Along the way... Discovering Leonard's albums

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
Hartmut

Re: Along the way... Discovering Leonard's albums

Postby Hartmut » Fri May 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Good luck with all of your endeavours, Vickie!
B4real

Postby B4real » Sat May 19, 2018 12:16 am

Hey you guys, I've been having computer problems and don't you know it, when it rains it pours - so to speak - but I'm here now :)

Hartmut, I'm glad you liked the diploma, thank you! I had lots of fun designing it!

4, Don't worry about your score, it doesn't matter - you are pure of heart and that is ALL that matters! So it's a given to add your name plus you were the one who suggested I design the first diploma and that verse which Vickie loves so much that I included in this diploma was also your suggestion back then - so there's your answer 8)

Vickie, There are live versions of Diamonds In The Mine with more angst (definitely word-wise) that you can poke a stick at! I'll wait til you get settled to talk about them. Hope everything goes smoothly with the transition of moving!
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
AlanM

Postby AlanM » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:05 am

This is not really a reply, but I thought it might catch your eye here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEVERLEY
Karin and I hope you have a wonderful Cohen-filled day.
Best wishes for the years to come.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
anny

Postby anny » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:46 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bev !!!

anny
B4real

Postby B4real » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:22 am

Thank you so much, Alan and Karin :D My reply might also catch your eye ;-)
animated-thank-you-image-0078.gif
animated-thank-you-image-0078.gif (69.46 KiB) Viewed 475 times

I'm at this moment listening to the very last Australian concert in Adelaide 2013 we all went to - such wonderful memories! ....and below is a great visual just to make sure I do have a wonderful Cohen-filled day 8)

Happy-Birthday-LC-salute.gif
Happy-Birthday-LC-salute.gif (252.42 KiB) Viewed 466 times

Also many thanks to you, Anny :D I feel like I'm going round in circles today ;-)

Thanx.gif
Thanx.gif (4.86 KiB) Viewed 475 times

I simply can't believe that I've lived long enough to be this young :razz:
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
its4inthemorning

Postby its4inthemorning » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Bev,

A belated happy birthday from NA!

Now that you've just reheard the final Australian concert, you might be in a mood to go through your memories of the event and recount them to us here. Given your thoughtful and perceptive nature, I for one would find it to be very interesting reading.

I am counting the days until I get to see you in your famous tee shirt on Hydra next year!

Best,

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
B4real

Postby B4real » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:13 am

Hi Curt,

Thanks for your kind words and the birthday wishes! Actually, I was supposed to be born on my parents wedding anniversary 08 June so you are unknowingly right on time!

While listening to that Adelaide concert, I remembered hearing Murray who was sitting next to me enthusiastically clapping and I must admit so was I. Also I fess up to some additional rather audible vocal contributions from myself as well on the recording! But hey, that’s what brings back those unique moments in time which makes each concert different and so special!! You asked about my memories of the concert; they are the same now as then so here’s a link to my first words and keep reading- https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 15#p342103

But to get the whole special flavour of this concert, you should start here at the beginning -https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 79&t=34764
As well as others, Alan’s words, photos and videos are wonderful as is Dean’s as usual excellent report. It was so nice to physically catch up with Dean again at this concert plus Alan and Karin's matchless hospitality in Adelaide was a bonus!

And if I ever do get to Hydra you can be sure I will have my special LC gift of that T-Shirt with me!

And now I must do some preparation for a Fine Art Competition of which I am to be the solo judge. It is an annual event in a nearby city that has been going on for 144 years so it’s an honour and a privilege to be asked to judge it. I have an eclectic taste in art which is of benefit to being a judge so hopefully everyone is happy with my choices.
Hartmut

Postby Hartmut » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:56 pm

It's a bit late now, but, well: Happy birthday, Bev!
B4real

Postby B4real » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:03 am

Thank you, Hartmut :D It's never too late to give or receive good wishes!
Last edited by B4real on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlanM

Postby AlanM » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:13 am

Thank you for your kind words, Bev.
I often re-read the concert reports, mainly the ones I attended, to relive those wonderful experiences, not just the great times at the venues, but also the anticipation of the event and the "coming down" afterwards.
Catching up with friends who have the same interest in LC was an added bonus.

I have got to share this quote from UK comedian Gary Delaney with you:
What catches my eye is short people with umbrellas!

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
B4real

Postby B4real » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:06 am

AlanM wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:13 am
I have got to share this quote from UK comedian Gary Delaney with you:
What catches my eye is short people with umbrellas!
Alan, I have a good visual of that quote in my head, especially in a strong wind and/or crowded situation near tall people :) And the problem could be solved by the short people using a see-through cone shaped umbrella ....
or they could simply wear a Famous Blue Raincoat ;-)
its4inthemorning

Postby its4inthemorning » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi Bev,

Thanks for the Adelaide links, I found time to look at everything there. It sure must have been an exciting time, not just the concert of course, but the experience of interacting with old and new Cohen fans. Sad that all of those days are past, but I always remind myself how lucky Joann and I were to have rediscovered Leonard and participated at all. Sort of like Bogart in Casablanca, except modified to "we'll always have Paris...and Barcelona and Lucca." Those trips were so special, I can still recall even the smallest of details years later.

Interesting assignment, the art show judgeship! I would be curious to see a few photos of the winning entries either here or by PM.

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
B4real

Postby B4real » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:07 am

Hi Curt,
Yes, we are fortunate to have attended the concerts we did and it’s simply a bonus to be able to recall them in detail. It’s thanks to this forum as a wonderful memory bank to be able relive them again as time goes on. For those not at any concert you can get a sense of what it was like – an unsurpassed experience :D

The judging of the art competition went well – no dissenting voices thankfully! I never took any photos of the entries but the stewards did take some of me with the major sponsor of the overall Best in Show and its winning entry. So thanks for the prompt, I will see if they can give me some copies.

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”