Everything about Leonard Cohen's new book
jarkko
Site Admin

La Llama - The Flame in Spanish translation

Post by jarkko »

La Llama
Paperback
344 pages
Publisher: PUBLICACIONES Y EDICIONES SALAMANDRA S.A.
Publication date: 15 november 2018
Collection : Narrativa
Language: Spanish
ISBN-10: 8498389003
ISBN-13: 978-8498389005

Article in today's Impure Mag: https://www.impuremag.com/leonard-cohen-the-flame/

(Book details from Dominique)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
valentin

Re: La Llama - The Flame in Spanish translation

Post by valentin »

It’s a disrespect to Leonard’s work and the Spanish fans the fact that the book has a different cover without the beautiful drawing of the international edition and, specially, that has been published in paperback and not in hardcover as it deserves. It’s a shame also that the edition and translation has been made by someone that can barely understand English and makes a living mistreating his work. Unfortunately we’re all used to it here in Spain.
Verde que te quiero verde...
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

valentin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:54 pm It’s a disrespect to Leonard’s work and the Spanish fans the fact that the book has a different cover without the beautiful drawing of the international edition and, specially, that has been published in paperback and not in hardcover as it deserves. It’s a shame also that the edition and translation has been made by someone that can barely understand English and makes a living mistreating his work. Unfortunately we’re all used to it here in Spain.
Sorry to hear that, if my Spanish was any good I would be tempted to buy the book just to see what was made of the translation. :lol: And yes, your right, they should have the same cover worldwide!
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
Christiane

Post by Christiane »

Hi, Valentin,
the German edition, too, has a different cover: totally black with Leonard´s name in white and "Die Flamme" in red-looks really depressing. Thank God, it´s bilingual, the German translation next to the English original. The texts were translated by 12 different people, so some are very good, some terrible.
Translations are always problematic, so I also bought the English original edition with the burning bush - and I love this wonderful book.
Christiane
valentin

Post by valentin »

Thanks Christiane. I am afraid that the Spanish edition will not be bilingual. What is a soft cover... And that the translation has been made by the same freeloading as always...
Verde que te quiero verde...
armadillo

Post by armadillo »

You are so right, Valentin. As a huge Leonard Cohen admirer and a professional translator, this pains me on both accounts.

Return to “THE FLAME - news and information”