Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
fisherinbelfast

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by fisherinbelfast »

I can't run no more
with that lawless crowd
while the killers in high places
say their prayers out loud.
But they've summoned, they've summoned up
a thundercloud
and they're going to hear from me.
MFL

Post by MFL »

tiggs wrote:Well im glad thats all worked out :)
Now where was I, oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINDERELLA... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to MFL's son as well . Hell while im at it, happy birthday to me next week :D
So tiggs it's next week, When's your birthday.. :?: :?:
Marcie
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

Sunday the 8th, thank you for that.. I had almost forgot cause Im very old you know :lol: Might take myself down to Dublin next week for a wee treat, wonder if theres anything good on :)
MFL

Post by MFL »

tiggs wrote:I had almost forgot cause Im very old you know
You shouldn't have said that, Red Poppy will send the big black taxi your way..

Have a lovely weekend, a wee treat this weekend, Why not.....emm

But aren't you getting a Big treat in Dublin the following weekend. Or had you forgotten that also.. :lol: :lol:
Marcie
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

Thats what I meant :)
I hear theres some canadian singer on who they say is pretty good, might give that a go :lol:
See you in the brazen head..
MFL

Post by MFL »

tiggs wrote:Thats what I meant
OF COURSE IT IS... We belive you.. ;-) ;-)

See you then. :lol: :lol:
Marcie
daka

Post by daka »

Daka -
you write:

"Yes Fisher,
But he's a brave little lad
(perhaps a little foolish and outspoken)
To be playing
With the likes of us
After what the likes of them
Did to the likes of us."

Some questions -
How does this sit with your avowed religious beliefs?
Who are "them" and who are "us"?
How does your opinion sit with the murders of the two British soldiers stripped and left naked on a Good Friday afternoon - just another atrocity in a series of atrocities committed on ALL sides against ALL sides?
What exactly do you know about Irish history, beyond reciting verses and singing songs?
Hello William

You made an excellent point .. 'how does this sit with your religious beliefs?'

As you probably well know Buddhists are supposed to maintain a mind of equanimity...towards all people and all races/countries. I work hard at this. I am not a Buddha yet, and sometimes I fall short. I must admit in all honesty that Great Britain gives me many opportunities to practice patience and tolerance and forgiveness. I spend around a month of every year in the UK and the British experience directs me nicely to areas that require some spiritual work, and I do appreciate this.

Regarding Irish history I do not know much, apart from reading very few authors, Shaw, Brendan Behan, O'Casey, Synge, Joyce. I never went to school in Ireland. I have spent a few years living in Ireland but don't even have an Irish accent.

I can tell you a little story from my family, which is personal history. One of my grandfather's relatives was dispossessed. He was allowed to stay on as a serf. he had two sons. One day the usurping aristocratic land-owner passed him on the path and chatted a bit, asking him how things were going. My relative made a few comments about his two sons being a little indolent of late. When he arrived back at his humble abode he saw his two sons hanging from a tree.

The 'Boys' (IRA) heard about the crime and put a bullet through his head through a window one night. I am sure many people paid a price for that revenge.

The Wind That Shakes The Barley is a good movie to portray that era of Irish history. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. I saw it with my 85 year old father a few years ago in Castlebar. He was a bit shaken by the movie because it showed a horrible consequence of the British invasion, the pitting of patriotic and devoted groups of Irishmen against each other in a fight to the death.

Regarding your point about religious beliefs and murder, this is a very complicated issue. Of course murder is not permitted. But did you ever hear the story about Buddha murdering a fellow who intended to murder 500 merchants, in order to interfere with his karmic drama? Buddhas are actually beyond all those rules because their motivation is always pure. Another interesting point is the comment made by Leonard Cohen during his interview with that Norwegian 'Angel'. She asked him about this issue and he said he was not a pacifist. You don't get more spiritual or more Buddhist than Lama Leonard! If you do not have access to that DVD let me know and I will bring a copy for you to Dublin.

I am looking forward to chatting in Dublin. But please, if Fisher is there don't wind him up! I don't think he is a Buddhist!

Sean
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan
fisherinbelfast

Post by fisherinbelfast »

very well said daka . and your right i am not a buddist , i spent a few hours in a tent with hari krisnas at slane in 1984 does that count lol. i was born into a r.c family and i went through all the sarcrements etc but i became disillussioned with it all at a young age. willie would surely wind me up ( to his cost lol ) but i sometimes tend to treat obnoxous english men like i do orange parades i just ignore them. ten or so years ago mind you i,d probably have shot him :lol:

willie has set out to upset anyone irish in this forum , wrong move willie very wrong move . one thing the irish always remain and that is unbowed and unbroken.
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

If theres any arguing or fighting or falling out on the trip to the big smoke, you will go over my knee, all three of ye.
An there will be no sweets on the way home neither :)
MFL

Post by MFL »

tiggs wrote:If theres any arguing or fighting or falling out on the trip to the big smoke, you will go over my knee, all three of ye.
An there will be no sweets on the way home neither :)
I've been really good, Willie has made me almost bite my fingers off to stop from typing unsaint like things... Do I get sweets ??

Thank You Daka, I think you'll reach your goal.
fisherinbelfast wrote:willie has set out to upset anyone Irish in this forum , wrong move willie very wrong move . one thing the Irish always remain and that is unbowed and unbroken.
Well said Fisher.
fisherinbelfast wrote:i sometimes tend to treat obnoxous english men like i do orange parades i just ignore them.
I do belive this is the only way to deal with Willie.
Marcie
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

Course you get sweets :)
My list is getting longer. Sausage supper, pickled beetroot, sweets ( rubarb and custard flavoured of course ) and passport. Gosh i hope I dont forget anything :)
You will notice I have left out rain gear.. Dublin on the 14th is gonna be like a sunny northern californian morning :)
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

How's the weather for the thirteenth Tiggs?
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

Strong breeze from the north and showers :-) Only joking...
Hope it good on the friday as well... Positive thinking is the key.
On saying that, if he walks on the stage and theres a blizzard, it will still be like a sunny californian morning to me :-)
confetti

Post by confetti »

tiggs wrote: You will notice I have left out rain gear.. Dublin on the 14th is gonna be like a sunny northern californian morning :)
it has to be tiggs, i don't mind cold but rain..... i am not sure if i can cope.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

Wouldn you think there would a long range weather forcast of some sort :) By the way, loved the Cohen mug on myspace. Where did you get it or did you do a blue peter an make it yourself :)

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”