CONCERT REPORT: Stockholm, October 15

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MarianneP

CONCERT REPORT: Stockholm, October 15

Post by MarianneP »

I was not there , but I found this .
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=o5sHSn9FKVc

Marianne
MarianneK

Re: Stockholm October 15

Post by MarianneK »

I was there so happy that I had the luck to see him again. The concert was magic and Leonard made a atmosphere as we nearly sat in his livingroom. He is still the best and his poesi have no age.

Another Marianne
courage

Post by courage »

The Stockholm concert gave more. (then the one in Gothenburg). It started very "low" and then excellated to a higer point than in Gothenburg. Cohen seemed to be more happy. The hat was off more often. The stadion is huge - but it seemed to be more intimate than you should expect.

One thing - on the Stockholm concert - people were mor eager to run a round and take picture. I did not see that - but I saw a man running back and force - that was the guard who told them to sit down. They said it was for security.

Globen is a huge stadion, bigger than Scandinavium in Gothenburg. It took a time to find the way to the seat. If you went wrong - you have to go up and down again in another door.

Almost the same setlist - I think the last song (from the Gothenburg list) was not done - just a few word after the second last. I have not a complete setlist yet. (too busy at work)

Another thing - newspaper - In Gothenburg - the head paper http://www.gp.se - had an article the day after. No one had anything on the first page. http://www.sve.se - have now an article published this afternoon (the day after) http://www.svd.se/kulturnoje/scen/artik ... lecomments
(in swedish).
The free paper city had an article.

A "funny" story. I met a couple - maybe just under the 30. HE had bought two tickets - (on the floor - very near the scen. She was invited in this the very same day. She had never heard about him before. I did never get any comment - since we did not met.
19xx - Göteborg
2008 - Got 12 Oct, Sto 15 Oct, CPH 17 Oct, Ham 31 Oct.
2009 - Cologne, Berlin,
2010 - Göteborg
2012 Copenhagen, Alborg, Göteborg
2013 Stockholm, Oslo - August
HansL

Post by HansL »

Hi all,
We, Elisabet and Hans, where in Globen last night. It was a fantastic evening, thanks Leonard and all of the crew, in a crowded arena. It looked as all seats were taken. Compared to the Helsingborg-gig in July, this was different. The feeling was a bit tighter in H-borg, although this might be because the "first-time impression", but on the other hand we noticed that the Webb sisters (back-up vocals) really did a show-off here in Globen. But all this are minor to the absolutely total experience to once again see the Maestro and his band do all these unforgettable musical poems. They really hit you deep in your mind and in your heart.

Thank you, Leonard Cohen, and please come back!
courage

Post by courage »

Film?
When looking and listen to the concert in Globen, I saw someone (no I only saw the camera) with a big camera standing between the audience and the sceen, And it was not just in the beginning. I did not see that in Scandinavium. Is it normal or can we expect something coming out of that.
19xx - Göteborg
2008 - Got 12 Oct, Sto 15 Oct, CPH 17 Oct, Ham 31 Oct.
2009 - Cologne, Berlin,
2010 - Göteborg
2012 Copenhagen, Alborg, Göteborg
2013 Stockholm, Oslo - August

Post by 1128 »

Anyone, help me! I was in this marvellous concert in Globen, Leonard quoted a poem "For those who greeted me". I found the words, but unfortunately not exact the same lines. Does anyone have the words that L.C so innerly read, pleeze send them to this Forum. Thanks! / Kimmo
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

I went, I saw, I had one of the best nights of my life...
I wrote about it on my blog, where there's also a couple of rather blurry photos (I sat rather far from the stage but they turned out all right all things considered).

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”