

Welcome to the forum.

Cate

Leonard from Montreal.....same name....same town....no Golden Voice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

I can't decide if there is just something either very right or very wrong with the world when all that bothers some people is the colour of the font of a post on a forum. Wow.
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

8) That's a good way of putting it, burningviolin :cry: . Can't decide which, either. Though, I tend to think of soldiers hearing from home on their in-the-field laptops. Can't imagine a single complaint. Reading through this thread, I've laughed, been puzzled, felt kinda bad, and said to myself "awwwww" ~ of course, with my coming from the land of emoticon thingys, I think some here would've been over the moon had I only JUST written in pink :lol: . It does make it a little harder to read, though, and with our differing sensitivities, it may be harder on some eyes than others. Not so much with mine. Still, there seems a real meanness of expression of various views, in an over-the-top way, all things considered. Now, it's not my preference, either. I wonder how it'll all end up.

So, IB, can we just call you Pink for short? [By the way, just for the record, we're used to plenty of 'colour' here in our views and expression of them :roll: ;-) .]

Welcome to the Forum :D .

~ Lizzy

[Edited to put colour in its proper context, as 'colour' ~ and to pluralize view to views.]
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

How will it end? Oh my gosh, do we have to keep going on? Can't we please drop the subject?! This war game stuff is fun and everything, but I just prefer the white, billowy, soft stuff that surrounds me, it's so cuddley and warm! If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?! ...

Hey you guys, check out my blog on the Beacon show if interested...I just posted it on myspace...

Cheers!
Iconoclastic_Bitch

Post by Iconoclastic_Bitch »

Thanks for the welcome Cate : ) And thank you to LadyDi and BoxofRain for being so nice. Burningviolin, I agree with you totally. Lizzy: how about Pinky? lol That's cute, and thank you for the welcome.

Boxie, I just finished reading the blog you linked to, it's fantastic. I love the 5th paragraph where you describe the theatre and your feelings about the night. It's beautiful and gets me even more excited about my upcoming concert. I'm listening to the "Live From Beacon" audio right now, thanks for that.

Anyways, I'm posting to say that I'm not responding to this thread any further. The thread is meant to allow newcomers to introduce themselves. I would imagine that new people reading this will find it a little off putting and might not feel comfortable about making an intro, for fear of being raked over the coals..lol

Have a great weekend everyone!
Leonard Cohen is my soulmate.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Box you have some amazing pictures on your myspace. Really beautiful.

I have no idea how to find the blog I don't use Myspace because I find of the colour of the pages too much it can be hard to decipher the words. So could you point me in the right direction for the blog
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

Oh Paula!

My page is a little complicated, the blog stuff is on the far right at the top. You might have to scroll over to find it.

Here's a link to the exact blog page
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =474926750
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Denise,

Your LC blog sucked me in just like an LC concert - it was wonderful!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “Comments & Questions”