Closing time

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
Murphy575

Closing time

Post by Murphy575 »

When I saw Leonard in Gent, there was some delay "because of the weather" which is the worse excuse I've heard for an outdoor concert but there you go.

Anyway it was delayed by half an hour because it drizzled for about 5 minutes and therefore we had a really short break (literally, I went to have a smoke then it was starting again). So the where running out of time at the end (this might all be normal, I donno I've never seem him live before) but they played "Closing Time", but it was sped up.

Personally I REALLY liked it, so I took it into Audacity and sped it up. I thought I would share the fruits of my labour here - just encase I'm not the only one who really enjoyed it

Feel free to listen to it here. It's in a WAV format which should be playable through your browser. If you like it, you should be able to right click on the link "save link/target as".

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65872623/Closin ... pedUp).wav
Lazysuit

Re: Closing time

Post by Lazysuit »

Really lovely wierd is I'm drinking Murphy's and Closing Time came on (Listening to the LP Future) when I saw your note about Closing Time. Story might have been a bad one to be in but a great one to read - sorry I don't get my kicks out of other peoples mis haps but you did write it with some good spirit there so I think I'm ok to laugh.

I've just put closing time on again on the turntable and sped it up and yeah it is better. I think most of LC's giddy songs like this one sound so good live, the sound of a band working works the song out of it's ponce. Anyway I better shut up before I offend folk here.

'She's a hundred but she's wearing something tight' - what a line, so good.

Hope you enjoyed the gig

Cheers man.

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”