"Leonard Cohen Live in London" > DVD & 2CD (April 2009)

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
paddieu

Re: Leonard Cohen Live in London

Post by paddieu »

great to have that confirmed Tom :)
Irish22

Leonard Cohen's 'Live In London' available March 31st

Post by Irish22 »

Leonard Cohen's new release 'Live In London' will be available March 31st in CD and DVD formats at Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.ca In Canada. (not sure about other countries but probably the same)
Give me back my broken night ....
skipper1967

Re: Fredricton DVD? Lapresse article

Post by skipper1967 »

jarkko wrote:The BluRay disc will not be another release of the London 02 concert but some sort of "Best of the tour". However, it will be on sale much later.

Now there is some really exciting news,

A Best of will be near impossible to complie.

I saw some Australian shows and was totally blown away. It amazes me how many people attend one show and think they have seen a "special" Leonard show. What they don't seem to realise that all the shows are special. Leonard is no ordinary performer, he is The Best.

Lets hope we get a nice version of all the songs not included on Live In London such as Chelsea Hotel, The Partisan, and Famous Blue Raincoat.

Pete
Australia
MarcD

Re: "Leonard Cohen Live in London" - DVD & 2CD - April 2009

Post by MarcD »

It amazes me how many people attend one show and think they have seen a "special" Leonard show.
I saw him in Montreal, and I can't imagine leaving the theatre and thinking anything else. I have yet not been so lucky to go to another show (perhaps I'll get tickets for Ottawa), but hearing that he is that good every night is no small claim. A "best of" will certainly be a must have!
captrone

Post by captrone »

Friends,
There just may be a more devoted, passionate and appreciative Leonard Cohen fan somewhere out there...but I think not.
I have been listening, loving, reading, playing and zealously championing Leonard since the mid 60's. I consider as one of my greatest achievements the fact that I have been able by sheer force of my love for the man and his music, to bridge the music generation void between fathers and sons...having turned each of my four sons, ages 39, 30, 21 and 17 on to the music and magic of this eloquent and oh-so-wise singer/songwriter. And now they are as rabid and committed in their esteem of Leonard as I am. Somehow all problems, misunderstandings, disappointments and beefs are suspended and even transcended whenever we
listen to or discuss LC...He's our man...THE MAN.
So......we are posting this little tribute among all the others on this site and hoping that someone out there will be able to assist us in our efforts to secure tickets to his show at the Copley Symphony Hall in San Diego, CA April 7th. I have already booked passage with my wife and son and should be hooking up with my 2 sons who live in the San Diego area. We are all hoping and praying and have our fingers crossed . So if anyone out there has any comments , suggestions or advice please feel free to respond to this post. We would greatly appreciate the help.
Till later..." ring the bells that still can ring".... Capt Rone
David Blackman

Post by David Blackman »

Great news about the album and DVD I was at the O2 that July evening it was so near to being a perfect gig. To sit and relive it again is so magical . With all the gloom and doom re jobs,and everything else I can at least for a few moments lose myself in time with Leonard one more time. :lol: :D
karlbk1

Post by karlbk1 »

I seems so long ago...but I hope to see him again, in Austin or Berlin...so let's play another boys, this one has NOT grown old and bitter
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

David Blackman wrote:.... I was at the O2 that July evening it was so near to being a perfect gig. ...
I think everyone would say that about the concert they attended.

I can't see that London O2 would be any better than in city A, B or C as I'm sure the team make sure that all audiences will have a great time being at the concert.
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright »

Hi Lizzy,
This is wonderful news, A DVD at last. My dreams are answered........

Georges.
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

:D
It is simply beautiful ! ... particularly that I wanted so much to be 17.07.08 in London. It failed. Long I thought, how to change it. I regretted. I finally made up my mind and I went to Loerrach. It was in Loerrach beautifully. This way, just like everywhere else from Leonard. However I thought continuously of lost London. From London I already earlier knew about this DVD. But still I cannot believe I will see it is THIS CONCERT.
There is no such concert whom I wouldn't like to see. But the very was so close. For the millimetre...

"Leonard Cohen Live in London" - DVD & 2CD - April 2009

I thank everyone who contributed to it.

I am greeting all friends
jeremek
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

jeremek

Post by jeremek »

Jarkko, explain please...

All messages on the website /written through the "osmachar" / and the side www E-MPIK Poland are false, truth ?

Web page E-MPIK Poland is showing the CD and the DVD as the advance booking (pre-sale).

It is this two links : http://www.empik.com/live-in-london-muz ... d8120002,p
http://www.empik.com/live-in-london-muz ... d8120004,p

Whether that's all are these pirate recordings ? In Poland an Empik is an official, legal company (The large distributor and the publisher ). The DVD is supposed to appear March/April- yes ? With which miraculously in Poland it is possible already to buy ? Amazon - everyone knows that there are fakes there. But an Empik is a commercial shop the country (not only in Internet). Is the DVD already in the official sale in some countries ?

I don't want and I cannot buy the fraud, :oops:
I am calling for help
worried fan
margaret

Post by margaret »

Jeremek,

These are the official recordings. The discs will be released at the end of March. All those companies will not get them before then, but you can order the discs now and they will post them to you when are available.
RainDog1980

Post by RainDog1980 »

Are the DVD and CD being sold separately?

I was under the impression it was a 2 CD/DVD set.
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

margaret wrote:Jeremek,

These are the official recordings. The discs will be released at the end of March. All those companies will not get them before then, but you can order the discs now and they will post them to you when are available.

Thank you, Margaret.
I hope that everything is in order. It seemed to me that it was too early for the submission of orders. But really, these companies may want to know what will be the demand.

friendly greetings :)
jeremek

Return to “News”