THE FLAME - Leonard's New Collection of Poetry

Everything about Leonard Cohen's new book
WiTS

Re: THE FLAME - Leonard's New Collection of Poetry

Post by WiTS »

Received mine in Beijing today, on his 84th birthday :D
Attachments
IMG_20180921_140557~2-02.jpeg
············································································································
2008-06-29 Pyramid Stage, Glastonbury Festival; 2008-07-17 O2 Arena, London
Leonard Cohen Chinese Fansite since 2008 http://site.douban.com/137869/
Search LeonardCohenCHINA on WeChat and subscribe for the latest Leonard Cohen news
WiTS

Post by WiTS »

depp91 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:28 pm Got my preordered book from amazon.de yesterday, it's the British edition by Canongate.
All I can say so far: It's beautiful.

However, I've found an error in the lyric version of 'A Street'. It ends with the words 'There may be wine and roses' - I'm sure this is a mistake.
Yes, A Street within Lyrics section of the flame is not as complete as the print version on the booklet of Popular Problems CD
Attachments
ioons2-01.jpeg
············································································································
2008-06-29 Pyramid Stage, Glastonbury Festival; 2008-07-17 O2 Arena, London
Leonard Cohen Chinese Fansite since 2008 http://site.douban.com/137869/
Search LeonardCohenCHINA on WeChat and subscribe for the latest Leonard Cohen news
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We show here this feature of THE FLAME in the October issue of Esquire.
The book is "required reading" for fall 2018.
Adrienne Westerfeld has selected the books.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
DBCohen

Post by DBCohen »

I just received my copy of THE FLAME in the British edition; the quality is very disappointing: the paper is too thin, the font is much too small, and on the whole, there is a feeling of a second-rate job, especially when compared with Book of Longing. Since the book is divided into several parts, a table of contents could have been expected but none is given. Following the title page there is a page with an illustration and the title THE FLAME again, but this should have come after the Foreword and Editorial Note, not before them. These are perhaps small things but they add to the feeling that it could and should have been done better.

I guess I’ll have to ignore all this and focus on the contents, but it is a shame.
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

jarkko wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:50 am According to what I have been told, "[Malka Marom's book] is an illegal publication", and it remains to be seen what will happen to it.
Much to my surprise I received the book today. Ordered it over a year ago (august 2017) and had forgotten about it :oops: since it seemed to be "illegal". Apparently they have sorted out the right issues?

Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Hugo: where did you buy it (who delivered it)?
This seems to be some kind of mystery.
Also Finnish libraries have recently got copies.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

jarkko wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:53 am Hugo: where did you buy it (who delivered it)?
Ordered it at Bol.com , biggest online bookseller in the Netherlands. As I said it was over a year ago that I ordered it and it suddenly was delivered last week. The current status of the book at Bol.com is “not available “ so it seems to be a glitch that made me receive the book(?) :o
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:53 am Hugo: where did you buy it (who delivered it)?
I got my copy from Waterstones, probably the UK’s biggest bookseller after Amazon, last November.

Wendy
NicoleCollins

Post by NicoleCollins »

I put out of your mind realizing that Leonard was once in the market respiration air some location. Communicating and imparting his approaches of existence to different men and women. Abiding. I've a way this final "hearth" will by detailed ways deliver me in the direction of what used to be as soon as everlasting in him. He seemed as though it might have an executed an extremely good stage of awareness towards an notable completion.

Return to “THE FLAME - news and information”