Manchester shows

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
real-alan

Re: Manchester shows

Post by real-alan »

Longpig wrote:Whew, thanks for the reassurance! I feel much better. Now just to warm up my mouse hand for some speed-clicking tomorrow morning!
Do spare us the details of exactly how you're going to do that... :shock: :shock: :shock:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Longpig

Post by Longpig »

Dirty. :p
coldbeer

Post by coldbeer »

Make sure to start hitting refresh on the page about 8.55 as even though the offical on sale time is 9am they often appear a minute or two early for online sale.
ptn

Post by ptn »

I've just had news that the onsale has been put back until 10am. I'll find out for certain in an hour, but this looks to be the new onsale time.

(Thanks for the offer of a pint, but I don't wanna be seen to be selling info :D )
coldbeer

Post by coldbeer »

10am would be better as Ticketmaster site always gets exceeedingly busy at 9am on a Friday morning so the hour later will hopefully see it being slightly less manic.

I'll be ready at 9am just in case though :D
K-Holed

Post by K-Holed »

I couldn't help but giggle when I saw this

When did Wales and The North West cease to be part of Great Britain?! :D
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

K-Holed wrote:I couldn't help but giggle when I saw this

When did Wales and The North West cease to be part of Great Britain?! :D
Wierd sense of humour there, K-holed... :?

Think the point is, they have no events listed in Wales & North West, but do have them elsewhere in the UK & in Ireland... I'v seen this screen a thousand times... :cry: :cry: :cry:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

K-Holed

Post by K-Holed »

Yes, I'd realised that was what it was intended to mean, I was just reading it on a more literal level.

I'm a little disapointed that the tickets are on sale at 10am now ... I have to be out of the house by 09:30 :( I guess I'll have to make my excuses and be late to lectures tomorrow. Some things are more importent than my education and future.
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

K-Holed wrote:Yes, I'd realised that was what it was intended to mean, I was just reading it on a more literal level.

I'm a little disapointed that the tickets are on sale at 10am now ... I have to be out of the house by 09:30 :( I guess I'll have to make my excuses and be late to lectures tomorrow. Some things are more importent than my education and future.
You're damned right, some things are more important... no better education than Mr Cohen, I reckon... and the future... it is murder...

linmag

Post by linmag »

I have already warned them at work that I will not be in tomorrow until I have got tickets for Manchester. I was hoping it would be a 9 am start, though. It's wages day tomorrow, and if I don't get in in time to do them there are going to be a lot of unhappy people with empty bank accounts over Easter. Some things are just too important, though!
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

It's the opposite for me... I have to get to work to use the computer there.... broadband hasn't reached my part of rural Donegal, and trying to do this over a dial-up connection would be too scary! So, I'll be in work early tomorrow 8) 8)

ptn

Post by ptn »

Tickets for Manchester are going onsale at 10am for definite. All other venues are going on at 9am.

All dates are going onsale apart from the 19th. I dunno when this will go onsale, but we are being told to direct enquiries to the MIF (Manchester International Festival) website.

Ticket prices will be £50 and £75, not including service charges (Likely to be around £5, sorry!).

The ticket limit is set to 6. This means a maximum of 6 tickets per card, per address. Any more than 6 tickets ordered to the same address will be cancelled. Annoying for those who have a lot of friends, but helps us avoid touting a little bit.

Again, good luck people!
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Once again, thanks PTN....

Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

ptn wrote:All dates are going onsale apart from the 19th. I dunno when this will go onsale, but we are being told to direct enquiries to the MIF (Manchester International Festival) website.

Again, good luck people!
Thanks for finding that out PTN. Where can I find the telephone no for Opera House, Manchester or for the Manchester Festival? Why isn't the 19th going on sale on Friday? It was the date I had decided to try and get tickets for.

Still I suppose there's one good thing to come out of this. I shall only have to try and get tickets for O2 Arena at 9am tomorrow instead of both Manchester and London
coldbeer

Post by coldbeer »

Just to let people know that Ticketline are saying that they will be selling tickets tomorrow as well.

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/news/details/leonard-cohen

I expect they will have a very small allocation and the tickets won't be the best but could be worth a try if you have no luck with Ticketmaster

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”