Possible accommodation: NH Ghent Belfort

Maarten

Possible accommodation: NH Ghent Belfort

Post by Maarten »

Dear all

Like I mentioned in the topic about the Event dates before, I have been in contact with the hotel NH Ghent Belfort to see whether or not they would be willing to give a discount to our participants during their stay for the Event. Meanwhile, the details are all set and I'm just waiting for them to finalize the paperwork and provide a booking link for us to use.

EDIT Sept 19 (see post below):
I received the booking link our Event participants can use from the hotel NH Ghent Belfort:
https://www.nh-hotels.com/event/leonard-cohen-event-

Feel free to use the link to book the hotel for your stay in Ghent, but if you do, please send me a quick email (maarten.massa@me.com) so I can keep track of the number of rooms still available for us (also mention the exact dates you have booked in your email).

Important: Cancellation policy
Bookings can be cancelled free of charge upto 5 days prior to your arrival. After that date, costs will be fully charged on your credit card.
This hotel is only 200m (2min walk) away from our Event venue (Miry Concert Hall) and has been frequented by quite a few forum members during their visit to Ghent for one (or more) concert(s) in 2010 and 2012 at the St Peter's Square.

NH_Ghent_Belfort_walking_route.JPG
(click to enlarge)

I was hoping to work towards a nice discount, but the hotel was rather reluctant to lower its prices for us (understandable, of course, because it is high season at that time and I'm sure they will be almost fully booked then...).
On the positive side: they have blocked rooms for us on a fair rate (similar or slightly better than the rates I find now looking on booking.com and others) and will keep those blocked for us to certain dates, using the same rate. This means this deal will probably be of more interest to participants who need to book accommodation a bit later, although the proposed rates are still interesting for participants who want to book accommodation soon. Of course everyone is free to book other hotels, B&Bs or other for their stay, this is merely a suggestion...

These are the proposed rates for the NH Ghent Belfort. Please note that the rates are for standard double rooms, but single use. For double occupancy, add another 18 EUR. The rates do include breakfast (approx. 20 EUR per person), so the extra 18 EUR for double occupancy is just to cover the cost of the breakfast for that second person.
They have blocked 35 rooms for the Saturday and Sunday night, but have also blocked 10 rooms for us some days prior to and after the weekend for those who wish to book for a longer period. Upon booking, you can choose yourselfs which dates you want to stay.

NH_Ghent_Belfort_rates.JPG
(click to enlarge)

If you wish to book the NH Ghent Belfort, make sure to check your usual booking website or visit the hotel's booking page to compare rates:
https://www.guestreservations.com/nh-ge ... nt/booking

Any updates on the hotel with the booking link will be posted in this thread as soon as possible, but you can start doing your homework already!
Also, if you have any questions regarding accommodation in Ghent, feel free to send me an email at maarten.massa@me.com and I will try to help you out.

All the best
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Maarten

Re: Possible accommodation: NH Ghent Belfort

Post by Maarten »

Hi

I received the booking link our Event participants can use from the hotel NH Ghent Belfort:
https://www.nh-hotels.com/event/leonard-cohen-event-

Feel free to use the link to book the hotel for your stay in Ghent, but if you do, please send me a quick email (maarten.massa@me.com) so I can keep track of the number of rooms still available for us (also mention the exact dates you have booked in your email).

Important: Cancellation policy
Bookings can be cancelled free of charge upto 5 days prior to your arrival. After that date, costs will be fully charged on your credit card.

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event 2020 in Ghent, Belgium - RESCHEDULED TO 2022”