Nancy & Me

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams »

I'm no expert either, but I think you'll find that they'll play on most media players, and can easily be changed into .mp3/.mpeg/ etc. files: just make sure the 'hide extensions' box in 'folder options' is unchecked, then rename the file, typing the appropriate file extension over the previous one. As far as I know they'll be no problem burning them onto a cd. Whatever, I can always send them anyway - that way you can experiment to your heart's (dis)content. :D

Any and all Cohen tracks in my collection are available too.
The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won't get much sleep.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'll try it, then, Jim... ey yi yi ~ one burned-up system later, I'm likely to let you know what [phwoosh ~ up in virtual fire] happened :lol: .

Thanks for partnering with me in my hard-drive's destruction :wink: .

Seriously, of course! Thanks!

~ Lizzy :D
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams »

Eeek! You're worrying me already. Hehe. OK, send your e-mail address to me at podwilliams@aol.com and we can do business. If you don't have the Judy Collins tribute cd, by the way, I highly recommend it.
The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won't get much sleep.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks ~ I will do that, Jim... Yes, I have Judy Collins's tribute album, and you're right on your recommendation ~ it IS Wonderful!!! I love Leonard's comments to her, on the sleeve, as well 8) . He's so appreciative of others' roles in his life.

~ Lizzy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I can't believe I've been so intimidated all this time by "MP3" ~ I've just listened to two of them, transported to me that way [I guess :? ] ~ well, no matter how they got here, Nancy's voice is pure and warm. Very lovely in her sound and expression.

~ Lizzy
Cohen Kid

Post by Cohen Kid »

Ooh, I didn't know Nancy actually sung of Leonards records... and that she make an album on her own... :D
Nice to know, considering Seems so long ago Nancy is my favourite Cohen song!!!!!
Thanks!
A sip of wine, a cigarette
And then it's time to go
I tidied up the kitchenette
I tuned the old banjo
-10 new songs, Boogie Street
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

It's a different Nancy, though, Cohen Kid :) .

~ Lizzy
Cohen Kid

Post by Cohen Kid »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Hmmm... sorry! I must have understood it wrong!! hahaha

Thanks for saying Lizzytysh!!! :D
A sip of wine, a cigarette
And then it's time to go
I tidied up the kitchenette
I tuned the old banjo
-10 new songs, Boogie Street
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You're welcome, Cohen Kid :) ... however, if you go back and start on page 1, you can read about this Nancy. Somewhere there's a link to, or it's merely included in a posting, a photo of her. Her voice is truly lovely.

~ Lizzy

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”