Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
confetti

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by confetti »

liverpoolken wrote:
It looks like Tom Waits fans have more commonsense than yer average Leonard Cohen fan. I was lucky to get myself a ticket for one of Tom's Edinburgh Playhouse shows before they all went in the first half hour. All of Tom's shows have sold out except for the three nights in Dublin in a manky old tent in the middle of an expected rain soaked Phoenix Park.
Tom sold out all 3 shows on the first day young Ken, and not one ticket on ebay either, which was fantastic. Anyway it will not rain on the Leonard weekend, just not allowed.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Are they reallyyyyyyyyyy sold out... like Lens were? And then by some miracle more tickets appeared. You can tell me, I wont tell anyone. Promise ;-)
confetti

Post by confetti »

sometimes when people buy on the internet, and their card doesn't go through then the tickets are put back on sale again. Also if there are refunds for some reason, they would be put on again, or if the venue had held some back to sell and they didn't sell they would be put on ticketmaster, it doesn't always happen but with a lot of gigs there will be extra tickets put on sale, but ssshh don't tell anyone :D sorry for not finishing our conversation last night, had too much red (as usual)
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

Have faith in the non rain thing... come on people have faith. Im wanting to feel that faith... Positve thoughts, sunny Californian morning and all that. If it rains I will buy everyone a hot whisky after, promise. Oh and doubles for our brothers and sisters from cork :)
And if you dont recognise me, im very tall with red hair and a red beard :lol:
daka

Post by daka »

What's all this about the rain-anxiety? I don't understand! I would be anxious if Leonard and all the band had to play in the rain. To me, even if it rains that sound will be another Irish instrument, (like the harp of the Webb Sister), in the symphony, augmenting the divinely angelic Webb Sister's and Lama Leonard's holy crooning nicely. The Dublin concert would still be memorable and certainly quite unique.

It would actually be an un-Irish concert without a few drops... of whiskey and rain, no!?

Rain is regarded as a symbol of purification in Buddhsm, so it doesn't bother me at all.

I plan to be well- equipped....raingear, waterproof Irish cap, thermals, Arran sweater (monkish with hood), small umbrella, loads of patience.

Be prepared to fully delight in the ambience and the event itself.

(If the Buddhas let it rain it is only because we deserve it!).....(karma)

Séan
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan
lonndubh

Post by lonndubh »

BLUE SKIES -NOTHING BUT BLUE SKIES I SEE
BLUE SKIES SHINING ON ME
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
daka

Post by daka »

For all you rain-phobics......................

http://www.intellicast.com/local/weathe ... n=EIXX0014

Stop your worrying or you'll be manifesting weather that is unscheduled!!

The mind is a powerful thing, don't you know!? I have a DVD of the life of Milarepa (my avatar) which shows this in frightening graphic detail!!

Besides, you would be letting those Brits do even more damage with their scaremongering if you pay them any attention, thereby bringing down unscheduled bad weather on us all!!!!!!!

Séan
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan
damellon

Post by damellon »

I'm very tall with red hair and a red beard :lol:
Glad you told me this, Tiggs.
I thought you were a woman.
You're not, are you? :?
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
confetti

Post by confetti »

tiggs the bearded lady
Last edited by confetti on Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

Nope not even a bit... Just a tight northerner trying to get out of buying everyone a whiskey :) I had long flowing locks once upon a century though.. Ah the good old untidy hairy days :lol:
MFL

Post by MFL »

tiggs I have a wee photo of you after you drank all the whiskey at out last meet-up.
If you share this time, maybe the next photo will be more flattering ...
tiggs wrote:good old untidy hairy days
tiggs.jpg
tiggs.jpg (39.14 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
Marcie
daka

Post by daka »

Marcie

Now your creativity in the area of photographic expression has me very interested in your retired avatar. Don't tell me anything now! I can stand the suspense!

Séan

Paula

Post by Paula »

Love and kisses to Damellon and Daka. This is why I love this forum people go the extra mile for you.

See you on Saturday looking forward to it. I love the rain.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

MFL... thank you so very much ... never have I laughed so many since I were a small children :lol: :lol: :lol:
MFL

Post by MFL »

Happy Birthday, tiggs.
Have a great day. :D
Marcie

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”