Where's Leonard Cohen nowadays?

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Sideways

Where's Leonard Cohen nowadays?

Post by Sideways »

does anyone know where he is these days. I read somewhere that he became a priest for a while and was on "retreat up a mountain"! I know he must be well into his 80's by now but i can't help dreaming how great it would be if he ever came back to music and dumped the religion thing

love

Sue
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
Rachel

Re: Leonard Cohen

Post by Rachel »

Hi Sue,

To the best of my knowledge, Cohen is currently still waiting for a letter from Hank Williams.

Best,
Rachel
johnny7moons

Post by johnny7moons »

That's odd, Sideways - I heard he was locked in a kitchen somewhere. Possibly tied to the table.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

My understanding is that he was still monitoring the meter on her bed until he got stuck in this traffic jam.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
jill

Post by jill »

Don't you know that he got tired of sitting there waiting for the miracle to come, woke up at four in the morning, and decided to schedule a world wide tour .

Jill
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

I sense some of you are being flippant which is a not inconsiderable shame. I feel there is no hope of getting Leonard down from the mountain unless we all show how keen we are for him to get back into music, lay down a few tracks, and then one day, perhaps on his forthcoming 90th Birthday, even PLAY LIVE again!
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Can we be sure he's not building a little house deep in the desert? Wherever :D , I'm sure he likes where he's living.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

I have 8 front row seats to The Ice Show Extravaganza at the O2 in London. Although Leonard Cohen himself will not be appearing, I am reliably informed that several of the dancers will be singing Hallelujah if they don't break a leg.

Sensible offers over $5,000 please.

Silly offers over $7,500 will also be considered

Special Hospitality packages priced at only $600 extra are also available to include

1 used bus ticket, a carton of orange juice, an apple, a cheese sandwich (white bread only) and the Free London Evening Paper (called "The Free London Evening Paper") *

* please note that all of these items are subject to capricious and arbitrary exclusion
damellon

Post by damellon »

Sideways - this is like a treasure hunt. When first spotted, this message was in the Members' Poetry section, then in the Swap, Steal or Make-a-profit-on-tickets section, now it's here. Had a Red Bull or two?
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I haven't managed to purchase a ticket for the Leonard Cohen tour yet. Your prices seem reasonable and certainly fall well within the range of what I would quite happily pay to see someone singing Hallelujah. I am concerned by your mention of caprice and arbit, however, and unable to provide "The Free London Evening Paper", although I could substitute a free newspaper from another region of the UK if that would be acceptable. May I say, I find the Londoncentricity of your original offer rather unendearing. It is time that people realised that very comparable rags are published outside of the capital. This might be a good opportunity for you to paddle in the parochial waters and sample the delights of the "Manchester Evening News" for example, which is also free and often used to line and/or insulate the floors of our busses.

With the best will in the world,
Rachel
William

Post by William »

What a fascinating post!
William
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Isn't it? I thought so! It made me wonder what Leonard Cohen was up to all day. I'm still wondering actually.
William

Post by William »

He's possibly up to no good.
Or not up at all, lying in bed, wondering why he's bothered playing to .....
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Yes I think so. 'Up to good' isn't a concept, after all. Although no, probably not up at all: that's more likely.
William

Post by William »

Fascinating

Return to “Comments & Questions”