EVENT POSTPONED

Yorkshire Lad

Re: EVENT POSTPONED

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Hi Maarten
Either of the options you set out are fine with Jean and myself . Please keep our registration fees as there is no way we will be missing the event whenever you decide to rearrange it for .
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Hi Maarten,

I haven't visited the Forum for a while, due to personal reasons, so I was first disappointed to see that Ghent is postponed for this summer. It does not surprise me at all, but I'm sorry. I was planning to book to come. Sorry especially for you and your parents and other helper organisers as I know how much work, planning and energy is needed to set up an LC Event, for which I thank you!

For me, I'd love to see Ghent rescheduled for summer 2021. I miss you all!

However, I do see there are other peoples' arguments for waiting til 2022. Having read everything, I was particularly struck by Lizzytish's long post. I do live somewhat closer, in London! But I have to go along with the view that in more than a year from now (15 months actually) we will hopefully all be released from this nightmare of sickness, and that by August next year gatherings such as our lovely musical ones to celebrate Leonard should be fine to go ahead.
I will be guided by whatever you as organiser decide is best.
Love Sue x
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Friends

Please see https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 91&t=38954 for the announcement about the rescheduled Event which will take place in August 2021.

All good things
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

I'm just here to say I have been thinking of our postponed event since Facebook reminded me that yesterday would have been Day 1 in Ghent. While we are very sad to be quarantining here, we look forward to next year and seeing all of our great friends at the 2021 Event.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

What a great and uplifting note !
Thanks for the big uplift at a time it is so needed . :)
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi all

The dates of the rescheduled Ghent Event have been confirmed: Aug 5-7 2022.
More details can be found here: https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewforum.php?f=94
Please reply in the new thread from now on, this old thread will be locked to avoid confusion.

Hope to see you all in Ghent next summer!
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event 2020 in Ghent, Belgium - RESCHEDULED TO 2022”