Judith Fitzgerald's critique of "The Master Song"

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
George.Wright

Postby George.Wright » Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:01 am

Leonard the trinity!!!
Excellent, i think LC through drugs expanded himself so much to realise there are multi faceted sides to your psyche
and they are more accountable and visable to the ego whilst tripping
Georges(many dopplegangers)
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
lightning

Postby lightning » Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:48 am

We're not "only human".
George.Wright

Postby George.Wright » Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:59 am

Your right, there is a bit of us where there is a crack that the light shines in
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
John the Shorts

Postby John the Shorts » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:51 pm

Sorry folks

We are only human which means we are less than humane

JTS (Too much beer [again])
tom.d.stiller

Postby tom.d.stiller » Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:59 am

John - don't blame it on too much beer when you discovered some sad truth.

BTW: have another pint on me. And make it a stout this time. :P

Tom
Adam24

Re: Judith Fitzgerald's critique of "The Master Song"

Postby Adam24 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:03 pm

Is this essay still somehow available???
Judith Fitzgerald

Postby Judith Fitzgerald » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:35 am

Seven years -- given or taken? Thank you for your lovely words and spirited assessment of the rabid attacks and willingness to engage in an intelligent discussion of LC's "Master Song," David. I am sorry you left The Forum; but, that does happen and I understand it since I, too, departed all such discussions years and years ago. I did want to make one post and when I came to so do, I discovered your email so, I elected to take advantage of that discovery to thank you for yours. You done good :). I am genuinely grateful.

FYI, lightning, you might wish to know each online essay (or partial interpretation since why give away for free the entire exhaustive analyses destined for publication in book-form, duh?) that I did post online contains (at least) two glerrors -- and, my neologising and long-winding ways continue unabashedding since, not only have I now surpassed Shakespeare's record for same, the entire world now engages in the practice you first witnessed in the Leonard Cohen NG a dozen or so years ago -- for the simple reason that, should anyone steal the work, I could prove it easily without involving lawyers, litigation, yadda-yadda-yawn. Make sense, given the DMCA and related copyright issues? Good :). Right now, I am a signatory in a suit being pressed by a group of Canadian writers against Google books, in fact. I am sorry you did not have the opportunity to read other pieces I did allow Jarkko to post online because you would have discovered the pattern, a sly but very effective way to ensure my original works stay that way. Pas de sweat; your ogle-ops shall improve exponentially should my plan work for LC and the true-b'losin community (a.k.a. my two fan :)).

Have a nice daze (and, although I am no longer in touch with hardly anyone here [and will not return to this thread], I do have some very good news to announce later this [or next] month concerning that book I had planned to write on LC's five masterpieces, the set I call Cinquo de Leo); in the meantime (and I do hope it has grown less mean), my two fan here can read about my wonderful journey carrying the Olmypic Torch by visiting http://www.globeandmail.com/books and, beneath "Recent news and features from Globe Books," you will discover a link -- "Torch 'n' glow (or touch 'n' go)" -- describing that glorious day that earned the ultimate compliment from the world's greatest artist, one I am sure kept me alive during my time in the hospital this past week or so, one I am sure will inspire me to continue to soar when you hear of the project I now have in store, the one I conceived post-surgery for lookin'-good-2-B-gone Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, the one I am certain will prove so fine and right and good when it comes to the truth of the fact of the matter LC is abso-deffo this world's contemporary Shakespeare. Hallelujah! Stay toned . . . more to come . . . via other "channels" . . ..

Undeniably, Judith Fitzgerald (who loves you all so very much and wishes you always and only the very best)
p.s. If you have trouble finding the link on The Globe and Mail's BOOKS portal, you may find it useful to click here ----> http://tinyurl.com/torchnglowgrrl
ENJOY A SELECTION OF IMPECCABLE REGRET'S PUSHCART-NOMINATED SEQUENCES IN HA&L:
http://bit.ly/1Frlmhu
IMPECCABLE REGRET'S TALON/PENGUIN BIRTH DAY:
http://www.talonbooks.com/books/impeccable-regret
"JUDITH FITZGERALD PRESENTS II: SIX OF ONE is an eminently worthy and world-class enterprise. Happy to have had a small part in it."
— Leonard Cohen
http://tinyurl.com/leolovesjfpresents
dar

Postby dar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 am

I'm her fan...will always carry a torch for her talent. Her presence here is missed by this one woman.

Dar
GinaDCG

Postby GinaDCG » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:34 pm

This poet/critic is new to me. But thanks for calling my attention to her David. And the "golden thread" line I had found perturbing. Now it makes sense. Thanks.
jazz4111

Postby jazz4111 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 am

John Starr Cooke, also known among the Tauregs of North Africa as Racid Sufi.(Google him)
Jazz
cmurphy

Postby cmurphy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:56 pm

It's great to return to the NG after 10 or so years and find Judith and Dar....
Cathy
long time Beautiful Loser
our steps will aways rhyme

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”