Manchester shows

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Ms.Bojangles

Re: Manchester shows

Post by Ms.Bojangles »

Yeah, I've read all the stuff about the Guardian, but it seems a bit strange to reserve a whole night for Guardian readers only ?

I have a feeling ticketmaster are holding back the tickets - partly because of the Guardian but I'm sure there will be more available at some point.
iknowitsover

Post by iknowitsover »

What IS all that LIVE CARD nonsense???
Does anyone here have one? How do we get one?
Is somebody out there (maybe in the government ) dreaming bhese things up just to make life chuffing difficult for decent law abiding Leonard Cohen fans???

I get in there at 9.54 and tickets are available, but only with a password.... come on... who's getting all these privileges? No wonder there are never any tickets to choose from within 2 minutes of any online ticket sale.

YET WAIT... go to Ebay and there are all the good seats at inflated prices.
It's a conspiracy I tell you...

That's it!!!!! It's only scummy ticket touts who have a Live Card (whatever that is).

I think the stress of the waiting and the ticket buying has finally sent me over the edge. Think I'd better listen to some LC to calm me down.

Is that where TLC comes from I wonder.

Oh I did get some for Wednesday in the circle.... so job done... but it's no way to spend your life :-)
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Yes... it's been a mad few days (especially today...) BUT, I think we're the lucky ones, with seats at the best UK venue... I could have got tickets for Dublin (12,000 outdoors...) or the O2 (bloody big shed), but waited (& sweated) on Manchester... a small theatre venue... I'm so happy! Done no work all week because I was panicking.. doing no work now because I'm mildly delirious... roll on June!
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Ms.Bojangles

Post by Ms.Bojangles »

Just had a swatch on ebay there - I'm sickened!

Also stressed... I'm late for work now. Finally managed to get a ticket for the circle, Wed night too (though friday would've suited far better if anyone's interested in a swap) so see you there!

Right - I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date....
frankiecrisp

Post by frankiecrisp »

That was painless stalls row V for wed 18th. :D
yousef_mcr

Post by yousef_mcr »

Thrilled to say that I got Wednesday stalls tickets, and all it took was a three-hour wait in the bitter Manchester cold...

Plus a 5:30am drive-by, just to make sure the queue wasn't already forming.

Congratulations to all who got tickets and best of luck for the Guardian promotion to any who were disappointed.
coldbeer

Post by coldbeer »

richiep wrote:Got tickets for Orchestra Stalls Row Y - is that the same as the Regular Stalls<
Last saw Leonard over 30 years ago in Bristol. He did so many encores that he almost repeated the entire set!
Quite excited - well very, very excited to be honest!!!
It's the same as the regular stalls. I think there is a law that Opera Houses have to use fancy names. :lol:

I
Shansey

Post by Shansey »

I have just got 2 tickets for manchester on Wednesday. Row YY..which is obviously near the back but from having been to Manchester Opera House before (about 20 years ago) it's only a smallish venue. i think it is a 1900 seater.

It took a few tries to even get any tickets coming up on Ticket master, so I just took the first that I could.

I'm sooooooo excited.
elljay

Post by elljay »

Hi , I tried to get a single ticket for the Friday night but no joy so just grabbed one for the Tuesday night - Gallery, row D. I know it's a long shot but is there anyone out there who wanted the Tuesday but took the Friday just to get a ticket :?: I know this is probably highly unlikely but I have to ask..... I'm travelling from Edinburgh and its my son's 7th birthday on the Wednesday and I don't really know if I can not be there for him waking up on his big day :cry: Ironically can't go to the Edinburgh Castle concert because we're on holiday that week. I feel physically sick over this whole thing........
Martinmars

Post by Martinmars »

quiet simply farcical - an hour plus up the swannee trying for tickets, there has to a better way than this ridiculous lottery - am not gonna pay some tout's mortgage -so stuff it
michaelhudson

Post by michaelhudson »

how are you people booking these tickets?! ticketmaster phoneline 0844 847 2277 says no tickets available, so does website. need tickets for mcr NOW!! any date.please help.
fafner

Post by fafner »

I am absolutely elated - I queued outside the Palace Theatre from 7.45 and braved the Touts....but I got my tickets. The anxiety has been growing to unbearable levels all week and by 9.59am I could hardly contain it. It's been worth it though - I can now sit and stare at my tickets and wait for June to arrive.

I hope everyone else here is successful. Sadly, some of those touts have already put their allocation on ebay....
Longpig

Post by Longpig »

I had a peek on eBay and I can't believe it... Criminal. :(
ptn

Post by ptn »

Congrats to all those who got tickets.

For those who didnt, a few tips:

Call on the phone and ask to see if there are any restricted view tickets available. The website doesn't offer these, but you can get them over the phones and the restriction is often minimal. Chances are, these have been sold by now, but it's worth a try.

Also, ask if there are any single or triple seats left - we try not to leave single seats as people usually buy in pairs, so it is common to have 3s that are left unbought. Obviously, this means you'll need to buy three tickets or just one, but it's worth asking. (Bear in mind that the agent is told not to leave single tickets and could get in trouble for doing so, so please don't try to convince the nice agent to break the rules!)

KEEP TRYING! Over the next few weeks, tickets will be put back in the system as cards get declined, or when people have gone over the ticket limit, or when we catch touts. Odd tickets always trickle back through the system, so it is always worth checking! The phone are best for this, because agents can look through all dates and check for any singles/triples and so on. Persevere!

HOLY FUCK! I've just looked on ebay and someone is selling 2 tickets in row Y for £499! Evil. It's worth conctacting the seller to try to get a reference then maybe trying TM customer services to see if you can get them investigated :-) Also, contact eBay - there are rules on not selling stuff that you don't yet have in-hand. We're unlikely to be sending these tickets out for a few weeks, so you may be able to get them in trouble on eBay...
fafner

Post by fafner »

ptn - I want to thank you. I've been lurking the last few days and I followed your advice to the letter. I now have those precious tickets for the Manchester shows. I really appreciate the time you have taken to offer your wisdom and experience. Cheers

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”