Event dates: August 7-9 2020

Maarten

Event dates: August 7-9 2020

Post by Maarten »

Hello friends

I'm happy to let you know the dates for the Ghent Event in 2020 are confirmed: the Event will take place during the weekend of August 7, 8 and 9 2020.
Our venue is situated right in the heart of the old city center of Ghent and I am absolutely pleased with it! More info will follow later, of course.

I'm also in touch with a nice hotel only a few hundred meters away from the venue which has been frequented by quite many of our forum members in the past while visiting the city for Leonard Cohen concerts in 2010 and/or 2012 to negotiate a discount for our participants. Of course you are free to book accommodation yourselfs, but if you can wait a bit longer, I might be able to provide a special link with discount code for that specific hotel. Stay tuned!

As usual, the Event will have its official start on Friday evening (August 7), but as many of you have experienced there will be non official gatherings and an Early Bird Welcome already on the Thursday before, so plan your stay accordingly. And for those who have difficulties saying their goodbyes: I'm sure there will be Cohenites roaming the lovely streets of Ghent on Monday aswell...

During the course of last month, I've seen quite a lot of sweet memories of the Leonard Cohen concerts in Ghent in 2010 and 2012 and the gatherings around those dates pop-up on my FaceBook timeline and I can only hope the weather will be as good as it was then. But I'm confident the Event will bring us all back together to celibrate Leonard's life, works and music and enjoy each others company.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact me on maarten.massa@me.com.

So I hope to see so many of you again, whether it's your first visit to Ghent or not!

All the best
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
dencarter1

Re: Event dates: August 7-9 2020

Post by dencarter1 »

Hope very much to be there, to meet up with friends from Hydra - and of course to make new friends! Thank you for the invitation.
Mary72

Post by Mary72 »

One by one the guests arrive
See you down the road, Maarten!
DanDevos

Post by DanDevos »

Wellcome, wellcome, let all my guests come in!

oh, and rest assured: Ghent will not forsake you!
Do bring you fedora hat, and feel like a Ghentleman.
Thank you, Maarten, for choosing Ghent for this event - I'm soo looking forward to it!
Dan
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Very much looking forward to our return to Ghent in 2020 Maarten!

When do you hope to have news for us on venue location, hotel discounts etc? (I had a quick look just now at the prices for the hotel we have stayed in in Ghent previously and all I can say is ouch ...)

Wendy
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Mabeanie1 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:34 pm Very much looking forward to our return to Ghent in 2020 Maarten!

When do you hope to have news for us on venue location, hotel discounts etc? (I had a quick look just now at the prices for the hotel we have stayed in in Ghent previously and all I can say is ouch ...)

Wendy
Hi Wendy

I have just sent them another email asking about the final details for our arrangement. It looks as the discount will not be really large, but they will be blocking rooms for us right upto 5, 3 and 2 weeks before the Event (cancelling some rooms at those dates if they are still vacant, leaving a percentage of the blocked rooms still available for us for reservation). So it will be good for late deciders, but not extremely interesting for people making reservations soon (still working on lowering their price, though). I guess I will find out more within 1 (max 2) week(s) time and will post details as soon as possible.

Hope that helps!
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

OK. Thanks for the update Maarten.

W
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Dear friends

We have decided to postpone the Event. For further information, please read the following announcement:
https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 91&t=38878

Maarten

Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Friends

Please see https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 91&t=38954 for the announcement about the rescheduled Event which will take place in August 2021.

All good things
Maarten

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event 2020 in Ghent, Belgium - RESCHEDULED TO 2022”