Page 21 of 71

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:59 am
by Hartmut
Hm ... how about this?

'I came so far for beauty
I left so much behind
My patience and my family
My masterpiece unsigned'

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:03 am
by Hartmut
And perhaps this:

'Yes, you who must leave everything that you cannot control
It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul'

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:43 pm
by holydove
Harmut, you got it exactly unequivocally undeniably correct, with both songs! :D

Re: AW: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:18 am
by Hartmut
holydove wrote:Harmut, you got it exactly unequivocally undeniably correct, with both songs! :D
Thank you! - Your hint 'familiar' was very helpful. :-)

Re: AW: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:39 am
by Hartmut
There's a song that is apparently not quite certain whether it's the duty of a person or of a celestial body to make sure that the garment of the protagonist is nicely shining.

And there's another song that suggests that the celestial body is doing too good a job of it.

And in a third song the narrator suspects that the celestial body really doesn't care.


Too easy?

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:46 am
by uncleerwinone
Hartmut
Could this be the first one: JOAN OF ARC - "no moon to keep her armour bright,
no man to get her through this very smoky night."

Re: AW: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:39 am
by Hartmut
uncleerwinone wrote:Hartmut
Could this be the first one: JOAN OF ARC - "no moon to keep her armour bright,
no man to get her through this very smoky night."
Yes, you're right.

In the version on 'Can't Forget', he swaps 'man' and 'moon', so that this line reads: 'no man to keep her armour bright'

That's what I meant with 'not quite certain whether it's the duty of a person or of a celestial body'

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:49 am
by B4real
Hi Hartmut,
If it's the same celestial body (it's very versatile and numerous in LC's songs :) ) then maybe these two are the 2nd & 3rd songs you want –

Ah, the moon's too bright ~ I’m Your Man

I didn't think the moon would mind at all ~ Never Any Good

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:09 pm
by Hartmut
B4real wrote:If it's the same celestial body (it's very versatile and numerous in LC's songs :) ) then maybe these two are the 2nd & 3rd songs you want –

Ah, the moon's too bright ~ I’m Your Man

I didn't think the moon would mind at all ~ Never Any Good
Yes, Bev, you're right. Both with your remark about the versatility and the numerosity of the moon - and with the lines and songs you mention.


So now you and uncleerwinone have to devise a riddle together. - Sorry, but those are the rules. :-)

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:15 am
by B4real
Ha ha! Hartmut, the rules are that there are no rules :razz: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35851&start=75#p353887
Therefore, one or more questions could be asked at the same time :)

So here’s my question which shouldn’t be too difficult to answer.
Please name a song of submission.

Re: AW: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:57 am
by Hartmut
B4real wrote:Ha ha! Hartmut, the rules are that there are no rules :razz:
But ... but ... this is anarchy!
B4real wrote:Therefore, one or more questions could be asked at the same time :)
Really? Are you sure? More than one? Even four? Or five?

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:24 am
by Steven
Hi B4real,

"If It Be Your Will" is a song of submission. The song reflects the humility of a supplicant.

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:05 am
by B4real
Ah Hartmut, anything can happen when chaos and disorder reign :lol:

That’s the answer, Steven :D
And to keep some semblance of protocol :) over to you now!

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:18 pm
by Steven
Hi,

A song contains a line that can reasonably be interpreted as a reference to television. Please name the
song.

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:31 pm
by Hartmut
Steven wrote:A song contains a line that can reasonably be interpreted as a reference to television. Please name the song.
'getting lost in that hopeless little screen' ('Democracy')?

(Which could also have been an entry in the 'Leonard Cohen Photo Caption Contest' [http://cohencentric.com/2015/08/10/more ... t-entries/].)