Guardian/Manchester Thursday gig...

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
greenfeld69

Post by greenfeld69 »

Hi all

Is there any further news on this date? Can we make this a sticky thread to keep it at the top for updates?

Just a thought...

Thanks.

Steve
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

From the "Files" :

"The Guardian newspaper sells the tickets on April 4"

No idea how, but let's keep an eye out!
Davido

Re: Guardian/Manchester Thursday gig...

Post by Davido »

Hello, Jeremy! Nice to see you here!
Have you worn out the Jools dvd?
Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Hi Dave! The DVD has done sterling work since you very kindly passed it on all that time ago and, as you can probably imagine, is working overtime at the moment. Like a lot of people here, I'd given up all hope of seeing the man in concert (I was drawn to him as a result of, and therefore after, his London concerts in 1993 and the Jools Holland show he appeared on at the same time).

We've got tickets for Edinburgh (hope you've got some, for somewhere?) and are absolutely made up about that. My partner and I also have Polish "form," having taught English in Warsaw some years ago, and the only thing left in life is to see him perform there too. Still hoping the new dates will oblige....

For the benefit of anyone else looking in here - Dave answered my plea on this website two years ago for a copy of a 1993 "Later with Jools Holland" show which I'd lost in tragic circumstances, and which showed Leonard in conversation, plus singing The Future, Democracy and Dance Me to the End of Love. He transferred it from video to DVD, printed a jewel case cover and posted it all off to me - ignoring two requests from me to know how I could thank/reimburse him. He is, in short, a total gent!
stan

Post by stan »

Hi Jeremy
It would be great if we all had friends like Dave,he sounds like a one in a million.
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
brokenhill

Post by brokenhill »

Back to topic. Anyone found out anymore about this Guardian offer?
Still reliving every second of:1970 Isle of Wight, 1985 Birmingham, 2008 Manchester OH , Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Birmingham, 2009 Liverpool and ................ :o)
brokenhill

Post by brokenhill »

The question was answered here.............
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10426&st=0&sk=t&sd ... 10#p113037
Still reliving every second of:1970 Isle of Wight, 1985 Birmingham, 2008 Manchester OH , Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Birmingham, 2009 Liverpool and ................ :o)
jondi

Post by jondi »

Not too sure if this will help but the Palace Theatre on Oxford Road in Manchester seems to have a Ticketmaster sales office not sure if that will help but it might
Deena

Post by Deena »

Good luck with the Guardian 'happening' tomorrow everyone! Let's hope the dreamers rise above the men of action...
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

I bought the Guardian today to check out the advertising for tomorrow's sale (4 April), and found a whole page ad in G2. No other info, only '1600 tickets up for grabs' in Manchester - not even the date of the concert given (but we know, don't we??)

May all of us who want tickets for this concert get 'em!! I hope the Guardian is NOT selling them through Ticketmaster.
elljay

Post by elljay »

I don't know where the Guardian comes into it any more but the Ticketmaster website says tickets go on sale Friday at 10am - all very confusing!!
yhtrownu

Post by yhtrownu »

elljay, Well spotted. Ticketmaster will obviously be processing the sales for the Guardian.

At a guess, the Guardian will contain a password which you will need to enter into a promotional code box on the Ticketmaster website to purchase tickets, and the Tickets will go on sale at 10am, and be sold out by 10.05am. Oh my goodness! :shock: Good luck all!
Manchester, June 18 2008
Manchester, June 19 2008
London O2, July 17 2008
London O2, November 14 2008
Royal Albert Hall, November 17 2008
Mercedes Benz World, Weybridge, July 11 2009
jondi

Post by jondi »

The Film and Music section of the Guardian is printed in advance so if anyone has a contact then they could post it. I'll try and get it early and post an password or pocess on here so those`overseas can have a chance too.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

From Jim Devlin:
i've just been out to get the Guardian; page 2 of the Film/TV section gives the advice on the tickets;
they all go on sale @ 10am this morning; via a phone number 0844 847 2415 , quoting the code MIFGNM
or the website http://www.mif.co.uk, again entering the code MIFGNM
or the Palace Theatre Box Office, holding a copy of The Guardian in your hand.
I've just phoned [!!] the 0844 number, and got through to Ticketmaster, and after all the preamble recorded stuff, actually then spoke to a real humanoid ... who told me all the above about the website and/or the phone and/or the Box Office ... but nothing is on sale until 10am he repeated, several times. And restricted to 4 per household; ticket prices are £75 and £50
i checked a couple of Guardians, and the code was the same.
brokenhill

Post by brokenhill »

Excellent to see that folks here appreciate we are not all equally capable of obtaining the thing. Shame the Grauniad isn't similarly aware. A million thankyous Jarkko & Jim

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”