"A new album of original Leonard Cohen songs is in the works"

Leonard Cohen's posthumous album (2019)
Mabeanie1

Re: "A new album of original Leonard Cohen songs is in the works"

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:44 pm Wendy, there will be no tribute concerts this time (this is confirmed by the management).

The album of ten new songs is scheduled to November, but we don't need to wait so long to hear the first song, and maybe some more before the CD release date.

Eva Poola sent us a link to Canadian Post: https://www.rpsc.org/canadapost.htm
If you check the website, you'll learn that they are going to release LC stamps on September 21. More to follow shortly, as soon as the info can be made public.
Thanks for the update Jarkko. Shame about the concerts (I envisaged a great excuse for another meet up!) but wonderful news about the Canadian stamps. It's about time.

Look forward to hearing the first song(s) from the album.

Wendy
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

jarkko wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:44 pm
The album of ten new songs is scheduled to November
This suggests a good title for the album, "Ten New Songs." It sounds weirdly familiar, however.

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
ddanyc

Post by ddanyc »

A bit disappointed that there will be no concerts. We have yet to have, as far as I know, any live performance of songs from Popular Problems, You Want It Darker and, obviously, the new album. It would be wonderful if at some point a live performance could feature those albums.
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

I will perform at cafe Mopkok in Grenaa Denmark as a tribute to the release. Red Needles will be available. Lots of adorable women will attend (I suspect)

Peter
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
WiTS

Post by WiTS »

;-)
Attachments
update.jpg
············································································································
2008-06-29 Pyramid Stage, Glastonbury Festival; 2008-07-17 O2 Arena, London
Leonard Cohen Chinese Fansite since 2008 http://site.douban.com/137869/
Search LeonardCohenCHINA on WeChat and subscribe for the latest Leonard Cohen news
phillip

Post by phillip »

ddanyc wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:55 am A bit disappointed that there will be no concerts. We have yet to have, as far as I know, any live performance of songs from Popular Problems, You Want It Darker and, obviously, the new album. It would be wonderful if at some point a live performance could feature those albums.
Am sorry there wont be any more concerts as sadly Leonard passed away in 2016
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
ozgreat

Post by ozgreat »

panjandrum wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:17 pm

(P.S. Anyone know if there is a full video recording of Acordes Con Leonard Cohen available? I've found a few clips, but would love to add the entire video to my collection if it is available.)

Try this site:

https://online.freemusicdownloads.world ... nard+Cohen

Has full concert in both MP4 and MP3 and if you continue on with the page all songs are available individually in both formats.

Cheers,
Music knows no borders.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The album of ten new songs is scheduled to November
Correction: Nine new songs.
More soon. VERY soon.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

Nine new songs, because "Book of longing is not a new song?
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I'm closing this thread as the album info will be in a new thread https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... =3&t=38625

More tomorrow!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “Thanks for the Dance”