Glasgow

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
rhona

Re: Glasgow

Post by rhona »

graham t wrote:Ticket master seem to be getting a bad rep. Used them this morning via a friend for the first time and manged to get two tkts for front circle . But no e mail confirmation as yet , though the transaction has gone through. Went directly to box office in Glasgow also and best i could get in person were rear circle . Havent been to the venue before but it is reasonably intimate. About 2500- 3000 i think.
Had pretty good seat at Edinburgh castle but couldnt miss the chance of indoor gig in Glasgow. Just nervous now about tickets disapearing in post or not arriving in time. Anyone else have expieriance of standard postal ticket service from ticketmaster ??
Thanks
gt

Yep - three or four times. Each time totally fine. I was a bit worried about my Manchester tickets but was assured that they would be there on time (they were) but that ticketmaster could sort out on day if necessary. I know the problems with TM but to be honest, my experience of them has been friendly and efficient. Can only call 'em as I see 'em!
Oh bless the continuous stutter of the word being made into flesh

2008 Manchester Opera House
2008 Clyde Auditorium/SECC Glasgow
2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
Ms.Bojangles

Post by Ms.Bojangles »

AAARRRGGGHHHH..... shit shit shit... you were right Cloudy.... SHIIIIIIIIT!!!
graham t

Post by graham t »

Thanks Rhonna , thats a bit more reassuring !! Thought goin direct to the box office in person might get me better tickets but tyhat wasnt the case. Got other tkts for friends but was have a slight panic about the postal service and the stressesof online tkt purchasing. Edinburgh tkts wereeasy to come by via tkt scotland in argyle street . Who it appears as yet have no ticket allocation. but are possibly awaiting some .
cheers gt
Paul Trotter

Post by Paul Trotter »

thursday now on sale at ticketbastard!
Jeemo

Post by Jeemo »

Is it just me or the tickets prices ridiculous :shock: .
I was at the Castle show and all in all it cost around £200 and it was great :D .
£75 a skull for the Armadillo is chancing it a bit. Yes, I know I dont have to buy and I wont.
I cant justify £150 plus £15 booking before arranging sitters and the like.
I am a big fan but to me this is just too dear, I hope you all enjoy it.
graham t

Post by graham t »

its pricey i agree. There are cheaper seats available at £65 n £45 n if you get em direct from box office theres no booking fee.
One thing i guess is that it is a long show in comparison to many other artists almost like 0ne and a half gigs in a way !.
Anyway i just went a bit mad and got front stalls tkts for 2nd night as well. Time to economise over next month or two !!!
rhona

Post by rhona »

Ms.Bojangles wrote:AAARRRGGGHHHH..... shit shit shit... you were right Cloudy.... SHIIIIIIIIT!!!

yep - me too. I've now bought about seven sets of tickets. Man, is my husband going to laugh... I've just rang SECC - Bojangles, what were you told???

2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
rhona

Post by rhona »

rhona wrote:
Ms.Bojangles wrote:AAARRRGGGHHHH..... shit shit shit... you were right Cloudy.... SHIIIIIIIIT!!!

yep - me too. I've now bought about seven sets of tickets. Man, is my husband going to laugh... I've just rang SECC - Bojangles, what were you told???

Oh 'phew - just as I posted that - got an email saying they would refund... great service there, and nice people to speak with.

2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
kerintom

Post by kerintom »

Hi everyone

Just visited SECC website and grabbed Front stall ticket row H for 5th Nov, at 15.28 :D

I had been offered Row M moments before.

Now someone will probably tell me Row H is hopeless.

Happy hunting
kerintom

6th November gig

Post by kerintom »

Hi

SECC Glasgow now offering tickets for the 6th November dates. Front stall tickets amongst others available available

Happy hunting
honeybee1403

Post by honeybee1403 »

Didn't know anything about this gig until I got home tonight. Thought I'd be too late but managed to get 3 tickets in stalls Row X for Thursday 6th from TM. Yes, it's pricey and yes the handling charge is ridiculous but having seen Leonard in Dublin and Edinburgh he's worth every penny!
graham t

Post by graham t »

Just relised ticketswere not bought from ticketmaster as i had first though but through ticketline . Anyone had any dealings with them and know them to be reliable ??
rhona

Post by rhona »

kerintom wrote:Hi everyone

Just visited SECC website and grabbed Front stall ticket row H for 5th Nov, at 15.28 :D

I had been offered Row M moments before.

Now someone will probably tell me Row H is hopeless.

Happy hunting

Hope not - that's where we are too!

2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
few cloudy

Post by few cloudy »

Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you, just logged back in now. I wouldn't panic if you have bought too many tix due to this mornings chaos. The SECC website was overloaded and they will refund you as this happens sometimes.

This gig, and the day after, will sell out I am certain. And some real fans will miss out due to being on hols, just didn't hear about it etc etc. Even if they do manage to get tix from ticketmaster or secc they might be poor seats now. We all know that huge numbers of tickets sold today will be to the touts, and are already available on ebay I'm sure.

If i had discovered that I had managed to (accidentally!) buy several more 'good' seats than I meant to, I would most def try to ensure that some of the poor souls that will be on this forum in 2 months time cursing their bad luck for missing out, had the chance to buy my extra ones at face value.

Just a thought. Glad you got your tix anyway. And I hope that all the above makes sense on reading!

fc

Edited as just checked ebay:- http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... en+glasgow
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

graham t wrote:Just relised ticketswere not bought from ticketmaster as i had first though but through ticketline . Anyone had any dealings with them and know them to be reliable ??
Ticketline is fine. I've bought from them before and the tickets came through safely, though they can be a bit slower as they have to wait and get their ticket allocations from Ticketmaster.

Van Morrison sites always give a link to Ticketline as the "official" online source for tickets.

Wendy

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”